Somebody called out dps out for cheating

I saw this in chat today.
“Nice hacks Soldier”
" Your Soldier is cheating "
" can’t win without cheating, free report "

I was playing Orisa and after the match we won easy because they staggered Numani 1st 1 by 1.

I watched the replay to see if the Soldier was hacking or not. Not even close. Not even Plat aim. Salty kids walk straight into somebody, get killed and call hacks…

Not that it effects me either way, but why not watch a replay before you make an idiot out of yourself?

I call soldier an aimbot every time he ults tbh

9 Likes

Yeah, that was potg. 1st nano visor I’ve seen in a long time.

1 Like

we had a tracer at level 25 with 98% kill participation. But devs don’t care sooooo…

1 Like

did anyone play or switch to mccree/ashe/brig/genji/hanzo/doomfist/reaper/dva/etc? because your team not countering a hero isn’t a dev problem.

1 Like

just sounds like a smurf to me?

1 Like

Oh okay, so they don’t have to do anything because smurfing isn’t just allowed, its encouraged. Thanks for clearing that up.

What are you on about?

1 Like

With the awareness of people in bronze, I can honestly say when I was down there I had some games like that simply because I blundered into the path that noone was looking down, and they didn’t turn to deal with me after i started shooting them. I was called a smurf and i was legit triple digit bronze. I have recently recaptured this experience, please enjoy the following:

1 Like

I am curious. Why do you think your opinion matters more than theirs? Because that is all it is. I can assure you I have more experience than you with cheats and I know for a fact lots of people are indeed cheating.

This is undeniable to anyone who is being honest about the current state of PC gaming. So I have to conclude just another “salty” cheater, thinking he is smarter than he really is. Oh and sound rather simple if I am being honest.

How do you watch a replay mid match?

I’ve spotted tons of cheaters, it’s not hard to spot, especially if you have years of experience cheating in other games and what it looks like in Overwatch.

Alot of people in Overwatch though, don’t know the difference between good aim and hacks.

I see some people didn’t understand.
The Soldier wasn’t cheating. He wasn’t even hitting all that many shots.

The salty person in chat walked straight into our soldier twice and died then got visored in both rounds.They were mad and thought nobody could be better than them without hacks.

If I think somebody is hacking I watch the replay and report. I would have reported our soldier if he had been cheating. In reality he stayed on high ground and didn’t do anything special or sketchy looking.

Man I’ve done this. I could’ve sworn this Hanzo was a Smurf because he was getting insane shots on me. Watched replay, the dude couldn’t hit a rein shield. He was terrible but his shots on me were all insane because they were sheer luck.

Did you watch just the beginning of the replay, or did you skip to later in the match? Most cheaters don’t start toggled on, so their aim looks deliberately bad. They toggle on if they start to lose, then they turn up the settings if things get really serious. Also, if it’s a pixelbot that relies on enemy health bars to aim, then you’re not going to see the magic aim until after a health bar is visible.

i had 100% on brig not long ago. I promesse i dont use hacks.

Also it tells me they probably ran in one by one so the tracer could hit them at least once.

Not encouraged, but allowed.
What else should they do? So i have a new account so i mail blizzard hi, i already have a GM account, can you put my new account also on GM?
That would be stupid. Everyone has to climb the same way.

I agree, i even reported someone last weekend. Who i didnt saw doing anything bad during the game. The game we lost hard, but i still rewatch it to learn of my mistakes and see if i could have done something different.

So at the last fight just before over time we were very close to the next point (so we get more time) We had tons of ults and the enemy almost none but we still lost. So i watched that part to see why we could have loose that fight.
So when i was looking at my own gameplay (mostly my shield placement etc) i saw or sombra stealthed dancing the whole fight…
This player was not bad, and even had first few kills in a row on widow at start of the game. I then rewatched the whole game out of her view and i see her do lots of wierd things , mostly on sombra like just standing spamming hello to enemy players during fights.
I dont know why she did this (at least i think it was a she: name was bunnygirl or something) She played a lot also normal and pretty good. She was grouped with other players, maybe just a kid thinking to be funny?) But of course i reported it.

And i hope in the near feature, because of this review system we will be able to penalize players faster then the current report system. Like for example the same system as in CS:GO where players (need to earn this -> the better you do this the more you are allowed to review -> with of course bonuses if you do) need to vote on reported reviews(or parts of it). So like a 1000 votes(1000 players) for each review. If like 70% think this player is guilty then he gets a penalty right away.

With the current report system, a player who soft throws (so without most people not even noticing it) And only very rarely get reports each season, will never get banned.

The sombra was a Thrower. Not noticing her throwing your game tell a lot about your awarness. Her group was probably soft throwing to.

I was playing main tank, so more focusing on the enemy main tank, and not what my flanker was doing.