Sombra rework can we get a hint?

Exaactly what I’m saying lol

Interact is killing my controls on console. It’s really not enjoyable rebinding all buttons for 15+ characters.

Please make dual functionality an option. Either double tapping reloading, or anything along those lines. Reload already has dual functionality (if you hold too long it will prompt you about character selection). So does jump (horizons telescope).

Please get rid of that extra button. It’s really not a good feeling at all.

Infinite stealth and translocator, what could go wrong with that in normal play?

People stop getting yoursselves hyped. She will probably get toned down due to peoples overuse of the word opressive. This is how you set yourselves up for failure

1 Like

Nothing it just makes her easier to play while being overall less useful to the team when using invis.

1 Like

What about her bugs?

Her LOS bugs are a HUGE ISSUE, shown here A list of Sombra's Many, Many Bugs (6), Now with more LOS Bugs! - #83 by Vinciri-1320
These have not been patched out from the PTR.

On top of that, will stealth have a damage threshold before it breaks?

1 Like

Ikr, already seen it out in full force about something I don’t think will be healthy for sombra anyway :’)

2 Likes

My issues with this are that 1: if someones spawn camping your translocator like a reaper, u can’t destroy unless u go to it in which u will just die 2: contesting points was such a core part to her invis but if it’s gone then it’s gone 3: her speed being reduced to 50% is a bad idea because that means she moves as slow as reapers wraith form which also has 50% movement increase and it’s pretty slow for a fast outgoing hero and when turning invis it’s going to be even harder for her to get away because the speed will be so slow unless she doesn’t have her translocator up.

If you need a game to feel elite and validated for your “skill”, I think you need other things to occupy your time, and just let games be fun.

2 Likes

okay sure but my complaint has literally nothing to do with the skill of the hero

i dislike the change for the same reason i dislike the ideas of being able to cancel rein’s charge: getting rid of the risk of some abilities makes it less satisfying to use

2 Likes

can you give heavy units tremor steps that can reveal stealthed enemies if they come close to them thank you.

for 1. I think you just have to look in its direction, not go up to it; like, it has an icon on the map if you look in its direction, after all.

1. I agree, but isn’t it kind of sad that contesting points was a core part of a character that was designed to be a stealthy assassin’s kit, while tracer did it better/more efficiently?

2. I agree. but if we get permanent invis, then it makes sense from a balancing perspective but honestly I don’t think many sombra mains care about having infinite invis time; longer perhaps, but permanent? LOL we care about the BUGS!!

2 Likes

She’s slow but over distance she gets to where she’s going faster. Much better for getting back to the fight after dying.

Infinite stealth is a good thing because it gives you the option of staying however long you need to stay however it doesn’t force you to stay forever like you’re acting like it does. You can still choose to translocate back to your team after 6 seconds but you don’t have to. Options are buffs. Good sombras will be able to find the perfect balance between repositioning in invis and helping in the team fight.

Plus the no contesting part is also a small buff because now she won’t alert enemies if she brushes by the point while invis.

For those saying this is a “buff” and a “step in the right direction”
Blizz is actively destroying sombra while everyone else tells us it’s ok.
This is her only way of getting past this choke, ONE OF THE FEW good sombra maps.
Can’t wait for this “buff” to introduce 3 new bugs btw.

5 Likes

TF2 Spy flashbacks of game starting, go invis and wonder the map until the team loses…

Makes her more forgiving which in turn makes her better.

Also you guys act like being in invis is such a terrible thing. 50% movement buff while also being able to position yourself anywhere without interference is something I’d gladly welcome more time for. You keep saying you’re not helping the team but sombra isn’t doing much for the team from the frontlines anyway. If your biggest concern as sombra is being WITH your team, then you’re doing it wrong. Ask any Tracer/Genji main.

Boy I hope her afk timer is tiny while stealthed otherwise people gonna use this as the new afk technique.

2 Likes

The 75% speed was necessary to make jumps without using translocator.

i.e. Hanamura defense, Point A - you could get to the window if you timed your jump right with just speed + buff.

Now we can’t make simple jumps. lol.

1 Like

Yup that does it. The final nail in the coffin. /s

Just go invis then use your translocator to get back there. It has a 4 second cooldown which you’ll now be able to wait out WHILE STILL INVISIBLE.

Do you actually play her?

Wasting your translocator on a simple jump is a very poor decision to make. Sure, when there is set-up time it’s not a problem. What about when a team is pushing in?..

1 Like