Some Mythics Will Be Separate From Premium BP

still only going to spend $10 on premium battlepass, apart from that, I won’t spend a single dime no matter how good anything else looks.

“or you can save them for new Mythic cosmetics that may appear in the shop in the future.”

I interpreted this as new parts for old skins, since some are lacking like Hanzo and Orisa, or just to spice up the really old ones. Multiple Mythics a season + not enough currency to unlock them for all of it just sounds like asking for outrage.

I do wish they gave us a little extra to work on older ones though, but I get that they don’t want people who play every season to just buy the mythic on Hour 1 of a season after a few seasons of this. I’m only missing Orisa’s and I wouldn’t use it even if I had it, but I’d like to have it just for the collection. But then I’ll always be half a skin behind.

Maybe temporary currency or vouchers for the shop for older skins/parts, earned from Events or Season challenges? While Current Season skin is Prism only.

Thought it was 20$, woops.
But still.

They oficially said (dont remember where(s)) that the shop wont have the last 2 current mythic season skins, for example: when S10 launches in some hours, you could get mythics from S1 to S7, but the S8 and S9 mythics, (Orisa and Moira) won’t be available during S10 in the mythic shop.

From what I understand, when S11 arrives, you would be able to get mythics till S8; in S12, till S9, etc.

Maybe it was bad wording.

Also, this is incorrect. If you got every single premium BP so far and got the mythics, theres no need to pay extra besides the usual BP, like always, thats the “benefit” of playing since the start of OW2 and bought the BP.

1 Like

Found this in the Patch Notes for S10

have you completed every battle pass this (i almost said “expac”) LOL
I didn’t complete whatever season had mythic hanzo.
someone help me out here? that’s the only reason I might participate. but yes, i read it the same way as Lilrodes—if you have unlocked all the others, then tehre isn’t any reason to get butt hurt about this as you’re fine . A system to let people get them if they missed them is always welcome IMO and once again, doesn’t make them greedy.

1 Like

Again, you guys are not understanding what I’m saying.

The reason you’d need to pay extra alongside the premium bp is because they are going to add mythics to the store that are separate from the bp. You only get 80 prisms in one season, enough to buy one mythic. If there is another mythic in the shop, and it also requires 80 prisms… you’d need to pay 10 more dollars to also get that mythic if you wanted both, because the 10 dollar premium bp only gives you enough for one.

I’m not explaining this again, I don’t understand why it’s so hard to get and I’m honestly getting frustrated.

Sweet naive doggo, there is no way enough prisms to fully unlock a mythic will cost the same as a BP.

There was a leak that suggested that it will cost $10 for 10 prisms and that fully getting a mythic will cost 80 prisms. With you needing at least 50 to unlock the first ‘level’ of the mythic then a further 10 for each ‘level’ after. Which means 1 variation of 1 mythic will cost $50 minimum if you buy them straight up.

They want more freedom of choice but not too much.

People will find a way to defend that for some reason.

The: “or you can save them for new Mythic cosmetics that may appear in the shop in the future.”

I’m like 90% sure it refers to mythics skins from the last past 2 current seasons, like I said, For example in S10 the Orisa and Moira mythics will be blocked, but in S11, the Orisa mythic will be available, in S12, the Moira mythic will be available… you got the idea.

OW2 team creating a mythic APART from the one you usually get from the BP, trust me, will create really bad complaints, and they know it better than us do.

2 Likes

He is speculating that new myhtic skins that have never been on a battlepass will be introduced.

I’m assuming it means what they said in the original announcement. That Mythics won’t be available in the shop immediately after their season is over, but rather a few seasons after they will get added to the shop

You already could be doing that if you were buying other Legendary skins from the shop. The thing I am confused about is that you see the idea that they could release 2 legendary skins in a single season, and you pick the free one, as a bad thing. Giving the player more options, and taking nothing away, is not something I can call a bad thing.

1 Like

Now that Mythics aren’t BP tiers I can definitely see them thinking about ramping up Mythic production and releasing multiple per season.
A longstanding complaint was the amount of time it’d take to get every (OW1+Soj/Queen/Kiri) hero Mythic’d and with 1 Mythic per season, 1 hero every 2 or 3 the time never really got cut down.

They could also be referencing that the Mythic shop only contains Mythics 3+ seasons old and the current season’s flagship Mythic, so if the one you want is last season’s it may not be there and you’d need to wait.

You’re making a lot of assumptions based on a single word in a press release.

As far as anyone knows, mythic skins will only appear on the Battle Pass, and the Mythic Shop will allow you to buy mythic skins from earlier battle passes using mythic prisms. 80 of which you’ll earn through the Battle Pass for free (so no premium purchase required) and that will allow you to unlock one skin completely, with all options available, assuming you want the entire skin unlocked and now just parts of it.

We do not know if Blizzard is planning to make additional mythic skins that are only available in the store. They’ve not said anything about that. Now maybe they do. Maybe they make a few mythic skins and put them in the store. You’ll still be able to unlock it for free just by playing the game. No purchase required.

1 Like

New mythic skins arent going to be in the battlepass, just in the shop.

They stated ages ago there would be a delay on mythics hitting the mythic shop after a season ends. It makes the most sense.

Is there anything that fundaments your claim, our are you thinking this, because you think that the word “may” (that is used to make it sound better) indicates something?

They have stated that every new season we get a mythic skin and now it appears in the mythic shop and we get the currency for that in the BP. People who dont like the current one have now a way to get the old ones.

What if they release more than one skin per season, thus requiring payment for the extra ones?