Sombra is being revived šŸŒŸ So We Thought

Crap, the timings are completely off.

I wish i had saved more videos of my Sombra gameplays in Chateau just so i can do a direct comparison to show. I seem to actually be spending more time in stealth.

Say, you see a doomfist on the other side of the room or road with his back to you. So you cloak to quickly get to within hack distance and disable him before you shoot. It takes longer to get to him so you end up cloaking longer than usual. By then heā€™s already turning the next corner and your hack breaks. sigh

The timings are completely off, iā€™m gonna have to go back to basics and focus on mobility, which means i canā€™t shoot so iā€™ll be feeding for the next few days again. Crap.

1 Like

So. Many. FotM. Sombra. Players. They make my life miserable. Seeing them running around in stealth doing nothing all game just to solo EMP targets without a team to follow upā€¦

Canā€™t wait for the hype to die down and for people to realize that Sombra isnā€™t the new Hanzo.

2 Likes

https://www.overbuff.com/heroes/sombra/trends

Already tailing off after peaking at 0.77%

At GM sheā€™s hit a low, of 0.15%

2 Likes

OP, Nerf immediately.

2 Likes

:clap: Sombra :clap: Review :clap:

Yes, itā€™s true, sometimes new Sombra feels amazing. Youā€™ve seen the clips on Reddit or whatever; You get that perfect sneaky assassination followed by that sweet EMP. She is easier to play. More forgiving for sure.

But.

Is she better? Well. We still have the same problems as before: Down time, relatively weak damage, a kit that fails way way too often, extremely depended on the rest of the team to following up on hacksā€¦

What I really donā€™t like is how the new Sombra encourage me to play very passively. Old Sombra had such aggression to her character, you pop your timers and itā€™s a furious rush to make the most of it. All that is gone. One of the most intense characters in the game is now the dullest.

So. Slightly better and much easier to play for beginners but also less fun. Overall sheā€™s more or less in the same spot as before. Weā€™ll see if that changes with the upcoming support patch. I somewhat doubt it.

2 Likes

Thisā€¦

I couldnā€™t agree moreā€¦ It is just sad that they really gave Sombra a net nerf, but call them buff.

THIS! Despite all the feedback that they received, they still pushed Sombra to LIVE.

2 Likes

Canā€™t have any of that. How about we buff her cooldowns but in return every ability takes an extra second or two to compensate?
Couldnā€™t have her becoming broken.

3 Likes

Too soon to tell. Only one dayā€™s been recorded since the last one will still be fluctuating. We still donā€™t know if itā€™s going to hold. Iā€™d say we need three days of data, so that means four days after the patch. Weā€™ll see how well she retains players this time.

1 Like

Exactly lol

Still couldnā€™t find one with the jumppad long jump, but managed to find something else to compare

The part with Junkertown is a pretty good example of why she feels bad right now. Itā€™s a simple dead sprint that you also often do when repositioning around the route.

2 Likes

Thank you for thisā€¦ It just feels horrible.

Sooo freaking slow! I donā€™t mind losing as long as the gameā€™s fun. This is not fun.

Constantly being beaten to the healthpacks by Tracer and even McCree (YES! McCree is catching up to Sombra!). Tracer actually hitting you while invisible because you canā€™t redirect fast enough. Fights being over by the time you arrive so you canā€™t even make use of opportunist. Crap.

2 Likes

The saddest part is they didnā€™t boost her base movement speed up to 6.0 or they didnā€™t reduce the stealth delayā€¦ They didnā€™t even reduce her cooldown to stealth eitherā€¦

2 Likes

They need to go full invis or go to back limited invis. If iā€™m getting out of spawn i need to real invis to hack a health pack and place my translocator in a good spot and wait for my invis AND hack cooldown. Give me no invis timer and MAYBE iā€™ll be okay with invis.

2 Likes

I just want the odd speed buffā€¦

or

They need to do something about the ability Stealth.

2 Likes

itā€™s crazy how much that speed buff destroyed stealth. I mean after all it was a 33% speed nerf. Thatā€™s a lot.

1 Like

It was a deduction of 25%

2 Likes

Originally a 75% increase. (Now -25%) 75 x 33% =25%. Therefore, they took 1/3 of her increased speed while invisible. She is 33% slower than before. That is a lot.

3 Likes

Okay, I see what you did thereā€¦ I thought you said they reduce her speed by 33%, but you are saying that she is 33% more slower compared to her original speed.

Nice Math, you almost got me there!

2 Likes

I mean, sadly they said sheā€™s unlikely to get her contesting or her speed back. Theyā€™re probably going to stick to their guns on that one.
I mean, weā€™re all sombra players here. We know that they replaced hack with a burning house fire because of a .15 speed second increase.

And people stopped complaining. Itā€™s like they werenā€™t getting hacked so they didnā€™t complain or something.

Personally, Iā€™d like a base movement speed increase(shed still be a bit slower than she was before with base movement at 6.0 so they can pretend to stick to their guns on that one).

Also, take away the cd on invis. Itā€™s soldierā€™s sprint with a cast time that she can be forced out of with 1 damage. At least finish the comparison.

Iā€™ll take a ā€œgo invis, do a thing, go back invis, do another thingā€ playstyle, but I canā€™t do that now.
It feels incomplete. Maybe there will be something there, but not like this

Edit: another benefit to that playstyle is how sheā€™d be able to contest in a completely unique way.

3 Likes