Sombra's ARG in a book?

Ok, surely we want a lot more information on various heroes but I realized that there are very few corners of the internet that want to remember Sombra’s ARG. Or rather, no part that pays homage to him leaving a vivid memory of him except in the quotes. I know many new users who don’t have the slightest idea of the huge lore that thrilled (or frustrated) us in 2016 when Sombra arrived, and this in my opinion would be an interesting piece to remember and explore at least as much as Hero of Numbani did for the teasers of Orisa.

It would be fantastic to be able to retrace Sombra’s ARG, perhaps with a curious character of the Hacker trail until the fateful November 1st who tampered with Dorado’s power plant.

Game Detectives https://wiki.gamedetectives.net/index.php?title=Sombra_ARG has an article that follows the ARG start to finish.

Man, I miss those times.

It was really entertaining watching Ohnickel talk about the news of that ARG.

And after a while, watch the whole ARG being a mess…

exactly. I think many tend not to want to remember it due to the frustration that the wait has caused, yet it is part of Sombra’s lore in a particularly official way, contextualizing the internal atmosphere of LumériCo and its collaborators (gonzalo flores, maria Jimenes etc.)

what I propose is to give an important value to this piece of lore, exactly as the current books have literally contextualized the origins of Ashe and Orisa. we could see an interesting narrative genre as a thriller, starring a hacker. and why not, maybe Frankie, Ashe’s collaborator. it would create a fabulous mix of lore.

fixing that lore is frankly the best of cases not to forget because of the frustration but to give a chance to that narrative hype, whose only defect was a slowness so strong as to avoid reading it.

I already knew him, thanks. :hugs: but the problem is that it is an extremely technical and somewhat dispersive reading, which does not adequately reconnect what is happening in the lore. and for many technical cases, it is no longer even officially reproducible.

what I propose is the restructuring of this “story” of Sombra’s ARG on a narrative level. indeed, there is a lot of Sombra’s content that is closely related to this ARG (the key, the compliments as a bartender at Bastion, the skycode …) it’s a real sad not to translate it into a narrative reading.

I still keep a video recording of the old Sombra forum post…