Sombra pick rate: 2.08% to 0.77% (400+ likes, 11k+ views ❤)

Ladder data is stupid for Sombra, stop using it.

Sorry, but Sombra should never be balanced around solo q. She is a hero who requires coordination, which is exactly what solo q lacks.

Every hero require coordination to reach their full potential and Sombra isn’t even that reliant on that anymore. It’s just that her gameplay is failing right now

1 Like

I would contest that now Shock are no longer a terrible team. They have Sinatraa now, they have Super, they have Architect. Those 3 additions have massively improved them.

No, McCree or Widowmaker don’t require nearly the same amount of coordination because their job is to click heads.

Sombra sets up opportunities for her team, which they must follow up on. Sure, she required even more coordination when farming healthpacks was a necessity, but unless you want to get rid of Hack entirely it isn’t going to change.

Super feeds like it’s solo q and Architect has done basically nothing for them, imo.

Plus it’s not like Sinatraa is a top level Tracer either, he can’t compete with the likes of Saebyeolbe or Profit at all.

I can’t read these excuses anymore. Grandmasters should know how to play with and as her. She should be good in gm but isn’t.

1 Like

But they don’t, because you don’t get to GM by knowing how to play with a team.

Solo queue rank has almost nothing to do with your capability to coordinate with your team.

Calling gm too dumb to play with a sombra, i’m out.

2 Likes

Fot the love of…
You are defending flawed design. If a hero only works decently in 6-stacks for the top 0,001% of the players the hero is broken.

The “she isn’t balanced to be played outside elite competitive” is nonsense.

3 Likes

Whilst I’m sure we have to agree to disagree in general on that, I think it’s worth again pointing out that with so many bugs on the live patch, even comparing pro scrims with a LAN server is pointless. OWL and I’m assuming Contenders players simply don’t have to worry about these bugs.

1 Like

You don’t need to be in the top 0.0000001% to be coordinated, but you do need to be coordinated to play Sombra.

Sorry, that’s how the hero is.

Too dumb? No. Can’t do it with a bunch of ransoms they have never played with before? Absolutely. GMs aren’t gods who can instantly become top level OWL teams within the pick your heroes phase.

We don’t really know what the cause is of the bugs is, so it doesn’t make much sense to assume it’s fine on LAN.

And for the record Contenders is on LAN atm.

That’s a sophism and that’s not my point. My point is that every hero require coordination to operate at full potential. I don’t necessarily communicate more with my team as Sombra player and my win rate is pretty satisfactory. The issue is that her gameplay is currently cluncky, even more than when she was an EMP bot.

If only them Diamond, Master and Grand Masters players knew how to be coordinated because clearly she isn’t working for them either…
:neutral_face:

It’s not deceptive at all. Widowmaker doesn’t literally nothing if she doesn’t click heads. That’s her job. Sombra can do damage, but she isn’t picked because she has a terrible gun for a DPS and no mid-fight mobility, she is picked for Hack. Every hero might need coordination for their full potential, but Sombra needs coordination to be viable at all.

I hate to break it to you, your solo q winrate means literally nothing when you’re talking about balancing a hero.

Her gameplay is not more clunky than it was as an EMP bot, you’re either playing her wrong or are just used to the old style and haven’t transitioned yet.

Yeah, solo q players aren’t coordinated. And that includes OWL players in ranked too, btw.

Plenty of Tier 2, 3 or 4 teams can run Sombra and win because they have basic coordination, it’s not like Hack is super mechanically intensive.

I thought the peak of playing Sombra was just saying " hey I hacked X" and “EMP in 3 2 1” in voice chat.

Uh yeah you should say those things.

The difference is whether your team is willing to jump halfway across the map to kill a Hacked D.Va. They probably won’t in solo q.

One way I found to get value out of Sombra on less coordinated teams: Pair up with a buddy and be their enabler (preferably flanker). Doesn’t even have to be grouped with you.

See them enagaing in a duel? hack the target and steamroll by turning it into a 2v1. Flanker retreating at low hp? Hack a health pack and “Group up with me”. Friend about to team wipe ult? communicate your EMP with them.

Probably not “Pro” or “Optimal” play, but neither am I.