Sombra's Delay is Whats Killing Her. 😍

#Tracer, #Widowmaker, #Sombra

Tracer and Widowmaker have high skill ceilings, sure but Doomfist has a higher skill floor than both of those heroes. Skill ceiling is how much impact you can get out of them if you’re at their peak, skill floor is the minimum skill requirement to be able to use the character effectively.

Tracer and Widow have fairly average skill floors compared to the rest of the roster but there’s no doubt their skill ceiling is well above most of the roster.
Sombra however, has a high skill floor arguably up there with Doomfist with less reward than Tracer or Widow.

2 Likes

The buffs given to her in the past really didn’t make her Oppressive as many like to think, and plus she got nerfed. Now look at her. Anyways this statement can be said and applied to any and every hero. Look at Hanzo and now look at Symmetra.Yes, people are complaining about her as of right now.

Of course, however, even when she get her bugs fixed that is part of the problem that is being fixed as the other part of her problem still exist. She feels so slow and un-fluent as her delay is what’s making her feel that way. She is supposed to be this agile, and stealthy her, yet she feels like the complete opposite.

It does, and the 0.7 delay does not help either.

So I tried her out in qp again… And from what i’ve noticed from the past 2 hours is

1. You literally notice 1-2 bugs, not just in an hour, every game
  2. She feels so slow.
    They give her 6 mph walk speed, the cd for interruption (it is a powerful ability, but that is overboard, I doubt they’ll rework it, but it is still playable), should be removed, and fix her bugs. I was surprised that about once every game you would hack someone and it didn’t go through.
1 Like

The bugs are as random as Sombra’s smart remarks :wink:

In all seriousness though she does feel extremely clunky and slow. Here is some of her bugs.

These are just some, let me go ahead and link you the link to the thread that has some more list of bugs that Sombra has.

Her is the link to her some of her potential bugs.

Yeah I think I looked at that. I think the hack ones are the worst though because it completely negates your effectiveness. She needs these bugs fixed and some of those speedy quality of life changes you were talking about.

2 Likes

Yes, I want to see her state once she get her bugs fixed.

EDIT: Then we can determined if she needs anything else, which I believe we do.

I’m pretty sure the speed boost would help a lot, along with the stealth stuff and bla bla.

1 Like

Agreed. I just want to slowly buff her, that way we can avoid any negative feedback towards a hero who deserve the buffs.

The problem is that Sombra is so rarely played that it takes the developer team a lifetime to fix her, but i’m sure they’ll eventually fix her…

Right?

RIGHT?

1 Like

It took 2 weeks to “fix” her last time. They’re on the ball.

1 Like

I just think they honestly are neglecting her for a reason, but it doesn’t ignore the fact that her delay is what is holding her back.

This.

Because with Brigitte the entire forum exploded in a consuming fire of rage to nerf her, and there is only a few mega threads with sombra.

1 Like

Exactly, That is why I am trying my best to help represent and be the goal voice of Sombra.

They still need to strike a balance of community and their own judgement because the entire genji main population, and owl, who have no experience with Sombra, kicked and screamed saying, “hacks to fast!” So there went the Developer team, rushing to tend their needs. Sombra, who at the time was close to perfected balance, was struck down because of angry support/genji mains, and Overwatch’s baby, OWL. Now they need to fix her bugs, hopefully take away the hack cd, and give her a speed boost, because then, she’ll be a new kind of flanker, who’s cc substitutes for her rather lacking damage. I wonder if they aren’t doing this either because they think other things are more important, or they don’t want to buff a flanker who counters Brigitte and supports.

1 Like

I suppose, her statistic proves otherwise that she needs a buff.

1 Like

As if you needed another reason… I have learned that it is better for heroes to come out op than weak because it takes to long to fix. But with Sombra, when they did “fix” her, she still wasn’t done, and the 2 hack cd, the clunkyness, and her bugs make her feel like a drag. Blizzard needs to do something and I hope they do something by the time I come out of a month long trip.

1 Like

Exactly.