Sombra is being revived šŸŒŸ So We Thought

This 100%

2 Likes

Actually played a bit more of new Sombra now that I have to.

Sheā€™s bad.

Geoff was right when he said infinite stealth didnā€™t make a difference. Only thing itā€™s good for is stalking ppl for extended periods, and hiding doing nothing. Not the most welcome additions to gameplay.

The speed nerf was totally unnecessary. How was 175% walkspeed without being able to hack or shoot overpowered? Only the Sombra player would even notice.

Translocator gets destroyed by spam or splash damage which thereā€™s heaps of now with DF, Hammond etc. Also, you canā€™t use it for in-combat shenanigans which lowers her skill ceiling. Sheā€™s just easier to kill now.

I always wanted the translocator cancel for almost a year, but Iā€™d revert this patch anyway.

Her stats will 100% still be in the trash in a month. Nothing is fixed.

4 Likes

Exactly, I wish they revert her speed buff so since she is useless at least we can enjoy moving fast while being useless.

3 Likes

This is exactly what most Sombra mains are saying, she is NOT BETTER. She is only easier. Iā€™ll be honest i didnā€™t want and donā€™t like/want new Sombra, but I felt relief because i wouldnā€™t have to try so hard to get the most out of her, but now I am frustrated with how easy they made her. Invis used to have such a high skill cap as an ability and what you can do with it, now anyone can be at least decent with it. Like i said, she is easier not better. There is a difference.

3 Likes

She wasnā€™t Hanzos and Genjis sister, as far as I know. She was an assassin set to kill one of them (or both?) in the lore and I think they planned to give her a wallhack ability that later turned out to become hanzos sonic arrow.
Not entirely sure about that though.

1 Like

I also thought she was planed as Sister but Iā€™m to

XD

PS. There are new bugs on my Even more Sombra Bugs in 1.26/1.27/1.28 [With Video's] - #11 by SchWiniX-2357 Post please check it out and raise the awareness of the new bugs #notsponsored xD

1 Like

Her declining win rates suggest otherwise. Sheā€™s being picked a little more, but not with any kind of success. If she was in any way easier or more effective, youā€™d expect her to at least start winning, not drop to 46% win rates.

She might feel easier, but itā€™s not translating to being an effective component in the team.

1 Like

The question is how long will the pick-rate stay up there (haha ā€œup thereā€ on 0.7%) It will probably fall soon.

Her time management is gone so the skill floor is easier but the problem why a lot of players drop her again is her DMG when you start Sombra it just does not feel good (please donā€™t buff dmg in any way)

Well her winrate just kinda improved for a day when the changes hit live then dropped to her normal winrate.

1 Like

Bronze and Silver ranks are already abandoning her, so there goes the ā€œlower skill floorā€, ā€œeasier for weaker playersā€ myth.

She still has time management, it went absolutely nowhere because you need to manage time to participate in the match. It only feels like itā€™s gone because the timer pressure, such as it was, is gone. The reality is the match timer and the pace of the game are still the most important influence on her time management.

1 Like

For what itā€™s worth my win rate has gone up, but in QP mostly. I donā€™t feel like getting banned for playing her as a one trick in comp.

2 Likes

This coming from someone with a grand total of 24 hours played on her? Donā€™t take that wrong, I too donā€™t lock my profile, so people can see how much wrench time I have on her. Maybe they might value my opinion to some extent at least.

I like the changes, but only because it completely offsets the 2 sec CD on hack, and a small change in her playstyle puts your hacks back to 30-40 per game like before the nerf.

Just people arenā€™t smart enough to see or utilize the change as such yet.

1 Like

TFW people fear being banned for playing one of the heroes.

:skull_and_crossbones: RIP

3 Likes

For what itā€™s worth to other Sombra Mains, or people who want to get in to playing herā€¦ I had a few diamonds and masters sunday trying to convince me to take her into comp.

But I told them itā€™s a throw pick if I do, and/or one tricks get banned, otherwise Iā€™d love to practice her in comp.

But, until Blizzard getā€™s their heads out of everyoneā€™s bum and makes a decision once and for all about it, Iā€™ll just stick to QP where I actually have fun playing her, and not having to deal with people on voice comms.

I just throw some music on and do my thing, and donā€™t shive a git what anyone does or says. Does that mean I donā€™t play smart, no, I try when my team tries, and I screw around when my team is practicing, such as 6 DPS teams.

1 Like

Iā€™ve even had people suggest I was using an aimbot, which I am not, and never have, but I just have ok aim I guess, no Iā€™m no Codey, but, I do ok I guess.

Recent Youtube video if people are interested /bS3bhVfrnMA (short URL form)

1 Like

Well, as expected the QP crowd seems to love new Sombra (for now). I see so many Sombraā€™s in QP, mostly by people who have never touched the hero before. Just last match I saw someone trying to create a Sombra smurf because ā€œSheā€™s so cool nowā€.

Gonna be interesting to see if they stick with her. :thinking:

2 Likes

Sheā€™s easy to play in QP because people run around on their own more, and thereā€™s usually only one support to try to keep a Hacked player up.

In comp, those things just donā€™t happen nearly as often.

Sheā€™s countered by far more basic teamplay than the teamplay she needs to follow her up.

I just had a comp game with a Sombra who was literally complaining that we were losing the 5v6s while they thought they were doing really well because they set themselves up some nice individual plays which were completely inconsequential in the scheme of the match. We actually went on to win, because a player on their team did exactly the same thing before realising what they were doing just wasnā€™t helpful at all, but by then it was too late.

2 Likes

Please notice this and add it to your thread!!

https
://www.strawpoll.me/16180873

2 Likes
3 Likes

Yes, therefore less things to manage, the less things you have to worry about, the easier a hero is. If you have 3 dogs, it is much easier to handle than say, 5 dogs. Same thing with Sombra, now you only have to worry about her low damage nd waiting on cooldowns, instead of cooldowns, timers, and her low damage and large spread.

2 Likes

She was, they mentioned that she was originally supposed to be the third Shimada family member, let me try and find the link!

1 Like