Sombra payload glitch/bug - Rialto

So me and my six stack went into Rialto on attack, and we get the payload to point one, but despite no one being in sight, the payload was still being contested. One of my teammates then notices a Sombra arm sticking out of the box on the payload. She was able to use her translocator to glitch into the middle of the payload and basically stall us from advancing. She could still fire and hack from in the box. We get sent into overtime, and eventually after two minutes of holding, the wick finally burns out.

We go to defence, and once again, the Sombra translocates into the payload to stall and contest. Again, for a few minutes we’re trying to figure out inbetween fights how to dislodge her. Finally we find a crack between the payload and the box on the top where she’s vulnerable. After laying the damage through that crack, she finally translocates out, and we wipe the entire team to full hold win.

That was the most frustrating thing I have ever seen. This should be looked into and fixed, it’s absolutely tilting to anyone who hasn’t seen this before, and to be frank, that’s fricking cheat.

I did end up reporting the Sombra and his team for cheating. They did admit that they were throwing to decay, but that don’t justify those tactics.

Thought I’d drop this in here just in case it hasn’t been brought up before. Cheers!

5 Likes

Is it okay if I bump this topic? I just ran into the exact same issue on the same map. The Sombra on the enemy team was able to Translocate into the the payload and stopped us from moving it when we were attacking. They stayed there the entire match. It took us a while to realize what was going on. We lost because we couldn’t move the payload.
This same player did it again when we we’re playing defense. It seemed like the only way we could damage her/get her out was with a gravity bomb. Other than that, she was able to contest the entire match. I reported the player for both matches. Hopefully Blizzard will be on top of this soon.
Losing sucks in general, but it’s even more annoying when you were legitimately cheated.

Happened to me as well just a few minutes ago.
Bumping this hoping it will get attention from developers.

Here is a Video of how She can do it:

Small tip if this happens to you again:
You can pull Sombra out of the Payload with Orisa’s or Zarya’s Grav.

There are a ton of Bugs and even more game breaking exploits then this on Sombra I listed them here:

(Im sorry for copy pasting this everwhere but its not like anyone else would answere this and its reported alot here im to lazy to rewrite it over and over again.)

This bug been here for a month and still no action ? Recently had an enemy Sombra with this bug on PS4. It was a quickplay game, so wasn’t a big deal but this must be fixed asap. Also reported that Sombra for cheating but don’t know if they will suspend their account.

1 Like

There are Sombra bugs and exploits that are here since almost her launche they just don’t get the awareness to be fixed. And this bugs just starting to get awareness so it will probably be fixed Soon.