Sombra has had the lowest win rate for the last 6 months

But statistically has less chance of doing so than virtually any other hero a their rank. The lower the rank, more hilariously more improbable that becomes. She has the 5th lowest win rate in GM, below Masters, it only gets worse.

2 Likes

By 1-2%? If you play at your rank, you’re going to stay there. It doesn’t matter what hero you play. If you want to climb, you have to play better. That applies to any hero.

Here are the worst win-rates this month across all ranks in damage:

Sombra: 47.02%
McCree: 48.40% (I thought he was OP community?)
Soldier: 48.61%
Tracer: 49.13%
Doomfist: 49.18%
Widowmaker: 49.58%
Hanzo: 49.69%

The remainder of damage heroes are at or above 50%. Between those below 50%, that’s a variance 2.67%. McCree is “second worst” compared to Sombra, who people complain about regularly since his buff - “McCree Right-Click”, yet he is only 1.38% above Sombra.

Then if you look at the ranks, Sombra is only worst beteen Bronze and Platinum. At Diamond and above McCree is worst at Diamond and Master. At Diamond and above Sombra is well above 50%, between 51 and 53%. Why do you think this is? Because at Diamond and above players actually follow-up and respond to calls. Below that people do their own thing.

Fun fact, ‘my rank’ playing tank is about 500SR higher than it is now. That makes my rank gold, rather than silver.

So actually, yes, picking your hero and role better can make a significant difference.

Further it’s not 1% in a sense that you’ll lose 1 more match out of 100, that’s not how it works.

What? This is just flat out nonsense. You know who has more play making potential? Any hero with damage or CC in their Ult, anyone with burst potential, and any tank. Sombra’s speciality is losing, while gifting a teammate PotG.

She can “shut down” like a quarter of the roster. Most heroes can manage 6 seconds of hack, even during a chaotic team fight, no problem; the vast bulk still have better damage and more midfight presence while hacked.

The only characters she truly shuts down are the bad Dooms, Balls and reddit Lucios that keep diving in 1v6. Plus she makes life harder for the undisputed #1 tank. That’s the biggest advantage of having a Sombra on your team, you get to use Rein but the enemy has to swap to Orisa.

Ive literally never seen a Sombra carry a game. And I’ve played a lot of Overwatch.

4 Likes

I don’t have a problem getting hacks, I don’t think it needs to be improved in any way except perhaps a visual indicator for my team so they know that a hack is active on a player.

1 Like

People read too much into their necessarily flawed statistics and it’s upsetting.

A considerable buff they could give her is let her cancel out Nano-Boost if she manages to hack the boosted target. That’d give a more reliable counter to the likes of Nano-Boosted Dragon Blade.

In exchange, maybe she could only have one hacked healthpack at a time.

She shuts down any Lucio, not only reddit Lucios.

It’s a contender for the hardest of hard counters in the game.

Agree to disagree. Lucio is in the middle of his team, and immediately gets behind a shield, catches a bubble and gets healed. Sure, he can’t heal and loses utility for 6 seconds; but he’s pretty safe and can chase her off with a fairly underrated gun.

There’s MUCH bigger counters in running vs a good red Sombra, much less the game.

Sombra is fine as is

She takes more coordination and communication than ladder players are willing to put into the game

2 Likes

So you think a “buff” vs one specific Ult in exchange for loss of area control vs the entire roster and for your team, all to a statistically underperforming character, is warranted? Stop suggesting counter-nerfs! They are always worse then the proposed buff. That’s how we got here in the first place.

Hacking off Nano for Blade is barely a buff. You should immediately hack Blade now anyways, Genji loses dash and just dies, even Nano’d . It means red teams used 2 Ults to trade his life for a blue support, deal.

It’s strange to me how big the fuss was from some players of Mercy having a slightly below 50% winrate in the past, but that there isn’t a fuss about Sombra’s lower winrate.

1 Like

Because people play Sombra and then don’t communicate, which is key to her success.

Was put in with a five stack, which meant no comms as the game doesn’t put players on the same channel by default, and they refused to go on the main channel. Can’t exactly claim that its fine for Sombra to be this reliant on teamwork and coordination when the game’s comms works like this.

I think the people in GM who are communicative and highly skilled not being able to pull a good winrate with her barring maybe one or two notorious Sombra players is a telling sign that she might need some visual QoL changes to help the coordination among her teammates better.

Leaving her untouched right now isn’t going to ever make her viable, but hack should NOT be buffed anymore and her gun might just need a slightly faster reload…and bug fixes. That might be all that she needs. Never been a fan of the idea of buffing her gun’s damage or spread, since it’s already fairly good.

1 Like

She has too much utility for a DPS and too much damage for a support. Maybe give a bit more utility, idk maybe the ability to hack his teammate to give a buff (health regen? Movespeed? Not being able to get below 1 HP for a few seconds?) and lower her damage a little (probably not even needed) and move her to support.

I agree, the 2 second cooldown when hack is interrupted is too much, that should gone forever

Yeah I still get hacked when I’m with the team because teamfights aren’t this static thing. When things get even a little messy it is very easy to get hacked.

I also think you’re intentionally and dishonestly representing the difficulty. I get hacked when I’m with my team pretty often because, you know, the lady can wait until the perfect moment with unlimited invisibility.

You also completely ignored what happens after the hack. Lucio is worthless when he is hacked and if he doesn’t die it just means your team or you made a mistake honestly. Lucio’s gun, while decent, is nothing compared to the gun of any DPS. (if you can aim of course)

I disagree, if the Sombra is good the Lucio pretty much has to swap unless his team focuses an inordinate amount of attention on him. A hacked Lucio is just too much of a liability. At least a hacked Mercy can heal.

Sombra’s fun is ruined by people holding left mouse and spinning in circles, the main issue is that they are holding down left mouse button to fix this they should disable primary permanently.