Sombra PTR Changes from a Sombra Main

This is so true, when playing Sombra, you have to outsmart your opponent, which comes with immense skill which is one of the reasons why she is hard.

1 Like

I was in the process of learning Sombra and was really enjoying her. But I will have to wait for live release as the PTR has 200+ ping for me

2 Likes

We’ve all been waiting for the live release for nearly 2 years now, don’t feel bad.

2 Likes

I mean, she’s not meant to be “insanely hard”. She’s meant to require some planning and thought, but as long as you have 2 brain cells you can rub together, you can figure out how to use her.

Apparently the blizzard play testers do not have the requisite 2 brain cells, however. Which means what Blizzard SHOULD have done, and still have the opportunity to do, is invite all of the top Sombra players to a roundtable discussion (Fitzy, WorstSombra, Danteh, etc) to figure out how to fix the character, since Blizzard’s team has proven to be too incompetent to do it

1 Like

Check out my thread that I just made.

Here is my new thread that I just made, invite all your friends!

You can still play her as please, but the enjoyment has been reduce greatly for me I should say, but I will still remain loyal to Sombra…

2 Likes

She is insanely hard
You underestimate her skill requirement.

• Insane tracking
  • Time management x2
  • Map knowledge to a much greater extent than others since she relies on roaming on through the map
  • A ton of planning ahead
    Because you only have 20 seconds translocator time you need to plan out 25-30 ahead since she’s awful in combat. And her stealth is even shorter
    Another thing thing you plan ahead if whether to hack a health pack or an enemy - and which health pack - this requires you to think 60 seconds ahead.
  • Mechanical mastery since most of her abilities hinder her
    (i.e you have you shoot exactly 59 bullets to allow you to hack afterwards)
    (i.e if you ever wanna use stealth, you have to animation cancel your reload + translocate at the exact same time)

Don’t talk since you’ve never played her in a skilled environment. Sure she can be fun as an assassin and stomping players who aren’t paying attention, but against players of decent skill you get punished by the smallest mistake.

1 Like

Exactly this, I laugh when people say that Genji and Tracer is harder… That is so untrue.

I feel robbed by this. I spend tens pf hours to master her.
The problem is these changes will make more people trying to play her in a wrong way (hack medkit, translocator, cloak, get behind enemy, fail at the assassination attempt, retreat, repeat.)
Playing her around the fight is much more fun. Causing chaos and actually being helpful to the team. I love my agressive Sombra dancing around the enemies. I never ran out of time on trans. As I usually use it to reposition midfight.

Also with the translocator being destructable I wont be able to play “fetch” with Genji…

Don’t worry, after a week then people will stop playing her, leaving her to the true Sombra Mains.

1 Like

Do you think there is a chance for this nightmare to end?

Word is that Blizzard has reached out to Danteh (well known owl sombra player) for his feedback on the changes and he hates them, so at least there’s hope they don’t hit live with this patch. I think they are smart enough to know they messed up here.

1 Like

That’s a good sign. Danteh knows the problems. If I was Blizzard, I’d shoot an e-mail to Fitzy and Mightyy as well. Heck, maybe EVERYONE who’s been posting about changing Sombra for the better, just to get a good number of opinions and draw a more accurate consensus.

4 Likes

Well if is all true maybe there is still hope.
Gosh its not so often that pros and casuals all agree

1 Like

That is quite rare, that pepole of all skill levels are all pretty much on the same wavelength.

3 Likes

We can only hope, but remember that the “new hero” ptrs are longer than the normal ones so the earliest it will hit live is probably July 11th. That leaves plenty of time for them to get feedback, and if they’re seeking Sombra players feedback on day 2 I’d say that the changes probably won’t make it to the live version.

3 Likes

It’s been two days since the PTR patch went up and they’ve already got loads of feedback, if the forums are anything to go by.

1 Like

You know… it kinda reunited as all. All the true Sombra mains.
My respect to all of you guys. That you choosed the hard way and took your time to learn her

Your words are like a beacon of light to me. Thank you.
Lets hope