Sorry to start another forum about Mercy

I don’t mean to be another one of those people, but I’m just sad. I know everyone hates mercy, especially when she was completely broken but I find her incredibly boring to play nowadays. I know people might think I’m a loser but Mercy is what actually brought me to Overwatch. I love her character design and I thought she looked like so much fun to play (I don’t typically play fps so she got me into this style of game). In comparison to other supports now she just isn’t worthwhile and it makes me sad. I don’t think she should be reverted to her broken self but I do think she should be viable or fun to play. I’ve joked that maybe she could have rez as an ultimate again and be able to rez 2 teammates but also up to one enemy if they are within the range. I’m not sure what they could do, but I hope they do something to make her fun to play again because there are many people who enjoy her as a character and are let down by how boring and low her healing is now.

11 Likes

I agree. The issues with Mercy still remain, despite her being more “balanced”. Though some feel that she’s fine, a lot just don’t. I agree, she can certainly use something that makes her more fun to play. So many amazing threads with so many great suggestions and feedback getting ignored. It’s quite a shame really.

I’d also love for her rez incorporated in her ultimate again, or via a rework similar to one I’ve suggested in the past, but whatever the case, it’s clear that she can certainly use something more to give her more agency. Here’s hoping that we get some improvements in the near future. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

4 Likes

But … you are.

11 Likes

Same here, same here… ^_-

I think the vast majority of players don’t hate mercy

I’ve played from bronze to plat and I’ve never heard anyone question a mercy pick

They hate the player not the hero

1 Like

Mercy isn’t the issue…I seriously doubt people hate mercy

It’s the manner in which things were done on here

Most recent example…a raid…

11 Likes

So… side note for you.

3v3 lockout actually solves a lot of Mercy’s problems.

50 HPs looks a lot better when you only have up to 3 enemies shooting at the person you are trying to heal instead of up to 6.
Resurrect becomes crazy strong because with out it, your teammate’s not coming back this round.
Valkyrie being boring doesn’t matter cause you very very rarely get ultimates in that mode.

However… in general I agree with you.
In the normal 6v6 modes, Mercy can have cool moments but how awesome and how frequent they are… just not even close when compared to any other support.

I like Mercy, and many others do as well, and as such I respectfully disagree with the statement above

Have you taken a look at the dodo compromise rework?

I dont think any reasonable player would want to rez an enemy character

Keep in mind that many players find her fun in her current state, and that changing her wont necessarily make her fun for more players - changes could even make her less fun

When a player no longer finds a character to be fun - this happened to me when Torb was reworked into Nerfedbjorn - they have over 2 dozen other characters to choose from, and many other games to play instead if noen of the other characters are appealign either

1 Like

People don’t hate Mercy OP.
They just hate the people who play her, which is worse.

1 Like

It’s not that we’re mad at them,

We’re just extremely disappointed.

(Jokes btw)

SO U SAY U WANT A GOOD SUPORRT WHO HEAL A LOT,IS FUN TO PLAY AND HAVE NICE ABILITIES.Then why u dont play ana?..oh yea u need skills

Mercy is my girl

that is all

1 Like

or maybe, just maybe, they really like being able to fly… which Ana can’t do.

1 Like

What they want is a hero who can put them in top500 from low ranks in one season

Really?

The least divisive version of Mercy… and one that has been asked for repeatedly by a lot of people on these forums was Old Mercy Pre Invulnerability buff… who by all accounts was spectacularly under powered in high ranks.

So how does that fit with your little narrative exactly?

While I agree, this thread will probably get moved into the megathread (noticed another thread got moved there the other day) primarily because the team disagrees. As for apologising, you have nothing to be sorry for. This is a forum about Overwatch and you’re supposed to be able to post your feedback without apologising or worry of it being hidden away in an unread megathread.

I do play Ana, and I can play any support character with no issues, I’m just disappointed to see my favorite character no longer viable in competitive and probably the most boring character to play now. Also yes, I enjoy flying.

Serious question, because I see variations of that thought often around here. What exactly about her kit has changed enough that she is now fundamentally different to play than she was before?

Nothing about her actual play style has changed. Nothing. It was always heal, boost, fly, rez, with some on the fly decision making about when and where to do all those things mentioned. All of that about playing Mercy remains.

Why do people who found her fun “before” suddenly not finding her fun now? She is the same to me in terms of how much fun I had back in 2016 and how much fun I have with her now.

The only thing I can think is either the change of losing mass rez AND the most recent change of her heal nerf. Both of which were kind of necessary. The heal nerf, maybe a tad much, but still necessary.

So what is it that’s changed so much about her that people suddenly don’t like using her? Is her ultimate a bit underwhelming, sure, but so is Widow’s and Orisa’s and Tracer’s, but her ultimate is an addition to her kit that didn’t exist before, so it can’t be that which has turned people away from her. So what? What is it?

1 Like

Or an unnecessary rework and ignoring the rather remarkably large amount of feedback, instead dumping it into the never to be glanced at trashcan of a feedback thread…

Or leaving Mercy in her new ridiculously OP state for x amount of time/seasons/etc

Or all the toxicity directed at those that enjoyed the original variant.

This has been going on for quite a while with the state of Mercy and how blizzard handled the response to the changes at its core. That it’s still going is rather suprising though lol. I kinda just lost interest and eventually uninstalled (for this and a number of other reasons).

I still find it hilarious that people still believe this.

She was literally nerfed, in what, a dozen different ways during that period?

They never just “left her in an OP state”. They were constantly trying to fix it, it just took multiple attempts to get to an acceptable end.