Sombra nerf, slight tune required

I’m very much on the side that said Sombra’s hack post buff was OP, but I think the adjustment made to remedy that is too unforgiving.

4 Second hack cooldown if you damage her and interrupt the hack?
Fine. Fair.

Tripping the same cooldown if a lamp post gets between Sombra and her hack?
No. 1 second, max.

Same with anything else other than damage that stops the hack. Barriers, body blocking, corners. 1 second at most.

Yes, the faster hack needed counterplay and she shouldn’t just be able to ‘facehack’ someone who’s fighting her.

But there’s a line between:

rewarding people with fast responses who can counter her with an interrupt or damage

and

punishing Sombra for dumb luck favoring an otherwise unaware target or someone trying to exploit this change by “baiting out” the hack.

It only goes on the 2 second cooldown when interrupted by damage

2 Likes

Wait, what? Please tell me this isn’t a thing.

It isn’t look at the post above you.

Had to check, thought it was a bug or something that slipped through because of the lack of PTR.

Two second cooldown.

If a lamp post gets between Sombra and the hack, she just keeps hacking like normal, they just updated the way it works. Before, Sombra had a small time in which she kept hacking while losing line of sight with the target, they removed that, and now small objects don’t interrupt the hacking.

Only damage triggers the two seconds cooldown, if she gets interrupted by any other means, she’ll be able to hack right after the cancelation.

1 Like

Already Underplayed Character Becomes Even Less Played Following Patch
More at 11:00…

3 Likes

Pros complained. End of that story.

1 Like