[sombra rage]completely ignoring this mess and still going to put that trash straight to live?

Depending on how the hero works.

They are already working on bug fixes for sombra, and more players showing them what is wrong help them find and fix bugs.

Unless they need to rebuild the tech for said character, and the priority of bugs to fix.

With the pick rate for sombra, it’s no wonder it will take a bit longer.

Yet, Brigitte has recieved more bug fixes in the month following her release than Sombra has ever recieved. Her bugs have been in the game and have been reported longer than Brigitte has been a playable character.

This is not an excuse. Part of the reason her pickrate is terrible are her bugs.

1 Like

What brig bugs? And are they harder to fix than sombra bugs?

Just an FYI, it took 1.5 years for them to finally fix a simple Bastion bug.

If it takes that long for a simple bug, then all hope is lost for Sombra.

Kinda funny how the bugs all started when they started messing with her hack :thinking:

Bug fixes are NEVER one for one comparisons. Some are far easier then others to solve as they do not require re-inventing how the game engine as a whole works.

Thinking otherwise just shows ignorance of how game development works.

Oh god her hacking is so inconsistent now.

I hate it. That’s the one thing she needs to work properly for her or she’s functionally useless.

Beta or E-Sports ready? You decide.

Some bug fixes are easier than others, sure. That doesn’t justify Sombra’s game-breaking bugs having less priority than Birigitte’s visual effects bugs, and it definately doesn’t justify a total lack of acknowledgement on the issue. The known issues list hasn’t had a Sombra bug in it since I joined the game last year.

And you certainly don’t need to rewrite the game engine unless the bug is ingrained in the code, like it is for Reinhardt. The Hack LOS bugs didn’t appear until after Sombra’s Hack change in February.

I imagine if the LOS changes had went to the PTR, we wouldn’t have to keep complaining about the bugs.

Is this in the bug report forum?

6 times over.

Okay good. It should be. Best way to get it to their attention.

I dunno. I’ve had this list of bugs on the bug report since May (this one was posted in june) and she’s still messed up. A list of Sombra's Many, Many Bugs (6), Now with more LOS Bugs!

You are assuming since visual effects bugs were fixed faster that Sombra’s bugs are not even being worked on at all.

Ever taken a car into a mechanic before for something serious like a bad transmission? Ever notice that your car tends to stay in on the lift longer then that of someone who is just getting a simple tire rotation or an oil change and that several other vehicles can come and go in the time you are waiting for yours?

The same principal applies to that of bugs in games like overwatch. Bugs of more serious nature can be started on much sooner then that of simple visual bugs but take longer then that of said simple bugs because of the complexity of fixing it.

First off, it was near the end of march (the 20th). Which makes this an April, June, and Now July issue.

Second, The LoS issue she had before that “fix” were equally as bad just in the opposite direction where it overly favored Sombra instead. Have you not considered that they placed that fix as a stop gap measure while they find a better solution? That perhaps the real solution WOULD require some fundamental changes to how LoS checks in the game work as a whole?

Leave Sombra alone, it’s just her arthritis kicking in. Poor girl needs some sympathy.

Omg I thought i was going nuts when my invis didn’t work after translocating, it’s actually a bug…

1 Like

It’s very hard not to assume that. At least when you take the car in, you get to watch the mechanics work. You can see them doing their job. Right now, it’s dead silence on Sombra from the devs. On top of that, some of these bugs have been in play since Sombra’s release, a year and a half ago. Heck, this is the perfect time to work on Sombra’s bugs, she’s on the PTR going through (terrible) changes right now. But we haven’t heard a word about her bugs.

March is after February.

Yeah, some of those Hacks were kinda sketchy, but that was a result of a grace period at the end of Hack designed for a longer cast time. They could have easily lowered that grace period to .075s to match the shorter cast time, and the issue wouldn’t have shown up more than it did with the .8s cast time.
However, this sorry excuse for a LOS check was advertised as the solution; not a bandaid solution like Reinhardt has been getting for years, but stitches. If the real solution would require LOS changes throughout the game they would have said something, like they did with Reinhardt’s rewrite of the code. I figure that a lot of these bugs would have been ironed out on the PTR, but OWL kinda kicked that idea to the curb. And so we’ve been left in silence since the change, and now they’re changing Sombra again without touching her Hack. Everything points to the Hack bugs being ignored, simply because the Devs don’t say anything.

I can understand WANTING communication. However, assuming that since there is dead silence that there is no work being done is nothing more then baseless pessimism. Perhaps they have not updated us on the situation due to having nothing to share at the moment? Patience. You need some.

Yes it is? Which makes it not as long ago as you were claiming?

You claimed February. You were wrong. It was the end of march. Glad we both now know what month comes after the other…

You have ZERO clue what is easy and what isn’t. You are once again assuming what the capabilities of the gaming engine are without knowing squat about it. You need to acknowledge your ignorance of how it works. Which makes the rest of your post a rant based on NOTHING but assumptions.

You have zero information and as a result are assuming you are correct. How does this make sense at all?

Not baseless pessimism. Well deserved pessimism.
Overwatch Forums this post is from the old forums where Jeff talks about Doomfist. Specifically, he says “What would be more helpful than “what about Doomfist” would be a post clearly telling us what is wrong with Doomfist.” This is after the main page of the forums had 3 megathreads describing Doomfist’s bugs, all of which went unread by the devs.

Then we’ve got Mercy’s situation, with hundreds of thousands of posts describing what her problems are and ways to solve said problems, and we get “Sombra has a good pickrate/winrate, so she’s fine.” Completely ignoring the problem that she’s just stupid boring and still really strong.

As for not sharing anything because there’s nothing to share, there’s always something to share, even if it’s as simple as “there’s a bug we’re working on fixing that causes so-and-so to not work properly” or “we see these bugs, and we’re working on them but it’s going to take a while.”

I’ve been patient for a year as my favorite character crawls with bugs, and in answer they dump some more on her.

I said the bugs came in after her change in february. After february. But I digress.

I actually do know what is easy and what isn’t, in this case. Some things are really as simple as changing a number. For example, shortening the grace period would really be as simple decreasing the time from .1s to .075s. That is a simple change. Now, changing cast speed is more difficult, because the animation has to be changed to match the new cast speed. But for simple number changes with no visible animation, it really is as easy as it sounds.

Either way, that doesn’t disqualify the rest of my rant. Sombra recieved a piss poor LOS check and they called it a solution. If it was a stop gap and the real solution was to change how LOS works in the game engine, they would have said something like they did with Reinhardt’s rewrite of the code. Many of these bugs would have been shown on the PTR with their frequency, but Sombra’s LOS change didn’t go to the PTR because OWL didn’t want the .65s Hack with the .1s latency in the next stage. Since Sombra’s LOS changes, the devs have been silent on her, and now they’re changing her again without touching her Hack as shown in the PTR patchnotes. Everything does point to Hack being ignored because the Devs don’t say anything.

1 Like

I remember this post. Jeff’s response was to that SPECIFIC thread. He did not say anything about feedback not existing. He was bombing that particular post for lacking any actual feedback in of itself.

This is assuming that feedback is 100% correct all the time. Which it is not. Listening to feedback does not equate to agreeing with it. You can give me feedback on something and I can consider it and still decide to do something else. Ignoring feedback does not mean not following it. They read the feedback and disagreed. That sounds like listening to me.

Because wasting time posting “nothing on this” every 2 weeks to keep impatient micromanaging players happy is a good idea. /s

But the change was NOT in February. It was in March. Which means it would be march.

Don’t see a blizzard tag next to your name. Would love to see all the work you have done on the engine yourself. Because that is what you are saying right here. That you know how the engine works and how numeric value changes interact with the engine.

They called it a fix to an issue. Which it was. The LoS problem was an issue. Now it is not. However, a new issue has propped up as a result that hurts sombra instead of the target.

The ability to recognize the difference between the end of one bug and the start of another is important here. There was a bug. A fix went out. Another bug arose from it.

A lack of confirmation does not equal a confirmation of your fears. Its like claiming a train did not leave the station simply because it has not arrived at the desired destination yet.

Actually the LoS bugs have always been there. It’s just swept under the rug by the 0.1 second leniency all this time. It was why the 0.1 second leniency was there in the first place, to prevent lamp posts and stuff from breaking Hack. Jeff said so himself in the old forums.

Personally, they should just dump how Hack currently works and just slap something that already works like Zarya’s beam mechanic on it with its own ammo/resource that deals damage to a hack health bar.

Just one move and you solve the LoS issues, Sombra being able to keep hacking issue, Hack being too easy to land issue (it will be like complaining that Zarya is allowed to shoot you).