Sombra is being revived 🌟 So We Thought

Not sure if you’ve seen this but Geoff Goodman says they recognise the feedback against these Sombra changes and they’ll ‘keep an eye on her’ (we’ve heard that before). So there’s a chance, I guess.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/8uqyu7/seagull_talks_with_devs_goodman_mercer_kaplan_and/

2 Likes

Lie. Don’t get exited. Don’t expect anything.

As you said, they said it before.

1 Like

Hopefully this is true. I made a post that I will link in here, but one of the staff member have locked it from being edit, so maybe that is a good sign.

1 Like

So true…

It’s funny how they literally said these changes were to improve her and were aimed at THE Sombra players (said on Seagull’s stream the other day when talking to the Devs). And most of us agree overwhelmingly that this is garbage.

If the girl cannot contest objectives anymore, why ON EARTH does she need to be more easily detectable and slower?
They could’ve kept her speed.
Contesting objectives is powerful enough to force half the enemy team to give up positions.
But if they’re going to go this route, fine. Let her not contest. It wouldn’t be that annoying if she COULD contest anyway because infinite stealth isn’t infinite stealth if she gets hit by one bullet and it’s gone. You can only stall for so long. She wouldn’t be better at contesting than she already was- which was situational at best. People used her to contest because her sprint was fast, not because of her invisibility, because she’d be knocked out if it immediately otherwise.
Revert every other nerf to her stealth- the speed nerf. The radius detection doubling. It’s not needed. It’s just simply not needed if she can’t interact with an objective.

4 Likes

Improvements to Sombra2.0 Check out these changes as I think you will like them. I made it so that she won’t be able to contest, but she receive viable buffs to her stealth ability.

Funny enough even Stylosa gets it and he usually doesnt even play her.

6 Likes

That says A LOT, I mean it say so much if even Stylosa can see that these are nerfs…

3 Likes

And the same time Your Overwatch will release a new video, detailing how and why did this patch make Sombra a support… lol.

1 Like

Lol we are back at with SOMBRA BEING A SUPPORT NOW. :wink:

Why is it that every time they ‘buff’ Sombra we’re left here feeling nerfed?

They had no problem giving Hanzo insane buffs without feeling the need nerf the other half of his kit…

3 Likes

Or implement two nerfs for every buff he got.

Yes, it seems like it sadly.

Why is this so true.

Hahaha, pretty much. “Keep an eye on her” basically means they’ll fix her if it’s convenient for them.

2 Likes

Why doesn’t Storm Arrow get cancelled after taking 1 point of Damage?

5 Likes

Translation, they’ll just nerf her again in four months, probably by…NO. NO. NOT GONNA GIVE THEM IDEAS.

At least the nerfs went to the ptr first, I guess.

2 Likes

LOL. Yeah, that’s the spirit. :laughing:

RIP Sombra, that 1 week was fun while she was viable.