Sombra's Delay is Whats Killing Her. šŸ˜

If weā€™re using the unfun argument, genii should be nerfed, because I find him 3x more annoying to play against than sombra.

2 Likes

Itā€™s quite sad, I kind of feel bad for the little fellow. With a mentally like that, itā€™s not going get you too far in life.

Letā€™s not scoop down to this individual level, itā€™s not worth it. Just be positive and kill them with kindness :wink: and a little smart remarks/ taunting could help as well.

2 Likes

Oh man I love this argument.

The only way you can be hacked + emp + hacked is if you are completely ignoring Sombra which is a bad play, not Sombra being oppressive. What youā€™re basically saying is you couldnā€™t hit Sombra at all during the time you were emped to shut down her next hack and Sombra isnā€™t going to waste 2 hacks and an emp on a solo kill, so youā€™ve probably got teammates with you. This is your fault and the fault of your team.

Many characters are pointless for Sombra to hack because their primaries have higher damage than hers. Off the top of my head: McCree, Soldier, Reaper, Hanzo, Torbjorn, Junkrat, Zen, Moira (her self heal on the live version can cancel out most of Sombraā€™s damage) so if youā€™re struggling to deal with her so much that you think ahe should remain in her dumpstered state, consider picking up one of those heroes instead?

Oh and just to clarify, yes Iā€™ve been hit by her hack combo. Do you have any idea how much more devastating it is against another Sombra?

3 Likes

Genji has half the roster as his counter + he is useless and weak af this meta so what? i see an annoying Genji i pick a Winston or any of his counters and he canā€™t do crap but what can i do against sombra? the only counters to her are one shot heroes.

Oh heck thatā€™s amazing.
Its almost as if you havenā€™t acknowledged the fact that 1 damage can cancel out half of her kit.

Any character with aoe can counter Sombra, any character with high burst can counter Sombra, any character with info based abilities can counter Sombra.

Weā€™ve heard this all before and proven it wrong all before. Try again once you can actually prove your point.

Edit: Sorry for the condescending tone, having a bit of a rough day and just getting tired of hearing the same excuses all the time for leaving Sombra in F-tier.

4 Likes

0.1 damage is Sombraā€™s counter. :joy:

Sombra has never been meta though. CORRECTION: Sombra has only been meta for 0.2333333 seconds.

Play Sombra and watch someone play Sombra and youā€™d probably know when and where sheā€™d come from and how to counter her.

4 Likes

I will try to explain Blizzardā€™s mentality behind these. The reason why stealth and translocator are so slow is because Sombra is already the most difficult hero to kill in the game. Sure, she canā€™t kill you easily, but you canā€™t kill her either, since the translocator almost guarantees escape most of the time, unless you get CCā€™d or hit by very high burst damage. I believe they donā€™t want her to be too flexible and slippery at the same time, with multiple escape options. Also, the translocator slow speed is possibly also so that people have enough time to react and spread out to an incoming EMP.

Iā€™m not saying I necessarily agree with any of this, Iā€™m just trying to give an explanation as to what Blizzards is thinking.

2 Likes

Hacking Soldier is the only way to win a 1v1 against him, and it actually gives Sombra the advantage, since her weapon is better than his at less than 15 meters because of its spread pattern and she has a smaller hitbox.

Hacking Reaper at max hack range almost guarantees youā€™ll win the 1v1 (unless you suck), and will also probably get him killed if heā€™s too close to your team without his team pocketing him.

Hacking Junkrat will guarantee that youā€™ll win the 1v1 if itā€™s in an open area.

Hacking Zen when your team is about to grav, blade, death blossom etc. is one of the best plays you can make as Sombra.

Hacking Moira mid/late fight makes it much easier for you and your team to kill her, and is the only realistic way to win a 1v1 against her.

2 Likes

I know its still situational, but those characters arenā€™t as important to hack just so you can win a 1 v 1 (excluding Zen of course) and even then they still have enough damage that they can simply outplay you.
I was just offering some suggestions since they didnā€™t want to acknowledge how weak Sombra actually is when hack doesnā€™t affect a heroā€™s main source of damage.

1 Like

The unfortunate side effect of their mentality is the mess of a kit filled with artificial restrictions we have now.

Iā€™m starting to think Sombra needs an overhaul. I donā€™t mean a rework like removing or adding abilities but number changes and mechanic changes to change how things work but what they do is still the same.

Similar to D.Vaā€™s DM going from a cool down system to a resource system.

1 Like

Dude we are talking about sombra in general and not how she is right now she does have counters now which is taking damage but what about before? she didnt have those buffs/nerfs before but her emps could easily win fights and be much faster than today iā€™m really going to start ignoring now because i donā€™t want to discuss over something that wonā€™t change anything in my life so have a good time trying to prove your point to non sombra mains.

So we shouldnā€™t help Sombra because she didnā€™t have many counters before (despite being borderline useless)? I mean, we should never buff Ana or Rein then since they were overpowered to some extent beforeā€¦

1 Like

Why do you have the heart eyes emoji in the title even though what the title says would make me think the opposite? Anyways for your post I totally agree w/ you

1 Like

Itā€™s sorta a love/hate relationship with Sombra and the way sheā€™s being handled right now. Mad about everything, but still love her.
I donā€™t know, thatā€™s how I saw it.

3 Likes

I really donā€™t see why there has to be a slight delay when casting thermoptic camo, and why thereā€™s such a delay when coming out of it. Iā€™m pretty sure making the transition in and out of in invis more fluid would not overpower her at all

1 Like

Yeah I think all the delays is what keeps me from picking her up as one of my regular heroes. I LOVE her and her kit, but she is her own worst enemy when I play her. at least give no delay for coming out of invis, and let her start firing right away. The delay they added for an interrupted hack is actually infuriating for me.

Her kit has the potential to be buttery smooth and fast - parts of it are, but i agree all of these delays she has really breaks up that flow.

1 Like

Because you have to stay positive, but I did question this too.

1 Like

Exactly this!!!

1 Like

All I am asking for is a decrease in cast time :sweat_smile: