Sombra Mains Unite, what changes do you want to see?

I really hate these changes.

If anything, I would take the Stealth we have on live with a lower cooldown, keep Translocator but make it indestructible, and get Ult charge from health packs again (only not as much).

3 Likes

I want her to keep the infinite stealth and the original speed. The translocator should never de-spawn and have 30ish health so it doesn’t get randomly killed if you are throwing it into a team-fight to EMP. And pretty much everything the person above me said.

I’m fine with the changes, they just need to get rid of some of the nerfs and maybe add some QoL buffs because the buffs just don’t outweigh them like this

• The 4 meter detection when in Stealth is retarded.

• The loud sound effects translocator and stealth make are so unnecessary.

• Get rid of that extra visual effect when you Translocate.

• Increase her movement speed when in Stealth by 10%.

• We need a better visual alert that our Translocator has been destroyed.

• I still want hack to have a 5 Damage Threshold, it’s all we originally wanted

I’ve said elsewhere what I think Sombra needs, but here’s the quick and dirty version.

• Damage increased from 2.3-8 to 5-10.
  • Weapon spread reduced from 2.7 to 2.4.
  • Movement speed (uncloaked) increased to match Tracer and Genji.
  • Second passive that grants a 15-damage buffer between ability activation and break that applies to Stealth and Hack.
  • Hack cast time increased to .75 seconds, cooldown on break removed.
  • Decrease decloak sound and voiceline radius to 5 meters.
  • Reload cancelled by using Hack.
  • Fix Hack’s billion and a half bugs.

This sounds harsh but i would scratch all the changes on the PTR and try something different.

Things many Sombra players asked for multiple times already

• timer skulls above hacked targets

Sombra suffers from lack of communication coming from teammates who dont join voicechat. Hacked targets need to be more obvious for teammates without Sombra needing to make a call out everytime.

You dont want to buff hack, because you think its frustrating i get that. Then dont, but acknowledge that she needs significant buffs in other areas to make up for it without trade of nerfs.

• Delay going into stealth removed

One of her most versatile abilities is her translocator to get around the map, get out of a fight or making an aggressive engage. Sadly since stealth is not a viable escape option due to cloak delay, she is forced to waste translocator for escape most of the time.

Removing the delay would open up more options for Sombra to engage and escape without ending up being a sitting duck.

• Base movement speed increased to Tracer/Genji lvl

This fits her playstyle as a flanker and helps her to chase down low health targets which she is supposed kill using her passive. Very often these targets escape due to unreliable weapon spread and better movement speed would help to compensate.

She cant use stealth for chase down due to delays and not being able to shoot inside of invisibility.

• Increase speed boost in stealth to 100% from 75%

Basically same idea you had with infinite invisibility, but without unwanted sideeffects.
Being able to move faster in stealth allows Sombra to use her stealth duration more efficiently which gives her more time to scout and pick a target to hack or ambush.

Coupled with her base movement speed buff this allows her more strategic map control and position her more effectively where she is needed.

1 Like

Instead of the ptr changes, do these

-Buff stealth cast/uncast time from .7 seconds to .5 seconds
-Increase translocator velocity/travel speed by 25%
-Remove the 2 second cooldown on hack breaking from damage
-Increase base movement speed from 5.5 m/s to 6 m/s (equal to genji and traver)

And fix her bugs. Boom.

1 Like

I would first revert everything they did, back to the Emp bot, except the spread. Then start again from there.

• translocator cancel (the 1 thing i like in the proposed changes)
  • hacked target indicator…sugar skull?
  • damage threshold on hack (can keep the cooldown) … and fix bugs
  • reduced delay going in and out of invis
  • maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe increased damage or a seperate damaging ability besides gun

those are the only changes i feel she actually needs from live sombra

leave her current detection radius (2 meters) and leave the no ult charge from healthpacks (as that was being abused anyway)

I want to see changes to her right click :

• Less spread
  • More damage
  • Less ammo

Right now it takes so long to kill a target, Sombra can’t properly fill her role of getting picks in the backline. I’ve seen myself trying to kill a healer and be forced to translocate or I would die because I have to be at a decent distance of him/her to not get killed by him or someone near him and my 60 bullets clip takes sooooooo long to empty and does so little damage I just can’t stay around.
Basically I do that over and over, getting a pick once in a while but it feels such like a chore compared to DF, Genji or Tracer.
Sometimes I just play her with my team, not even trying to get the backline and just unloading clip after clip to charge the EMP, in that case I just deal less damage than other dps or even tanks or healers.
These changes would reduce her time in the backline and favor players with a better aim so her mechanical skill cap is raised, at least if she doesn’t provide more damage in a teamfight she’d be better at her job of picking squishies in the backline.