Sombra's (Balance) problem

Note: I hope this doesn’t come off as hostile, just points for debate. An important aspect to consider and something I believe was outright stated was that all those timers were too big a barrier to entry to playing her. I don’t know if I agree with it, but being able to get rid of those was probably in the plus column.

Also, remember, they straight up broke sombra’s hack instead of reverting the time back to .8 seconds. They’ve shown an always look forward attitude on this.
I’d rather see qol buffs on her current iteration, especially hack indicators not sucking so much. I don’t think she’s as far off. Base movement would be nice, as stealth would still move a little slower than it used to but be infinite. But that’s kind of the biggest buff I could imagine asking for. The rest are just qol things

1 Like

Blizzard! Hire this Man!

1 Like

A visual indicator to show which enemies are hacked, just like how Discord works?

What kind of mad science are you talking about?! We are DECADES away from such technology!

1 Like

Happy we can agree and thanks!:purple_heart:
I thought about ±15 dmg before it breaks so about the same as you.

It won’t, don’t worry everybody can have there own opinion!
I have 2 problems with infinite Stealth on which I base my opinion (and that all it is an opinion)

1. It makes her even harder to balance for ladder because of the power of Infinite stealth is too big in Pro level we can’t really fit buffs there right now because of that.

2. It creates a trap playstyle in which new Sombra’s like to fall I see it all too often. Sombra’s that just stay invis waiting for someone to became Low kill him and use TL to get out. The problem is that it’s mostly not very effective and makes the game 5v6 for longer periods of time

I reaped your free to think otherwise these are only predictions and opinions there are no facts to support this whatsoever.

One of my solution’s also was to add more information on the Hero infoscreen regarding how hack works this would help new Sombra players too. Micromanagement was something atleast I just learned by playing her.

I’m probably the wrong one to hire I’m only a random draftsman :stuck_out_tongue: that likes this game but thanks for the compliment :purple_heart:

Maybe Sombra can do it for her self :stuck_out_tongue:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/193/166/eba.png

Agreed, I will try my best to keep this thread alive.

1 Like

Btw I updated my bug list again it was quite a while since I did that xD There is a (for me at least) new bug that happend to me twice now its super annoying even more annoying as double hack time

Its the newest on the list bug 29 I think -w-

1 Like

how about instead of red silhouette the hacked enemy has a purple one instead.

1 Like

Revert her Hack Passives?! Are you crazy? :joy: Sombra’s power was already taken out of her EMP farming and put into her Hack and Weapon a while ago. The only thing Sombra needs right now is Bug Fixes and QoL Buffs like Hack Visuals and stuff. :blush: She’s in a really good spot right now, it’s just some small things that she needs. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Like always great thread. But the pros are holding her hostage, which is why she isn’t allowed to be decent on ladder. If they make changes again, they pull another stunt where they give her one qol change
With 3 nerfs to compensate.

1 Like

I have to check it out.

1 Like

Well, it would help too but I could understand if Bliz is the Opinion that Enemies should be red. (I’m not I could only understand if people think so).

Well, my whole post is about taking power out of what makes her strong in Pro and put it there where it would make her more balanced over all (most) ranks without making her especially easier.

Well, what my point is it not okay that she is Strong in Pro tier but is still considered Trash anywhere lower than GM.

I couldn’t play 1.28 till now but it seems they broke her even more (from what I read and saw in the bug report forums) I will update my list to 1.28 as soon as I could record them.

(and Im finaly Level 3 and we got a new Sombra skin for me its a great day)

1 Like

NICE, now you have been granted with the power of level three.

1 Like

Considering that as Hammond you often spend the amount of time in the air that it takes for her to hack, it’s often really difficult to avoid getting hacked at all if she’s even remotely clever about it. I just wish it was actually reliable, I’m so sick of hack being interrupted because a leaf drifted by at the wrong moment.

1 Like

Wonderfully crafted thread. I only hope this one doesn’t get buried like all the other Sombra threads :frowning:

2 Likes

How did I miss this thread?

Thanks for constructing this! It’s very well written, clean, and organized. I can tell you put a lot of thought into this! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s not happening, just like Mercy isn’t. Everything else is the correct direction. Though I feel even if they don’t buff her damage (which is negligible because of armor) they should reduce her spread by 10-15%

You can shoot her, turn your shield towards her. This puts her hack on cooldown. Her hack has a counter, compared to some heroes and their stuns.

A very bad spot?

1 Like

I can post memes MUHAHAHAHA (and some more things but MEMES)

Well Sombra hard counters Hammond and if you pile drive and give her a free hack its your mistake or you got outplayed right?

Thanks:purple_heart: I will try to keep it alive as long as I can

Maybee there where to many Demon hunter Sombra skin threads

and THANKS :purple_heart:

Infinite Stealth made her really strong in Proplay but kept her Trash in ladder and as long she has it, it will be almost impossible to balance her around both with it but it would be if it would go back to the limited.

Any dmg buff would make the pro problem even bigger

Reading comprehension is not for the modern day I guess.

I was talking about hack being easily interrupted by random in game objects like a light post. Also, my point was that Sombra’s hacks are very fast, and Hammond has a lot of time where he’s hanging in mid air, giving her prime opportunity to hack him, but without the ability to stop her by dealing damage to her like when you’re playing other mid-air characters like Dva and Pharah. Both have the ability to shoot while in mid air, with Hammond you are just in ball form. This gives her a perfect opportunity to hack you from a pretty big distance and literally nothing you can do to stop it.

1 Like

Oh I’m sorry I misread there >,<.
I agree that random object is blocking Hack but mostly (for me) it’s either bugs or random trash dmg that interrupts me (I hack a lot while falling down after TL into the air so random objects are not something I have a lot of problems with) But yea that’s a problem but without adding the 0.1s buffer we had a while back (with made alot of people mad) I don’t think there is a solid way to fix that.

Well for Hammond yes he is an Easy target but he also gets hard countered by her as I said already you should not pile drive into an enemy team with a Sombra without expecting to get hacked you need to play her out first or have your team backing you up before doing Hammond stuff.

The rest of the Hero’s mostly (if played by a decent player) should not have all too many problems canceling hack in a normal situation.
The only time hack works against decent players is if they are really focused on something (Rein shielding his whole team f.e.) and you have a position where the rest of the enemy team can’t really help.

She has to be in decent range to hack and it takes time for the hack to complete, so I wouldn’t call it zero risk or unavoidable.

1 Like