Sombra has had the lowest win rate for the last 6 months

Hacked targets should have an easy to see effect so that the team is aware that a target is hacked

Hacked targets should appear through walls for all teammates

These two buffs won’t buff her too much at higher ranks but will help her out a lot at the lower ranks where shot calling and awareness arent so good

The entire time Sombra is hanging out waiting for the “perfect moment” to hack Lucio during that messy teamfight you guys are 6v5. Then once she does hack you you’re likely behind a shield, near your main healer, and still can shoot at her to help chase her off; meanwhile she’s visible, isolated from her team, and half your team knows where she is.

There was almost always a better initiation hack then Lucio. 95% of the time I hack Lucio it’s because he’s frogging on the walls to stall during cleanup or my hack bugged when he crossed behind Rein and it finished on him instead. He shouldn’t catch many hacks unless he’s solo healing/run with zen/goats.

I’m not saying Sombra isn’t a Lucio counter, she is; just not “a contender for the hardest of hard counters in the game.” A hacked Lucio can still shoot from relative safety, which is all Sombra can do as well with hack on CD. Plus they have a cool Ult duality, where they can negate each other’s Ults. It’s in EMPs favor, no doubt; but ‘team or Lucio/Zen’ is one of EMP’s best counter plays.

Doomfist has it worse vs Sombra then any other character, Zen is the only other that comes close. Hammond, Rein and Lucio can argue over who’s next on the list.

For the record the Sombra community was STRONGLY against her ‘Scout’ rework. We said it was a bad idea that would only make her more annoying while not solving any of her real shortcomings…

Devs insisted “No no, you just don’t understand how strong her ‘scouting’ ability is”…

And here we are. They can never buff her because it would wreck their oh so precious eSport league. The re-design was a dead end. Just like it was predicted.

2 Likes

Of course, just because a hero is difficult to play doesn’t mean it’s a bad hero.
Except for Sombra, who’s just bad.
If she was a good hero with just her difficulty holding her back she would be way more prominent at higher levels of play, but she isn’t, she’s ranged from bad to mediocre since day one.

+3!

This would improve playing Sombra on low ranks SO MUCH.

Sombra is just awful. It’s so depressing to play her. Hack can be very impactful but to balance it out you have to deal with your useless peashooter of a gun. You can’t do anything yourself. I get it, she’s a very team reliant character, but relying on your team in solo queue is like trying to play racquetball with a pig.

She’s hard to use. That’s going to happen.

as a sombra main i wholeheartedly disagree. Actually I want her to stay as she is now because as soon as she gets better she’s gonna be reworked to no recognition. Hack can be opressive as hell and if she becomes a must pick be sure she’ll get nerfed to the ground. All off meta and niche heroes should remain that, off meta and niche if you want them to keep their kits the same.

No. Please do not. Getting Hacked through walls was utterly stupid. Just make hacked targets more visible so that team mates can follow up on it better, or even make them visible through walls when hacked. Just keep the LoS changes, those were 100% needed.

This is why she is dead last in win rate at plat and below. She is TOO team reliant.

Sombra is too reliant on hack. Hack is broken but the rest of her kit sucks.

With such a high potential, she’s definitely not bad

I made this post on ways to make her a little better. Overall I like where she is. I think people just don’t really know how to play her:

Sombra is super strong when played correctly and she doesn’t need no buff she is very un fun to play against

1 Like

This is all I ask for honestly.

Sombra Suggestions

I feel as though she lacks down-time and damage. I want to try and make her more of a fluent hero, that again focus on her utility that will not only bring the hero down to her playing level, but also help her support herself and not just her teammates.

• Stealth: Reduce the cast time from 0.7 seconds to 0.5 seconds

This will help her with both cloaking and de-cloaking, making this ability used more as an engaged and dis-engaged ability.

• Base Movement Speed: Increase Sombra's base movement speed from 5.5 to 6.0 m/s to match with both the flankers Genji and Tracer.
  • I just think it’s odd that her kit scream flanker, but yet she her speed is the same as every other hero besides Tracer and Genji. With this change, this will indirectly help her dodge bullets more frequently, and chase down low hp targets without having to use stealth for that extra mobility speed. Not only would this also indirectly buff her stealth speed as well, meaning she can go adventure old flanking routes before they nerfed her stealth speed.

• Hack: Hack will now display a sugar skull above the enemies head, with the same duration countdown.

Also hack now grants a small damage boost to ONLY Sombra.
  • With these suggestion, this will automatically increase her value of hack since, the indicator visual has improved, but not only that, this will temporarily up her damage but only through her utility.

3 Likes

What is this “correct” way to play her exactly? Cause I’ve played her as every possible role (even as a support, those were dark times) and at the end of the day it always feels more effective to switch to another hero that just does her job better.
    And if she’s “super strong when played correctly” then why isn’t she more prominent in the higher ranks? Why isn’t she used in OWL where player skill and communication are at their highest-especially in a meta consisting primarily of ability dependant heroes with large hitboxes, a meta where Sombra should theoretically be thriving-and isn’t even considered a pick by pro teams?

Sorry, still not a good enough excuse to keep a hero in F-tier, never has been, never will.

Woo hoo we can finally play hammond for once! :joy:

1 Like

While I would absolutely love to get 6ms movement and .2s off cloak/decloat, I would settle for this…,

Color swap the hacked markers of the teams. It becomes purple ‘binary swirl’ on red enemies and red hack on blue/green friendlies; as opposed to red on red purple on blue.

Most of all I want to be able to reload through visible TL. It’s so dumb that porting stealth doesn’t cancel reload but in fight it does. It would REALLY help out her midfight presence, which she desperately needs.

1 Like

I agree :sweat_smile: