Sombra has had the lowest win rate for the last 6 months

I disagree with you there

Yup that’s the Sombra double standard. When Sombra is on your team she’s totally useless, throwing and the reason you lost. Because hack isn’t doing anything useful. Why can’t that stupid Sombra just switch to someone that’s actually doing real damage, tanking damage or doing something else of real value?! Pick anyone, but do not pick Sombra!

Yet when Sombra is against you, hack is the most annoying thing in the world and is utterly crippling. It’s a fate worse than death and guarantees you’re going to die. You might as well just suicide and respawn, because you have zero chance. It’s amazing Blizzard ever allowed such an overpowered ability in the game. Anytime you get hacked you can barely think rationally, because the annoyance factor being only able to jump, shoot and move is so unbelievably limiting it prevents any kind of coherent thought. You don’t even register the fact that being hacked didn’t actually result in you dying, and only inconvenienced you for 6 seconds. But guess you just got lucky that time. And sure, your team won the game anyway, but you were really annoyed from being hacked, so it all evens out. Blizzard must nerf Sombra because while you got lucky this game, and the 6 games before this one, eventually you’ll run into that perfect Sombra who plays her right…

Played perfectly, Sombra is an unstoppable goddess of destruction who can hack anyone at will and always has all 5 of her teammates ready to swoop in at a seconds notice and annihilate any hacked target in a feat of god-like tactical coordination that makes makes even pro teams look like undisciplined children. And we all know it’s Sombra being overpowered that’s making this inevitable victory possible and not the fact that they’re a ridiculously coordinated and highly skilled group of players. Sombra is a total nightmare, and she must be nerfed immediately.

2 Likes

Would like it if we had more stats. Like what ranks are most of the winrates.

“i hate playing against this hero so it’s good that they’re f tier”

Good. She’s the worst designed hero in overwatch. Let’s design a character that removes abilities in a game revolving around ability based combat by hiding like a coward and holding right click for half a second. Also, EMP is a guaranteed team fight win in any team with minimal communication.

I think that’s all she needs really. Maybe make hack easier to get off, but more damage would go a long way to improving her viability.

They said a long time ago they didn’t want her to be an assassin. However, in light of 2 years of failure, maybe it’s time to reassess.

Right now she’s okay for very specific problems. Most of that involves assassinating.

She’s supposed to be good at disrupting the enemy team; she’s not. She’s never been

How do you guys play her? I have basically one play style with her and when it works its very effective.

Hack a health pack
Place tele on health pack
Stealth and run to the front line, or to their back line, depending on where I’m needed
Hack and spray until I start taking damage
Teleport back to health pack
Replace tele
Rinse repeat

The thing that usually makes her fail for me is my team don’t capitalise on hacks. Even EMP usually is ignored. I’d like more damage so I can follow up myself.

she has one of if not the lowest dps of all the damage heroes and I rarely see people complain about that. Her hack is an incredibly effective powerful ability when pulled off but she needs her team to get good use out of it.

if you don’t use any ultimates to go with emp its a wasted ult.
if the enemy team isn’t very ability reliant it’s useless.
If the enemy team sees you translocate or stealth, or can predict ultimates it can be stopped.
EMP is far from a guaranteed team fight win, and if it was a free win the.n her win rate wouldn’t be so low

I hate playing against Lucio so I hope he becomes f tier.

but then we have another symetra. Also sombra’s kit is too based around infiltration and stealth to be a support so they’re probably better off making her more of a dps than more of a support. Also if she gets put in the support category then people will scream at her to stay with the team at all times even though thats where she’s best

As a person that plays Sombra a lot, she’s pretty fine, could use some little tweaks (would love more damage) but I think she’s okay. The problem is that teammates always blame Sombra when no one is doing good and start getting tilted and trolling just because that one guy isn’t carrying as Sombra when every single player on the team is suiciding one after another.
Also, she has some terrible match-ups like Hanzo when she needs to be switched most of the time and many people don’t.

Or at least give better indicator for hacked enemies. That’s the only small thing i’ve asked for months now.

If i can’t have any other Sombra buffs, at least do the one small thing that isn’t actual buff and would be quite helpful.

Please.

Her win rate is low because she’s a hero that requires a lot of communication and skill, neither of which go hand-in-hand in most games that isn’t premade. I’ve faced a few Sombras that carried games all by themselves, most of which were smurfs but still.

She’s not easy to pick up or master, so she’s going to have a low pick and win rate for that reason alone. I think she’s in a pretty good spot, maybe a few QoL buffs but she’s great.

I’m going to go back to this:

• If you can follow up a Graviton Surge
  • If you can follow up a Earthshatter
  • If you can follow up a Discord
  • If you can follow up a Blizzard
  • If you can follow up a Supercharger
  • If you can follow up a Nanoboost
  • If you can follow up a Valkyrie

If you can follow up any of these and more, why is EMP or Hack so special that they require anything extra?

“It’s not that she’s not bad, it’s that she’s bad.”

We all play on the ladder my friend, not in some imaginary theorycraft-verse, nor in tournaments.

not to mention several ultimates require near perfect timing to emp or cant be hacked at all. Tactical visor is still effective if its hacked.

Whenever people complain about mei its always the ice wall, not completely stopping people for a good second or so, but when they complain about sombra its about taking away just the abilities for 6 seconds. if mei can block off doorways, slow you down, and freeze you so you can get shot in the face by an icicle, then why does sombra get called the no fun police?