Sombra's Delay is Whats Killing Her. 😍

They just need better teamwork.

1 Like

They just need to know how to play with and against her. They completely avoided her from the start because she was weak.
When she got bumped up for a bit you could tell the pros that had played her because of the huge difference in skill level between them and the ones who were just playing her for her utility.

1 Like

That is literally what teamwork is.

But that is not the problem. I was being sarcastic, because all these excuses are memeable at this point. They’ve existed for 18 months, and while she’s been tweaked, it always came at a cost and she’s always been bad as a consequence.

Even those pros were quick to drop her in spite of their ‘successes’ because successes came more easily, reliably and often on other heroes.

1 Like

SOMVRA Hey!!

I remember people complained about her Hack being too instant, so it got nerfed a little.

I do agree that her Stealth has a delay in between invisibility and becoming visible, which makes her an easy target sometimes.

Maybe they can reduce the delay time by little and reduce the sound effect of her voice line when she becomes visible. This will give her better stealth opportunities.

2 Likes

The thing that I realized when I watched OWL is when someone play Sombra, they try to play her as if she is a Tracer or Genji and that by itself is why I take whatever they say about Sombra being oppressive with a grain of salt.

Sombra is a tactical, but yet stealthy type of player who instead having the raw burst damage, she uses her utility to manipulate and level the battle field of the victim she hacked.

With Sombra, not only do you have to think approximately 5 steps ahead, but you also have to get inside not only your enemies head, but also your teammates heads

(know what they are thinking, what they are going do next etc.) This is a skill of itself that Sombra Mains have to master.

The fact that the pros complained about not wanting to play against Sombra to the point that they thought she will be overpowered and be played in all scenario is quite funny.

Now look at her, she is not being played at all.

I just thought this was funny, but of course Sombra suffer for the lack of understandment of the hero true potential.

Hey KRIZALID what’s up my friend?

People complained about her no matter what, which is sad honestly.

Let’s hope so however, she received yet another indirect nerf because of this
 meaning that she can now be heard when decloaking, cloaking etc. Which is basically a revert to the buff that she received many months ago that reduced her audio and voice cue when de-cloaking/ cloaking etc.

Poor Sombra.

1 Like

Can you even consider for a second that when beeing hacked and hit by emp you’re out of the fight for 12 seconds? 12 FREAKING SECONDS? as LĂșcio you take 15-20 seconds to respawn and get back to the fight depending on the map. Did you ever got hacked, emped and soon hacked again? no? then you don’t know how stupid that is.

1 Like

I honestly rather be hacked than being killed.

Just my opinion though.

1 Like

Sure bud because be hacked and watch your whole team die without beeing able to help them and then die getting a stagger of like 20 seconds its fun.

But you still can help assist your team though

1 Like

Wow. You really would rather be killed by one of the many one shot mechanics in game that can kill faster than Hack is cast, than just be Hacked leaving you with your gun and capability to fight, or run and hide while it wears off

2 Likes

I have been on the receiving end of that and it sucked, but I think it’s fine because hack is all Sombra has.
If Sombra can’t be a good disabler, then she will need to get some combination of high DPS, one shot kills, burst damage, and a ultimate that has the potential to solo kill the enemy team like the other offensive heroes.

4 Likes

It is beyond me that people rather be killed in those 0.65 seconds than being hacked.

4 Likes

I think people just like being absolved of responsibility. I’m guessing these are the same people who shrug and say “Well I’m Genji, countering Pharah’s not my job.”

“I was dead” is kind of an easier pass on failure than “I was Hacked”.

5 Likes

If we’re using the unfun argument, genii should be nerfed, because I find him 3x more annoying to play against than sombra.

2 Likes

It’s quite sad, I kind of feel bad for the little fellow. With a mentally like that, it’s not going get you too far in life.

Let’s not scoop down to this individual level, it’s not worth it. Just be positive and kill them with kindness :wink: and a little smart remarks/ taunting could help as well.

2 Likes

Oh man I love this argument.

The only way you can be hacked + emp + hacked is if you are completely ignoring Sombra which is a bad play, not Sombra being oppressive. What you’re basically saying is you couldn’t hit Sombra at all during the time you were emped to shut down her next hack and Sombra isn’t going to waste 2 hacks and an emp on a solo kill, so you’ve probably got teammates with you. This is your fault and the fault of your team.

Many characters are pointless for Sombra to hack because their primaries have higher damage than hers. Off the top of my head: McCree, Soldier, Reaper, Hanzo, Torbjorn, Junkrat, Zen, Moira (her self heal on the live version can cancel out most of Sombra’s damage) so if you’re struggling to deal with her so much that you think ahe should remain in her dumpstered state, consider picking up one of those heroes instead?

Oh and just to clarify, yes I’ve been hit by her hack combo. Do you have any idea how much more devastating it is against another Sombra?

3 Likes

Genji has half the roster as his counter + he is useless and weak af this meta so what? i see an annoying Genji i pick a Winston or any of his counters and he can’t do crap but what can i do against sombra? the only counters to her are one shot heroes.

Oh heck that’s amazing.
Its almost as if you haven’t acknowledged the fact that 1 damage can cancel out half of her kit.

Any character with aoe can counter Sombra, any character with high burst can counter Sombra, any character with info based abilities can counter Sombra.

We’ve heard this all before and proven it wrong all before. Try again once you can actually prove your point.

Edit: Sorry for the condescending tone, having a bit of a rough day and just getting tired of hearing the same excuses all the time for leaving Sombra in F-tier.

4 Likes