Sombra nerf wasn't as bad as I thought it would be

Nope. According to the majority of the intellectual Sombra mains, the balance change made her F tier due to the result of the pro’s whining and Blizzard’s hatred towards her.

No reason to play her now, right guys?

4 Likes

She never left f tier. She is still the lowest win rate and second lowest pick rate offensive hero.

5 Likes

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or legitimately shooting down someone’s opinion based on personal experience…

That’s like you telling me I don’t like hot dogs after I flatly sa6 I like hot dogs

And for the record I’ve been saying since they announced the changes that they are barely going to be noticeable…

Prepare for a bunch of triggered mains coming out and screaming their favorite hero is dead forever. Not all of them, but a lot.

It’s happened with literally every other balance change ever(including D.va’s micro-missle rework)

1 Like

D.va and mercy most notably.

Yet people complained and whined in agony.

Have you been playing her in quickplay or comp? I haven’t tried her out yet, but just wanna get an idea of where you’re coming from.

1 Like

I’ve had my fair share of new Sombra in quickplay with unorganized teams and I do well.

I haven’t played comp since season 7 I think but I still played her a bit in there and actually did pretty good at the plat level. This was when she was considered even worse.

2 Likes

Thanks so good news is she’s fine in quickplay. Guess I’ll have to test her out in comp.

Fine if you know how to play her is the better answer to be honest.

As I thought the leinience nerf was the big one, which I was ok seeing gone. The 2 seconds cooldown just seems like an unnecessary annoyance. Getting punished because a stray D.va bullet hits you from the other side of the map doesn’t feel great.

The nerf was meant to stop sombra from getting free hack timing from players who cannot consistently interrupt hack at 0.65s intervals until sombra is dead or in most cases, translocate out.

It was barely a nerf if in the past you didn’t count on players missing one shot for a window to hack.

2 Likes

overall the nerf is fine and I can adjust but that los change is kinda annoying to get used to. Not even talking about trying to hack tracer which really isn’t a thing anymore. Just talking in general. Hacking a health pack and quickly turning and moving before it finishes is gone. Trying to hack and duck behind cover is gone. And if someone is around a payload hack can definitely break los through geometry on the payload so you have to hack from above. All things you can adjust to but they basically changed the way her core ability functions which feels terrible.

I haven’t tested it enough yet, but so far the nerf hasn’t been nearly as bad as i though. I was thinking it will be even more annoying than failing rez as Mercy, but turns out there isn’t apparently too much random damage flying around, and 2 seconds isn’t too bad if enemy doesn’t notice you, because you can then try again easily.

But this is only fine because of translocator time buff, so they better not revert that one now. Or nerf her again, since she is still quite F-tier pick below masters.

Imo, it impacted Sombra’s play style a lot. You need more situational awareness and teamwork for her hacks to be successful. Overall she requires more skill, the right circumstances and a team that works together properly. She is not unplayable, but regained her status of being a situational pick, just like pre-buff :confused: She is now like the nerf intended her to be. A niche hero which needs to be mastered for adequate impact on the game…

1 Like

Thoughts from a Sombra Main :purple_heart:

Even though my comp stats with Sombra and even my SR in general are off to a rocky start, due to toxicity, people still don’t know how to play with Sombra’a strength etc.

Despite all that, I have well above 150+ hours on her alone.

To me she still plays the same, however, I can see where the frustration may occur with some players.

However, I think these changes are good and good for one reason.

It will highlight her flaws with stealth and how clunky it feels. I always suggested this on the old forum and I will continue to do it here.

Cloaking cast time need to be reduce from 0.7 seconds to 0.5 second
Her base movement speed need to increase from 5.5 mps to 6.0 ops to match Genji and Tracer.

I am fine with them not add a damage threshold, because then people will complain about that until it get nerf.

I was one of the few people who practice everytime I get hack, I wait two seconds before re-hacking to get use of the change… and I stop doing the hack and duck behind cover to avoid getting shot at.

These changes didn’t affect me at all, I just can’t play too aggressive like I did before and I have to be more stealth, however it’s hard to do so when you scream HERE I AM everytime you de-cloak.

Those are my two cents :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

My opinion is hacking in a team fight will make hack feel like garbage besides emp outside of that her playstyle doesn’t change

That is my opinion, too, and another reason that she feels clunky.

Don’t forget her parcours skills in the animated short! A little movement boost would definitely suit her lore.

For crying out loud, even in here Animated Short she could wall climb :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wall Climb would be a nice addition for approaching on the high ground invisibly without having to waste a translocator which someone might see if thrown… I like this idea :sweat_smile: