Sombra is being revived šŸŒŸ So We Thought

He even said those playing against her said she felt no different.

If thatā€™s not a red flag, what is?

3 Likes

It just confirms my suspicions that the balance team and Geoff specially has absolutely zero idea how sombra functions right now.
And this goes well beyond sombra, these entire past 6 months have been OW lowest point and thatā€™s saying something, considering how unbalanced this game has been since day 1.

Nothing will change until the balance team itself changes, theyā€™re the ones keeping sombra and this entire game under wraps, borderline self sabotage.

3 Likes

I am just really upset with this article all together.

1 Like

Exactly, and here I thought was they were keeping her obtain for reasoning, but this whole time they are balancing her with little to no great information of the hero.

Hope you like the new sombraā€¦

4 Likes

It just need some improvementsā€¦ I remember making thread to indicate my changes I would make, while keeping the same format of PTR changes.

1 Like

Me too, but mine is more for the devs explaining which role sombra has because i think the main problem is the lack of consensus about sombraā€™s role in the game

WHAT ROLE DOES SOMBRA FILL?
A Flanker? :x:

High mobility :white_check_mark: But not in combat :x:

Can defend themselvs if detected :x:

High burst damage :x:

Fast engage and disengage :x:

An Assasin? :x:

No mid fight value :x:

If discovered :white_check_mark:

High mobility :white_check_mark:

High Burst dmg :x:

a Scout?:x:
This kind of role has no place in this fast paced game, of the 6 slots picking a scout is playing 5v6.

Dosnt heal allies, Dosnt dmg enemys, Dosnt tank dmg, Dosnt stall enemys, Dosnt get value
Its simple, would you rather kill an enemy or tell your team to kill him and put resources in instead of the team doing their jobs?

A Disruptor? :white_check_mark:

Exploit enemys backlines :white_check_mark:

Help the team get kills :white_check_mark:

big Utility :white_check_mark:

More details here, sorry my fellow sombra player for the self promoting , but tuesday is coming and im done if this changes go through

Give Me 1 Chance to Change your mind about Sombra [FACTS not opinion] 2.5k views šŸ’€

Hope geoff can read this

2 Likes

Itā€™s so sad. Goodman is basically saying ā€œCommunity opinions donā€™t matter, I know better than they doā€ and the proceeds to explain how he completely misunderstood Sombraā€™s problems once again.

Honestly, he have gotten Sombra wrong 5 times in a row, how dose he justify the arrogance of telling the community ā€œThey donā€™t understand how powerful these changes areā€?

Dude. You messed up with Sombra so many times, maybe be a bit humble about it?

2 Likes

Just read the article and its justā€¦ well, depressingā€¦

1 Like

I read the article earlier as well, and it really aggravated me. When it mentions that people playing against her felt no different, that means that she isnā€™t a bigger threat.

If she isnā€™t a bigger threat to the enemy, sheā€™s not going to be more effective.
If sheā€™s not more effective, then she wonā€™t win more.
If she doesnā€™t win more as the hero that wins the least,
THEN THE CHANGES ARE NOT A BUFF.

I am completely dumbfounded how this isnā€™t painfully obvious to the devs that this is not going to help solve Sombraā€™s problems, and it only makes them worse as well as create new ones.

2 Likes

I agree with this so much!!!

2 Likes

This.

The article just really says a lot that he just do not understand the true issue of Sombra.

Exactly THISā€¦ not to mention that he thinks (micro-manage her abilities) was an issue, but that just to her skill cap.

They are indeed still net nerf to the hero. It is beyond me that they said that they gave her a lot of buff and a lot of nerf, but when comparing the pros and consā€¦ There are more cons than pros.

Agreed.

1 Like

How will we ever get any meaningful Sombra changes when the lead Hero designer is too stubborn to listen to anyone or admit that he messed up big-time?

We got all these fantastic feedback threads. We got Fitzy. BadSombra, Dantehā€¦

ā€¦But non of that matters as long as the lead designer, who have messed up Sombra multiple times now, feels that ā€œThe community just donā€™t understand Sombra like I doā€.

Weā€™re basically back at ā€œPeople just donā€™t know how to play Sombra correctlyā€ā€¦

2 Likes

Exactlyā€¦

I felt like I wasted so much time in creating thread such as thisā€¦ The devs even locked it to where I canā€™t edit it no more.

lmao not anymoreā€¦

2 Likes

She still has fairly great mobility, but even that got constricted for some odd reasonā€¦ which is beyond me.

2 Likes

Yeah, honestly it feels bad. All these feedback threads where we try to explain why Sombra is hurting just to get an interview highlighting that they have not read or listened to a single word of it what so everā€¦

You do a great job Somvra, you keep the Sombra community here alive. Itā€™s just a shame all of the effort is apparently wasted. Goodman donā€™t want our feedback. He knows better than us silly Sombra playersā€¦

2 Likes

Thanks :blush: of course I will still be making threads about Sombra and more. This wonā€™t stop me from being the positive Somvra that this community know and love.

4 Likes

Honestly, lol, no, sheā€™s absolutely NOT being revived right now and thatā€™s just the reality of it, Iā€™ve finally come around to trying her and shes so buggy itā€™s shameful, that should of been a hot fix!

2 Likes

She just have so much potential is literally the answer to many of the issues we have in Overwatch.

3 Likes