Sombra Stealth Buff Mark 1

I think I have an idea on how to improve Sombra and make her overall better. While I have heard talk about the bugs and LOS issue, I don’t fully understand so I can’t think of something to fix that.

The thing is, Sombra is a STEALTH hero. She should have the tools to sneak around, get behind the enemy, hack or eliminate an enemy and get out asap. Even in team fights she should be able to have enough mobility to slip through and surprise the enemy. So I made a rework for her stealth ability that should give her more mobility for staying on the point, to get around quicker and overall, perform her role better. Plus I think it could make it really fun for Sombra players to use and would be very enjoyable. Could shake things up.

Hope you guys like it.

Sombra stealth rework

-Activating ability puts her into detected mode.
• Detected mode has the same visuals
• Gives her the speed post she usually gets from before
• Activates instantly
• Can stay in detected mode indefinitely (similar to how soldier 76’s sprint ability works)
• Cannot be taken out of ability by damage.
• Can only exit out by pressing the ability button again
• Gives her more options for mobility, escaping, flanking and stalling on point
-Pressing the melee button while in detected mode activates undetected mode AKA stealth mode.
• Cloak time is 0.4 seconds
• Decloak time is 0.3 seconds
• Sound que is reduced to a 5-meter radius
• Timer is replaced with a resource gauge
• Lasts for 8 seconds when fully charged
• Takes 10 seconds to recharge
• Recharge delay is 1 second
• If detected, she will go back into detected mode allowing her to keep her speed boost
• Can no longer be detected by bumping into enemy players
• Can be detected by wall hacks, damage and crowd control
• If detected by any of the above, stealth mode will go on cooldown of 3 seconds before being able to use stealth mode again
• Can exit out of stealth mode by pressing the melee button again
• Can exit out of ability completely by pressing ability button which puts her back into stealth mode when ability button is pressed again rather than going into detected mode first

If you are having a hard time visualizing it, It kinda looks similar to her undetected highlight intro.

5 Likes

Please everyone, help support Djdoo123 :purple_heart:

~ Somvra :purple_heart: Boop

2 Likes

I saw this a while ago but it seems particularly complicated, any way you could summarize it a bit?

1 Like

Could you upload a gif of her undetected highlight intro?

1 Like

This is so overpowered though. She has Translocator to escape, Stealth is her way of entering backlines undetected. With this it becomes a damage enabler, engage, escape, everything.

2 Likes

damage enabler? This is just to give her more mobility which is something she could use right now

1 Like

Sure! Let me go right ahead and upload it for you!

1 Like

And why does she need that? She’s one of the more mobile heroes to begin with. She is an enabler and an opportunist, not an assassin like Reaper.

Yup reapers an assassin now guys!

1 Like

Kinda like soldier’s sprint ability with a tog-gable stealth on a resource meter that lasts longer. hope it clears it up.

1 Like

uhm so the suggestion is to give sombra a permanent speed boost while at the same time keeping stealth possible?

seems particularly strong considering she has translocator and she’s pretty slippery as she is now, I would much rather Somvra’s suggestion of increasing her Movement Speed slightly

1 Like

I posted it under on the first reply, that way the viewers can read the post and view the example of what you re talking about all at the same time.

The point of speed boost would be to help her get out of fights since using the current stealth gets canceled by the damage which takes the speed away along with the invisibility. The wiki even says that the ability could be used to solely for the speed boost.

1 Like

yeah but it can be use solely for the speed boost to sneak in, not out… I think one of Sombra’s main strengths is that she can plan her positioning and her pattern of engage, if it doesn’t work out she’s got a free out of jail card (translocator) but if she’s commits to a fight without translocator, she will have to face the consequences of not planning ahead

I do understand that sometimes you go in with translocator but again, this is such a powerful move that you have to confront the consequences of its use

Giving her the option to runaway for free seems to wash out the heavy decision making skills that every sombra should handle, imo

2 Likes

it only shows the link. no image like you first post on this thread.

1 Like

I corrected it, check out my first reply and it should be there.

Fair enough, but I still think that these buffs would help her win rate and pick rate more than touching the rest of the kit would. Plus it would raise the fun factor by alot.

2 Likes

I think this is way too powerful. Especially the overall duaration at 12 seconds. This would allow some insane stall tactics.

I think they should just increase the camo duration from 5 to 6 seconds, or make her move slightly faster, so she can have more time to prepare a flank.

2 Likes

works now thanks :slight_smile:

This is kinda how the ability would work with my buffs.

I understand what you are saying,

I would edit your post and add an TL;DR

And just summarizes the whole thread, which is …

stealth to be on a resource meter. This suggestion has been asked before on the old forums, and honestly this reminds me of her old passive.