Sombra's Detrimental Bugs 2: Electric Boogaloo

Nice work, this show exactly how buggy hack is. They happen every play session, it is horrible to deal with

1 Like

Even then…what’s to say the OWL shouldn’t change? A lot of the game’s unfun-ness lately comes from the catering to and the people trying to emulate the OWL. Which yes, yes, opinion is not fact, I know that. But damn if I don’t feel that way. People seem to go crazy if you don’t pick something meta-approved more often than they ever did. Sombra being a HUGE one.

This was a great read man, finally someone went in and gave us some proof of the baby girl sombra’s bugs (the shield bugs are ridiculous btw…) Thanks for looking into all this!

So… Blizzard homies, Sombra buffs when? twiddles thumbs

2 Likes

Thank you so much to OP and the guys who compiled this list.
Now, I’m not asking for an instant bugfix, but the least Blizzard could do is acknowledge the issues.
Seriously, it takes 20s to post “Thanks for the feedback, we’re aware of these bugs, we’re working on them, no ETA yet”.
Anything is better than just plain silence.

4 Likes

Lemme point to you two threads that show two different heroes. The first being Doomfist’s bug thread on the original forums, the second being my own Sombra bug thread.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759526643#post-1
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759526643?page=4#post-66
Here you can see that on the same day, Bill Warnecke commented on the thread that they quality management team WILL be digging for these bugs. Very active and it shows with the immediate response. Quick, simple and easy.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759587944#post-1
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759587944?page=3#post-55
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759587944?page=5#post-82
Then there is the Sombra thread where instead of within the day is taken 5 days to respond of having to LOOK INTO THEM. Very passive and different from the immediate response that the Doomfist thread received. Afterwards, we got another response that instead of wanting to fix all that was listed, just read through the patch notes of when they WERE fixed with them LOOKING into the rest. Not very immediate or active response in comparison to the Doomfist thread.

Now you may think of me being entitled when I say this, but we deserve better. We’ve waited all the way in December of last year to get a follow answer (or at least a better acknowledgement) to the list that I gave them, and we still have nothing. That’s 6 months of Sombra not being fixed nor mentioned in the slightest, and what do we have? A 2 second cooldown hack interruption that has caused more bugs to her playstyle ON TOP of the already existing bugs.

Sombra may’ve gotten acknowledgement in the old post, but comparing to the Doomfist thread, acknowledgement DOES NOT equal a final fix.

2 Likes

Furthermore, those acknowledgments are from before the rework and the appearance of LoS bugs, which are IMHO the most impactful bugs right now : the others are annoying sure, but not getting the hack during a heated fight can cost you the match.

They have yet to acknowledge the LoS bugs AFAIK.

1 Like

You’re right in the fact that the Hack issues need the bigger priority, but it doesn’t mean that we should ignore the fact that Sombra is still the most buggy hero in the game since Doomfist’s bugs are still being fixed and improved upon.

Whether it is the bigger issue or not, Sombra has issues being utilised to her fullest, let us fix everything.

Bumping for visibility.

Blizzard, the evidence is EVERYWHERE.

FIX. SOMBRA. ALREADY.

3 Likes

To be clear, my point is not “why isn’t it fixed already”, because I understand that they don’t have unlimited resources. It’s rather that we don’t even know if they plan to fix the LOS bugs, because they stay silent on it so we are in the dark.

2 Likes

Shameless link to my 6th bug report on the issue A list of Sombra's Many, Many Bugs (6), Now with more LOS Bugs!

Definitely a good helping hand to the cause, I’ll go through all of them and add the clear cut examples of the bugs (the more clear and irrefutable it is, the less likely this would be put aside as “being looked at”).

1 Like

OH cool someone looked at it XD. The most irrifutable one is the EMP bug and the Translocator bug.

I stopped playing her. Too many los issues for Hack which is THE reason to choose Sombra. Her translocator bugs were always too much, but now they’ve completely destroyed her.

1 Like

You would think, but we’ve had this eveidence for awhile now.

1 Like

For six months this information was known to everyone, did the devs just filter out “Sombra” and “bugs” whenever they get on the forums?

2 Likes

Every single of these things happened to me and I thought that’s how she works but this happens all the time especially hack target switching after lock and a long hack instead of a 1sec. Not destroying Orisa/Reinhart shield when the shield is half inside a wall that happens a lot.

2 Likes

I swear I’ve had every one of these happen to me playing Sombra. Sombra is not fine, this needs to be addressed.

2 Likes

This stuff is really obvious in the PvE events where you’re hacking a ton of people

1 Like

It really is. I noticed a number of bugs in Sombra’s kit on the Retribution (All Heroes) mode yesterday (Sombra absolutely slays in Retribution, being able to shut down Assassins, lock down Snipers and stopping Heavies mid-charge).

Still got top kills, though, but it helps that Talon is legendarily rock-stupid and equipped all their soldiers with helmets that have obvious, red “(expletive deleted)-me here” spots.

2 Likes

Not only Sombra should be addressed, but all of her bugs should’ve been addressed 6 months ago.

There’s no way that they didn’t know about this, since Jeff commented on my 6 month old thread. What have they done to fix Sombra’s bugs in those 6 months?

1 Like