Sombras 1 inconsistency error

Whats the definition of an ability in a game. A “CASTABLE” special move.

What is the definition of passive in a game. A “CONSTANT’” special buff/move.

Now lets pair Lucios Aura to the correct definiton. (ill give you a hint, its the CONSTANT one)

i always find it funny when sombra fan boys try to defend her and say that she needs buffs, she isnt broken (im sorry but being able to hack a tracer through recall, mei ice block, sombra translocate is broken)

Sombra right now, in her current state is incredibly OP.
Can you think of an out right counter to a sombra, besides another sombra?

This is due to the fact that Lucio’s healing is tied completely to his Crossfade and thus hacking it disables the ability to heal or speedboost.

Yes but wall ride requires a button press to achieve a wall ride while Inspire does not.

Inspire requires you to hit an ally with your flail, if you do not hit anyone, Inspire will not activate. It can be done via her abilities or her primary but not with Shield Bash even though it does damage. The way it works is that Brigitte must deal damage to a hero with her flail rather than requiring a button press in order to activate the passive.

According to Blizzard, passives that require a button press to activate the ability will be hacked while others that have more requirements or do not have a button press (as technically though Brigitte’s does require a button press, it is tied to doing damage with flail rather than pressing M1 to activate)

Same can be said with Reaper who’s passive allows him to heal. It does not require a button press but rather the act of doing damage.

im sorry link, youre kind late to the debate, weve gone over these concepts past the original post

Every single DPS that does not rely on abilities to deal damage.

Essentially everyone except Doomfist.

I saw, and your last comment tries to define Lucios healing as a passive which it is not. It is tied to his Music which is internally tied to crossfade. His passive is wallride, his healing/speedboost is not.

Thats an Active abilities.

Thats called a Passive ability

Well lets go with this one for you but then this still stays:

OHHH, believe me, I’m completely aware of her issues the Sombra ruing bugs are far worst then the ones that are exploitable:

Hacking through Recall etc its a Server Issue happing to alot of abilities (Hook, freeze etc)

She is strong in Pro level
In ladder, she is still trash (maybe she is also about meh in GM)

Which is a problem:

Any DPS besides Doom.

(Please stay calm Calling people “Sombra fanboy” in this way is meant insulting Being a “Fanboy” of something isnt something bad people like things some do it more then others and also don’t argure over whenever Sombra’s currend balance it isnt part of the Topic create a new Post or go to an existing with the Topic of Sombra’s Balance. Thanks)

you must have missed this comment

Tell me how a genji with out dash can out dps a sombra, or a tracer being 50 hp less then sombra without using blink to posistion properly, or a ungod like mccree can double dink her (Her head hitbox was recently reduced.), no one can kill her as she will just translocate out.

Its called doing Damage
Hack only makes the fight a pure gunfight
Sombra has lower DMG that both Tracer and Genji which faviors them in a pure 1v1.

Hack is usless against them (or anyone that doesn’t completly rely on there abilites like Lucio/Doom/Rein/Hammond)without propper followup of your team (when we thing the Sombra and the other DPS are the exect same skill level.

I think the main problem with lucio is if her hack didn’t affect his aura, it wouldn’t really affect anything at all. It would make hack completely useless against him, and I’m not saying it’s a bad thing. I agree she shuts him down a bit too hard and it might not be a problem if he is essentially immune to sombra hack. The other problem is Sombra can’t actually kill lucio. He is way too mobile to kill with her SMG so if her hack doesn’t work, she would be a completely useless pick against him. Whether that is a bad thing or not is debatable, but I guess the devs decided it was.

you forgot that one right there. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Aura isnt an active ability, inspire is an active ability as it wont proc unless she is doing damage.

Aura is a passive ability (even thought it doesnt have the label saying “PASSIVE ABILITY RIGHT HERE, THATS RIGHT PASSIVE ABILITY.”

the reason why hook is inconsistent is horrible LOS checking. same for mei, Sombra hack is actually buggy as hell.

youre confusing what blizzard calls a passive ability, and what a passive ability is.

Also even if she does have lower dps, she has a get out of jail free card with translocate. meaning that no matter what the match up is, she will always be safe. while the enemy she hacked is at a sever disadvantage. i literlly just played a game where all i would do is hack someone and translocate back, no damage at all, and we won. no comms, no coordination, nothing. and we still won.

This is the whole point of overwatch, to switch heroes to counter others and to gain an advantage.

but she will just translocate out, a decent sombra will never die in a game.

but we are not talking about the balance of sombra, just the fact that lucio aura (a passive ability, not in name but in principle) can be hacked, but brig inspire cannot.

I agree with that. As I said, I don’t think it’s a bad idea that she should be ineffective against lucio. I think the devs decided that she shouldn’t be completely innefective against a certain hero though. Like all heroes should at least have some counterplay, if her hack didn’t affect his heal then she would have no counterplay at all, meaning she could easily be made irrelevant.

That doesn’t help in stopping him or peeling the group in any way.

feel free to continue this conversation i have to go.

deuces

Please read the things first.

I clearly said that I would for now agree that its a passive for the sake of continuing this.

And what @MrTickles said here:

Is about Passives and about why it disables aura even as Passive

I know Hook and Hack have the same connecting bug but because Hack requires a 0.7 long LoS the bugs are worst and happen more on hack then on Hook I know sounds ridiculous but it is the truth I’m very active in the Bug part (searching) of Sombra So I know my stuff about the LoS bugs.

That a mere Opinion we have no official statement on it so I’m not confusing anything I just take the information we have and make to most logical statement on it (Which yes is my opinion but it doesn’t matter Hack disables Aura if Passive or not)

Yes but the Jail free card does not give you an actual advantage over others in a fight it only gives downtime to her (which is why I use it agressive which yes could give you a small advantage over Hacked enemies but that’s easily overshadowed by the dmg she is lacking against others.

She needs to be above the Skill level of the one she is fighting to win the fight even with hack

She is only effective if your team does use you! If they ignore Hacks you will be useless.

I did, and the comment is wrong looking at it.

The developers determine what is passive and what is not and they determine that Lucio’s healing is not passive and linked to an ability and thus hacked.

If it was passive, it would only allow Sombra to prevent him from changing the music (as she did before) rather than cancelling out the effect.

The developers consider the healing and speedboost as part of Crossfade.

Very easily as his numbers even without headshots are higher than sombra with headshots.

SHe still does more damage and everyone knows that Tracer is reliant on that ability and thus has the reduced HP.

If she gets hacked, Tracer should die even if she does more damage.

That’s kind of the point of Translocater and the tradeoff for having the lowest damage per second of any dps (the only exception being Mei who only uses her primary fire).

What you lack in damage you make up for in utility and one of those utilities is the ability to easily get out of bad engagements.

I laughed too hard at this typo. Thanks for the smile, dude.

And any ability reliant character should be.

Other than that, all she has done is create equal ground. As her only abilities are the hack and non damaging engagement/disengagement tools.

When you hack someone just to hack and not to cancel or prevent an ability, you set up equal ground to fight on, which you will likely lose since you have the lowest damage output of any DPS.

Just because Sombra didn’t die doesn’t mean she won, she left the fight.

Same as in a team fight, even if all members survived, you won the fight if they backed out as you now have control of the objective.

Ups I think I used grammarly without accualy checking it sorry xD

1 Like

im sorry but this statement infers that every character not hacked is stronger then Sombra in every way.

Every DPS character not reliant on abilities to survive or do damage, yes.

wallride, wallclimb, double jump, rocket thrusters, mercy’s glide whatever thing etc.