Sombra's Delay is Whats Killing Her. 😍

Even so, hacking a Lucio before was near to useless, now it’s more impactful

But how he’s basically useless. Hacking was supposed to make the target easier to kill, not make their jobs harder as well.

I hate the word Carry but anyways, all heroes are carry heroes if you truly think about it, so that statement is quite bland.

Completely agree, going toe to toe with a Tracer of equal skill is when I took notice at how limited she is.

1 Like

As a Mercy main we can have virtual coffee and I’ll listen to your concerns. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great, so give every other flanker in the game delays too so i have “time to react”

5 Likes

Agreed as 0.7 seconds for both de-cloak and cloaking is a bit ridiculous.

1 Like

The devs also said that canceling wraith form is OP thus that is why they didn’t implant it in the game before hand, but look at where we are now

4 Likes

Lucio has primary fire plus Soundwave to displace Sombra. And I was talking about Ana/Zen in 1 v 1 situations, not about her ability to still heal others after a hack.

1 Like

I like the idea, but I just feel like it’s there fore counterplay.

What I do want is a QoL to it, and when you are in stealth mode, so is the translocator.

Oh my gosh, please, not that!

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Sounds like you’re more into the identity of being a Sombra main that actually enjoying the hero.

You’re bordering on narcissism here. Stop trying to be the spokesperson for a character, and maybe you’ll see them more objectively.

Now, to argue your actual point:
“Sombra’s Delays are what’s killing her.”

Stealth DELAY 2x

Imagine stealth without delay? No counter-play.

A delay on something that can completely shut heroes down? Sounds fair to me.

Same as above, except more-so.

Network errors where you die despite translocating are a bug, but if you’re talking about the nature of ‘throwing’ it, then I will end my post with what I said earlier:

Sounds like you’re more into the identity of being a Sombra main that actually enjoying the hero.

1 Like

I really need it at this point.

1 Like

I concur! Sombra is incredibly fun but bogged down by an inflexible stack of timers dictating her effectiveness. Here’s part of a past post pasted:

I think the stack of cooldowns is responsible, at least in large part, for her low win-rate. Two seconds isn’t much time but it’s two seconds on top of eight seconds on top of how long the run time between target areas is on top of six seconds on top of four seconds

If anything goes wrong, translocate back and the whole cycle is restarted with all that time wasted. Simpler characters can disengage and reattack in much less time.

Adding to my previously pasted past post, there’s a whole lot of setup time required that can’t be done during the “setup” period; Hacking a healthpack is of no use if the foe on attack takes a different route, and the 8-second delay means the enemy is at the door so now Sombra has to weigh a mid-combat hack on the more relevant healthpack or a bug-riddled attempt at disabling the nearby foe. Choose wisely, because all Sombra’s abilities have too long a cooldown to use more than once in most battles and will fail if even 0.1 damage is taken.

Plus, hack doesn’t do a bit of damage. The actual fight still comes down to closing distance with a squishy 200hp and maintaining a good aim track for the whole magazine to actually get the kill. No wonder Tracer is the dominant flanker.

2 Likes

Trust me, I enjoy the hero tons, I just hit my end point of enjoyment as of right now.

I am not trying to represent the character, but what I am trying to do is voice out my honest opinion as I can truly see her true potential as a hero.

A lot of Sombra Mains have already gave up on her, and I was the only few that still had hope, but each day my hope is slowly fading away as we still haven’t got any information on her state of being.

Audio Cue? VoiceLine when coming out of stealth?

Anyways, all I am asking is for a reduce in delay honestly.

Yes, it’s total fair to have an ability be completely neglected by taking one damage, not to mention that it nows goes on a cool-down for 2 seconds.

Totally fair I suppose.

Network Errors? yeah
 no.

I will do the same.

I am not trying to represent the character, but what I am trying to do is voice out my honest opinion as I can truly see her true potential as a hero.

3 Likes

Exactly
 not only do you have to manage your cooldown properly (which is good)

But you have a time framed to get everything you need to get done. At times, it can be fun and challenging, but also it can be really frustrating.

I completely understand.

1 Like

I believe Jeff mentioned this in the past
something to due with online latency making any lowering of the delay equalling what appears to be instant due to the nature of online games.

Depends who you ask. A Rein or Lucio would say yes, but I suppose the rock-paper-scissors aspect of OW makes that to be expected.

I wouldn’t be against them trying a 1-second delay, but being hacked sucks hardcore, and allowing her to spam it is definitely not a great mechanic.

Bug? Yeah
yes. Get my point, please; if you did, then maybe actually argue it.

Ok, but this quote is separate from the argument I made with my closing quote
for whatever that’s worth.

You don’t need to be a ‘main’ to play a character.

I hope you get an answer, but I still think you’re stretching your reasoning too thin with this post. Delays are apart of her kit, and I don’t think she’s as bad as the current situation makes it seem.

This patch is really inflexible all around.

Edit: I turned on Fitzyhere’s stream after posting this, and am seeing some BS with Hack not working.

At the very least, they need to fix it so it doesn’t randomly stop.

1 Like

To this day I don’t understand why you can’t leave stealth by starting a hack on a target. Tou have to rightclick first, which does nothing except remove stealth, and then right click again to start the hack.

Why?

3 Likes

There is a lot of thing Jeff said that won’t be added in the game etc, look where we are at now.

Example: Reaper being able to cancel Wraith Form.

Being stunned and losing 100% control is sucks, or being killed sucks hardcore

Of course not.

Delay is about part of her kit yes, but again when the delay does more bad than good, that is where many have a problem with her.

3 Likes

I don’t even know honestly.

It’s not about promises; it’s about the facts of online gaming.

Losing any respect I had for you, but I’m sure you don’t care.

Anyways, that’s a strawman and doesn’t actually argue my point. I also agree that being stunned from 100-0% sucks.