Sombra Rework Tease [Official]

Looks like we have a hint to Sombra’s rework:

A (pretty quick) skillshot DoT that probably has some kind of debuff attached… It also looks like there’s a ring around her during stealth. I wonder if that’s her new detection radius.

17 Likes

That’s a very nice QoL change. Much appreciated

21 Likes

that looks alot more fair than current hack it leaves for good counterplay as well since you can potentially dodge it.

4 Likes

Nice find!

So hack is now a skillshot, and the detection radius is nicely laid out for you.

I’m good with this. I wonder what the range is on the hack, or what it does…

12 Likes

Happened to see it show up immediately on my feed as well - I take it that with this, Hack will last longer since it won’t be as easy as before. Probably no longer interruptable either since it’s being tossed.

2 Likes

As a D.Va main, my first question is naturally, “Can I eat this?”

23 Likes

If it remains an ability lockout, I really hope it isn’t that long tbh. That’s a long ability lockout

Looks like it. They take care to show that it’s a projectile.

5 Likes

It definitely deals DoT as you can hear the Rein kinda screaming in pain. Not sure if it also disables abilities? But I’ve been asking for DoT on Sombra for ages. It will be much healthier for the game.

3 Likes

if thats the case we dva mains are eating good.

4 Likes

I think it is the second. Which… you know, may make people more mad rather than less…

I certainly looks like DOT + other stuff. But how much? no idea.

1 Like

I refuse to believe it’s an ability lockout for that long. It would kill the tank role for good.

1 Like

2 seconds?

I guess you never played against old Sombra then.

Mercy: “Ms. Song, you must tell me how you stay so thin with such an appetite!”

D.Va: “No idea.” :woman_shrugging:t2: *flaps arms faster than the human eye can perceive and migrates to Mexico for the winter

6 Likes

This is actually looking pretty cool so far :eyes: Maybe it’s not so bad that I’ve finally gotten up the courage to play Sombra now of all times

It looks cool for this reason too, because I also happen to be a D.Va enjoyer

I’ve got a little cautious optimism going on now

3 Likes

Actual D.va VL:
Bzzzzzz!

1 Like

I’ve played since pre-Ana. The game–and Sombra–functioned differently then (when she launched that is). Just look at how consequential the forced sleep-wake up animation often is.

Hummingbird D.Va would actually be a sweet skin. Especially if it showed different colors depending on the lighting.

I doubt it will be disable at all, but… if it was 2 seconds, I don’t think it would be the end of the tank role.

That would make for a great Mythic.

2 Likes

Now that I’m looking at it, I would expect them to retain the “hacked” vfx if it was still an ability lockout. Wonder if it’ll be a slow or something instead.