"someone from upstairs" my man.. 15 chars

Continuing the discussion from Unauthorized Third-party Software:

how is it that a program that literally provides stats on gameplay, that’s after the game is completed is treated as a negative aspect. It does not give that person an unfair advantage.

You say you’d like to reiterate on which applications are not permitted but provide no examples

the same applications which you have stated in other threads do not provide unfair gameplay advantage and do not affect or influence the gameplay in any way shape or form

If such applications impede on the integrity of overwatch, please state why that is rather than listing “cheats, bots, and hacks,” which clearly the applications dont fall under.

the link you provide for blizzards end user license agreement is a 404.

I believe the main reason why people get frustrated is due to the lack of communication between the overwatch team and it’s fans/ player-base. Any communication in regards to touchy subjects like this are then generalized and the contents are very vague which often leads to confusion and more questions.

also, with regards to this thread from you…
"As the Forum Guidelines 6 state, there’s always a reason behind our moderators’ decisions. It’s up to you to read the forum Code of Conduct and these guidelines to determine what you did wrong, learn from your mistake, and attempt to post again without breaking any rules.

I’m locking this thread"

This is incredibly disappointing. The lack of consideration for players who are unaware of what they did wrong is crazy… You provide very limited feedback in which the player can better themselves. Attempt to post again without breaking rules?? really? You should be trying to help bring people up. Not turn a blind eye and say screw it. It would have been better for you to not post anything at all.

It seems that the code of conduct is more for moderators to remove/ lock posts that they biasedly don’t like or agree with and then point to vague rules and say you did something wrong. The amount of threads on here that break those rules but don’t get acknowledged is incredibly high. It’s too vague and can be bend to fit anyone’s judgement.

1 Like

Might want to avoid using mod’s names in the title - it can get your thread locked.

1 Like

Saw this on Reddit, regarding the discussion of third party apps, please go contribute if you can.

i’ve seen so many forms that have mods names in the titles but nothing removed or locked. If this gets removed, it’s only for that reason in which they don’t agree with this thread.

Maybe you should truly address the frustration and step away from the forums for a while? I know, it’s addictive to post and read and participate here, but sometimes you need to just step away and do something else.

As for the third-party software tracking stats, consider the following:

1. Legalized sports gambling is becoming a thing.
  2. Esports becoming mainstream might become a thing.
  3. Game statistics are an indispensable part of sports gambling.
  4. Blizzard’s economic incentive to have direct control over the flow of in-game statistics vastly outweighs any “friendliness” they gain from letting third parties profit off their software and their platform.

this is my first time looking at the threads and posting in weeks. I’m not that frustrated, it’s just disappointing to see

and it’s a consistent pattern that i see with moderators

1 Like