Sombra is a toxic magnet

Not only will people straight throw for playing Sombra. When you do carry you will get absolutely no credit. And when the team loses its always your fault regardless. This hero is just Toxicity incarnate. I cannot play with voice-coms because i will just get flamed straight away. Like its a bit incredible how consistent the toxicity comes to sombra. Like i think she needs a re-work to keeps everyone elses sanity in check.

Here review my gameplay
SPFJTW

2 Likes

Sombra is not a toxic magnet. People who are bothered by her are.

The same people who get toxic when they have a Widow on their team in Gold and that Widow is not playing like an OWL Widow. The “I swear to God Widow if you do not kill everyone on the enemy team, I am throwing”.

3 Likes

When people see Sombra, they automatically assume the worse. She is actually a very viable hero. She can literally call out positioning, heros, stall, etc. To players who are discouraged/scared from playing her, don’t be. Just have to be confident in her abilities/yours. It’s also important to learn when to switch off

1 Like

a lot of ladder sombra’s do not know how to play her effectively either

ChevyDan6! Bro!

That was some awesome Sombra. You carried the game. Maybe not carried, but high impact! Great job!

Just keep them muted. Don’t worry about the toxic people. I stay out of chat too.

You played very well!

Boop! :grinning:

If the hero is so good why are you playing her on your ALT rather than your main? People see you playing her on your ALT, won’t switch no matter how little progress we are making and your surprised you get abuse?

I suspect the reason you don’t play her on your main is because you know your SR will tank.

1 Like

My main and my alt are at the same exact SR…soooo nice try

What I find funny - sometimes one tricking is learning when NOT to play your character if you are not creating value. I hate to sound like Stylosa.

Some characters are very capable even when hacked. If the enemy team has a majority of those… cringe… I think Sombra may not be the best pick.

Just care less about winning and it will be fine! don’t even join the voice chat.
For an optimal gaming experience, it’s best to watch a TV series or movie on the second monitor and turn off the chat completely.

1 Like

lmao i feel this post so much. as someone who plays sombra i cannot begin to count the amount of times ive been blamed for loses even though i had silver damage and elems (something sombra isnt meant to have). its bound to happen as this is overwatch, you can have 50 players hacked and still be blamed. just keep your head high and know that you carried by the amount of players you hacked :wink:

sombras only value outside of emp and soloing 1v1s is communicating hacks. if there is little communication from sombra or your team doesn’t listen to your calls, you are going to need to get solo pick which takes good mechanics or mill emp as fast as possible. even in masters communication can be awful thus sombra loses out a lot. Too top it off sombras often take way to long positioning to get ult charge and thus take half a game to get emp. she is a hero that needs communication to get any value outside of mechanical skill. so it’s not surprising she isn’t loved.

she’s an annoying character to play and deal with don’t go around wondering why everyone hates you when the answer is in front of you. she can go invisible she can teleport she’s extremely slim and hard to hit she has all the abilities to make the character look like it isn’t from ow.