Sombra is currently the worst hero in GM

Of course. Just imagine. “Hog sucks, pls nerf his hook so we can buff him.” Same logic. But nobody with common sense suggested that ever.

Works for any hero btw.

"X hero sucks, please nerf (insert core ability of that hero here) in order to buff him/her.

5 Likes

0_0

100ms ping, means at least 0.1s lag, if not more than that. So as much as 0.15sec

Then throw in something like how hook 0.3sec has a cast time, AND has a travel speed of 40/meterpersecond, meaning each 5m distance increment takes .125sec to travel. Then add any sort of network lag on that.

And you’re acting like 0.35sec cast time is somehow generous when the max of human reaction speed is somewhere near 0.1sec

You sure you have ever looked at the math involved?

Its 0.65 sec

Sorry but it’s not a hero problem

I agree with increase hack cast time to 0.8 sec ( with other reverts ) but ult is fine since she is utility hero her ult supposed to be strong

Nice

1 Like

Thanks for that, the wikis aren’t updated that well.

Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – July 18, 2019

But yeah even at 0.65sec

Let’s say 10m away with a hook, at 100ms ping constant or spike.

That’s
0.1sec + 0.3sec + 0.125sec + 0.125sec + 0.1sec = 0.75sec

Network, Hook Cast, Hook 5m, Hook 5m, possible Network = 0.65sec or 0.75sec

To be fair, Sombra has a good kit, the only problem for me, is how wide her spray is. I think if they tightened her spray she will feel more like a DPS than a Support Disruptor… I more or less use her for utility

They already tightened it. She is not designed to solo assassine. Only really works against Zen.

2 Likes

But that’s the point… it’s not DPS enough for DPS’Watch… the players either want to troll or they want to stomp.

Sombra swings really badly from being insanely good on a team that can team or insanely bad with a team that can’t do anything.

In most cases if you engage you engage to support and if you can’t finish the job you bail and things either go really well because your team is amazing if it goes south… then you’re screwed because it can be like a 5v6 fight with your being dead weight.

The thing about Bastion is that he can be so left field that some teams and players don’t know how to deal with him and he just cheeses his way through.

Overwatch was a fun game, but it’s kinda devolved into this unfun mess where you either have a functioning team that knows what it is that they are doing or a team that doesn’t

Sadly Sombra is reliant on the team. It is rare for her to solo carry the match. Bastion on the other had has high Damage Per Second so he just chews through people.

Forget reworks, I’m done with them on Sombra unless they decide to revert Translocator.

Revert her Goats nerfs! She’s the only character still rocking all the nerfs Goats caused, and at best she was a hitchhiker in that meta.

I’d also love a QoL tweak or two for her.

The problem is that she isnt insanely good even with a team. Sombra only starts to have an average performance comparable to other heroes, once teamwork is involved. So She is one of the heroes where teamwork is calculated within her balance state by default. In an ideal world with teamwork in every game, she would be balanced hero. But thats not the case.
So you either make her a) less team reliant or b) buff her in ways which makes it easy for her teammates to work together.

opposed to what? widow? ashe? ew

Yes and no? She is kind of weird in the sense even with good team work, she still won’t be impactful. She isn’t a ‘Finisher’ she exist to disrupt and in most causes she can never finish a fight because of her spray pattern. You can empty out all your ammo and that person will be near death but reload animation tends to stop you finishing that fight and therefore you have to rely on your team to do damage as well.

Problem is that the team comp is a huge problem in this game. They either work or they don’t or they get countered hard and unlike other DPS, she works better when people’s attention is diverted so she isn’t a frontliner meaning if team don’t push, she’s useless.

Also timing… if her assualt fails then timing is more or less off meaning she either push in too early with the hacks and no one can monopolise on it or it’s too late and team is dead.

1 Like

currently? she’s been (one of) worst hero(es) in the game for a long time, if pickrate and winrate stats show her worse than ever thats nothing new, it happens to many other characters which feel horrible to play

I just think we wont ever get a balanced Sombra because the devs view her as an pro play only hero. Whenever she get relevant on ladder she is in discussion for a nerf.

1 Like

(She isn’t even a pro play hero. Remember hacking in front of a shooting D.Va? I remember :rofl:)

:man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

Oh Sombra will work if she can actually win her 1v1, right now she barely can… and if the team is looking for the DPS to make all the damage and kills then Sombra isn’ your girl. If she can literally hack and then go 1v1 on like a full health support and win her engagement then yay… she’s awesome but because she either goes in for a Flank or a Supportive Disrupt everything is up to chance…

Assassin/Flanker - Needs to be able to win 1 on 1 whilst in backline which she barely can and in most cases has to bail

Disruptive support - Hits the enemy team with Hacks like Lucio, Hammond etc at a distances then pile on damage whilst hoping someone will assist and in most cases they can’t… unless it was an already engaged fight.

Basically your team needs to be able to fight periods of 5v6 battles as you do your work.

If the 5 of them can’t cope without you playing something like Soldier, Reaper, Junkrat etc… then you’re useless.

Sometimes I feel she could be a support, since she is mainly a utility character.

Us genji players are asking for bliss to nerf blade and buff his lethality.