Sombra Nerfs - How do you feel about it?

Honestly, this seems pretty balanced to me but the global ult reduction might possibly be the biggest hit to her. I would’ve liked a reduced reload speed to compensate for this.

1 Like

Eh, they didn’t really address any of the problems. Hack will still feel unfair, Sombra will still not be played at all and people will still be asking for her nerfed. You won’t notice the 1 second when you’re hacked, you’ll notice when you’re the Sombra and you need your team to capitalize on it.

5 Likes

Nerfing the statistically worst hero is not “balanced”. She desperately needs compensation buffs.

Forget about them. They are about to get what they want. If they still can’t handle her after the nerf, then idek what to say.

12 Likes

As a Sombra player, it doesn’t really bother me.

1 Like

I’d prefer they’d reworked her a little.

Keep TL, make stealth limited again, and maybe make Hack a projectile you have to land (think pulse bomb but easier to hit) rather than short range autolock.

She needs a power swift not a nerf, she still has a really low win rate in any rank below Master.

I mean they’re complaining about her even though they’re barely seeing her. And they won’t feel the nerf in any tangible way. So people will ask for her to be nerfed again.

1 Like

No actually even in master she has a negative winrate so grand master is the only rank were sombra has more than 50%winrate
but now with those nerf maybe even grand master will have a negative winrate and for sure she will not be played in owl anymore in 222

so sombra was basically deleted from the game

for me I " was " a main sombra now time to move on ashe
I am mad since I was waiting for a buff actually she is very hard to play on ladder

But I will not try to play her anymore it s more easy to just shoot and kill

the funny part is they buffed ashe who was already very good

it s like the dev team are just watching ow central video and dont have any stats

they nerfed a weak heroes and buff a strong heroes

2 Likes

I have no clue whatsoever why they’re nerfing Sombra.
She’s very underwhelming. If it’s because of frustration, then they shouldn’t buff Doom in the same patch.

Same here, she wasn’t gaining traction at all until Bunker comp came in to the picture. She was used to counter that and apparently she suddenly became this super duper mega powered nigh oppressive hero.

1 Like

can’t really tell, but don’t really care

emp is strong as ever but now has actual counterplay

She has a really low win rate at master and above master as well.

Her win rated are total garbage at every rank.

She still has a low winrate in Masters too.

She is usually run with 3 healers or 3 dps in league and in Season 1 when it was 222 her stats were already abysmal.

She needs compensation buffs, quite obviously.

They EMP changes were enough. Should have stuck to those and added a compensation buff.

1 Like

The cast time of emp is mostly just the recovery. The effect takes about 0.2 seconds to happen. Did the nerf to the cast time actually make emp take longer to apply the hack?

Yes. It did. Afaik.

So EMP has been triple nerfed and the base kit nerfed too.

Good. This honestly doesn’t change her play style and she will still be VERY viable. At high ranks, if you got hacked, you are dead. Period. That will still happen, but it lightens up a bit.

You aren’t dead if you get hacked at any level of gameplay. You can still survive. Even in the pro scene she’s primarily used for EMP.

She got triple nerfed when she already had some of the lowest winrates at every level of play. And EMP got nerfed three times when it was her only real reason for being.

Because she was strong in OWL. And for some reason that automatically means a hero is overpowered everywhere else. This is how forum heroes start to exist. That’s the only reason she was nerfed and probably will continue being nerfed in the future. People don’t want to bother learning how to play against a hero and if there’s enough outcry, they get nerfed.

As for my opinion on the changes? They were not needed. ESPECIALLY not when they introduce 2-2-2 at the same time. They wouldn’t have been as terrible otherwise. Sombra already is weak in a two DPS comp, now she’s going to be even worse. Nerfing her without any compensation buffs to make her a better DPS was one of the worst decisions they’ve made.

1 Like

completely unecessary. she was already a weak pick. needs dps buff or spread decrease and reversion to old hack timees

Sombra needs to have some sort of value on her own is what she needs. Every single part of her kit requires someone else to follow up or do something. You can make hack last 10 seconds and it still wouldn’t do much without a mic and all 6 in VC.

Until they fix THAT part of her, it makes no difference what adjustments they make to her current kit.