Some Talon theory I have

Well, we see that developers from all Talon agents they make Reaper, Sombra and Widowmaker the main trio to which we should look forward to.
And I have feeling that there isn’t any way to develop them more than to break them away from Talon and became their own group.
Reaper isn’t Talon’s loyal soldier, he is most likely mercenary whose Talon pay to do their work. Even if this isn’t true, anyway he is more individual than any Talon soldier. Sombra pretends to be Talon’s loyal soldier while in reality she uses them to do her own goals. Widowmaker is Talon’s loyal soldier, she does anything what Talon command her to do.
What I think will happen is some Talon event will make Reaper go aganist Talon. He will use help from Sombra to fight back and escape from Talon. Together they will take Widowmaker with themselves too. As I said before, Widowmaker does anything what Talon command her to do, even to kill other Talon agents.

But why would Reaper do that? He wants to kill Overwatch. Talon wants to kill Overwatch. They work together to kill Overwatch. The only reasons he would are A. Becomes good again or B. Talon stops wanting to kill Overwatch.

2 Likes

It doesn’t have to be about Overwatch. The trio can became own group and hates both Talon and Overwatch. What can make Reaper to do that? Talon’s order to kill Reaper’s family. We know he has family thanks to Bastet.

He’s more than just some mercenary, he’s a member of the Talon leadership.

2 Likes

I strongly disagree with you and i think both Sombra and Reaper’s role in the story is potentially the most multidimensional and engaging aspect of the franchise.

2 Likes

He carries out the main work (although he fails…), is member of the Talon high council, and wanted to kill Sombra because he knows that she was responsible for the failure in Infiltration, but he said Talon needs her. So he seemingly cares about Talon.

Doesn’t matter what she pretends. The higher ups know it anyway. The lower ups pbbly only think about surviving till the next day.

well yeah, she was brainwashed but she still has a little of her memories it seems.

One could assume that Reaper never killed the Overwatch agents which disappeared but instead told them to keep a low profile. Maybe he only pretended to kill Winston. Maybe he wanted to the location of all Overwatch agents in order to gather them up and strike against Talon or what is to come in OW2. Maybe he planned to kill the other Talon grunts on this mission and pretend the mission failed. Maybe he feared Sombra finds out.

Ooor… He is just some cartoony villain who is not allowed to kill named characters because the good side has to win in a game for children. Idk… I personally think he is evil and sux at his job. Luckily. I don’t like him.

1 Like