Sombra started the season at 0.6% pick, she’s now at 0.6%

She just needs 10 more nerfs then she’ll be a successful rework.

3 Likes

She isnt hard to play against though. Im not being sarcastic either. Ya a good person on any hero is a nightmare. I hate playing against good DF because they have their combos locked down. But sombra is countered by making poor hack choices and get jumped. or pick someone like winston/moira/sym who can keep pressure on her and make it harder to g et a hack off.

1 Like

I mean, did anyone expect these changes to actually fix Sombra?

So long as the core issue of her kit exists, that hack consumes too much of her toolkits power budget and makes her a worse Tracer, she’s never going to get picked.

Right, but I don’t think the rework was meant to increase her power level but to decrease her skill cap and see if that would lead to an increase in play and win rates with the character. Power scaling on Sombra is really risky in their eyes, and I can’t disagree because finding safe ways of giving her more value isn’t easy.

im as frustrated as you my dude but we cant really do anything but suggest to them in here and hope they listen to what the community thinks.

i get that pro leagues know more than us but the game is more than just them and yeah they seem to cry a lot lel

A poster called Geoff Goodman did.

No, they were meant to make her stronger.

Ya I know we are all frustrated. I do understand why they dont do a lot of feedback because if they took someones idea about adding something to a hero then that would signal to some of the more vocal people that they can strong arm the devs into doing what they want. But they need to atleast give us feedback. I mean BLOPS4 dev team g ave feedback after the beta released and ya its is a cod game but that is a bit more than what we are getting right now.

1 Like

Making her “stronger overall” is different to actually making her good though.

To make a hero good would mean they have to be able to compete with heroes like Tracer, Genji, Widowmaker and now Hanzo, and these changes were always far too conservative to put her on the level of good DPS.

Until Blizzard stop pussyfooting around with Translocator and Stealth and actually work on the problematic aspects of Sombra’s toolkit, namely her SMG and Hack, she will never be good, even if they make her stronger.

1 Like

oh that’d be cool, id really appreciate more feedback. Bliz should do that

1 Like

He was a bit timid here. In his interview he was even way more optimistic.

"But I think when people play her they will realize she’s a lot more powerful, more useful, and more flexible.”

Oh jeeze, even after 18 months he’s still throwing around “people just don’t know how to play her yet” memes.

Well Geoff, if we’re all so dumb, maybe it’s time you showed us. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Yeah, hes oblivious as always

1 Like

A person’s language isn’t the same thing as a character’s power, one is abstract and the other is objective with the latter tending to be numerical in nature.

There’s nothing abstract about describing their intentions as to be making her “stronger overall”.

Sometimes plain English is just that.

Had a discussion the other day with a user who had the firm believe that they didnt want to make her stronger but just set her up for more buffs down the line.

Giving him all the quotes stating they intended to make her stronger with these changes were all lies apparently.

Dunno why she needs a buff just because the players make bad decisions with her. But we can keep asking for one.

Sombra needs a buff because shes bad. Has nothing to do with bad players. The pros dont even consider using her except for scouting on attack, to see to which more useful hero they can switch to.

Here some opinion from the coach of team canada Jayne.

If thats not first hand enough. Heres Danteh

Pro environment doesnt matter? How about a top 500 Sombra main opinion?

8 Likes

Lol that Danteh player is horrible. He can’t even avoid getting shot by a training bot.

Im just throwing out suggestions here. What if they made it so that hack cannot be interrupted by incoming fire but it still can be with CC abilities or barriers and instead of disabling enemy abilities it just works like discord or something like that where sombra can deal more damage to that target once hack is done.

More damage could come in the way of maybe amour ignore when hacked / more damage done like what discord does / further reduction in weapon spread during hack time ?

perhaps allow her to even shoot her while hack is being done also.

So hack would be more reliable and incentive.

EMP stays as it is and can be used to disable ults and abilities.

Because she’s not Brigitte, Symmetra, or Doomfist, and it’s ok for Brigitte to break meta, just not for Sombra.

And if people don’t think Brigitte breaks meta, they might want to check what the meta has been since launch.