Sorry to interrupt

I was playing overwatch in playstation as TuRkEy_NeCk23, and when I was looking for a comp match I somehow was lagged out, when I lagged out tho it put me back to the menu but my partner said that the game was going to cancel because of me despite that I didn’t even get joined in. So I decide to reset Overwatch because I got stuck on the menu and it worked finely resetting but when I went to go look into the play category, in my comp I was suspended for 30 minutes and taken away around 60 points I believe when I didn’t even want to. I mean sure it doesn’t really hurt but it’s kinda unfair that it did that, just givin out the word just so that it can get fixed before it happens to others. Thank you for your time.

This is the intended behavior of the matchmaking system. If you are offline, it is disadvantageous to your other teammates. Because Overwatch cannot tell if people unplug their PC/router, everyone receives the same penalties. You can read more info on this system here: Overwatch Technical Issues, SR Loss, and Leaver Penalties