Sombra hacks every passive, except

…Brigitte’s one. Why? Is she special? Pharah can’t fly, Lucio can’t wall ride, Genji can’t climb walls, but Brig can still heal. Simply, why? It doesn’t make any sense.
Also, why her ultimate goes over barriers, but Lucio’s ultimate and Zen’s ultimate can’t? It’s an area ult, but it should follow the same pattern as Zen and Lucio.

NOTE: i have nothing against Brigitte, she is one of my mains, i just wanted to know these tweaks of her kit

It’s derived from her primary fire, not an ability.

14 Likes

She also doesn’t hack Reaper’s lifesteal passive… because yet again, as Boshy stated, it’s derived from his primary fire.

7 Likes

She cant hack passives that are, well, passive(like an enemy sombras 50% hp wall hack, junkrats not being damaged by his explosions) or attached to primary fires( reaper’s and moira’s life steal).
Primaries attached by abilities and movement passives are hackable( Lúcio’s aura/ wall ride, Genji’s double jump/wall climb).

Whenever or not it is fair is not the case, but she does not hack “all passives”.

Also her ult does not go over walls. She needs line of sight. As for barriers, it passes through them because the ult destroys barriers.

6 Likes

I guess this kinda makes sense. As my first post on these forums, this sounded a bit stupid, but anyways thanks for your quick answers, really appreciated! :chart_with_upwards_trend:

1 Like

Brigitte is a special snowflake.

1 Like

she also cant hack junkrats passive and reapers passive

4 Likes

She hacks the passives with key press inputs. You can’t hack these passives:

-D.Va
-Sombra
-Junkrat
-Brigitte
-Zarya
-Doomfist
-Reaper
-Probably more that I missed

1 Like

Passives Sombra can’t hack:

• Baptiste’s Exo-boots
  • Briggite’s Inspire
  • Doomfit’s The Best Defense…
  • Junkrat’s Total Mayhem
  • Mercy’s Regeneration
  • Reaper’s The Reaping
  • Sombra’s Opportunist
  • Zarya’s Energy

Edit:

• Bastion’s Ironclad ( still works in tank mode )
  • D.Va’s Eject
4 Likes

And Zarya’s and her own, and Mercy’s regeneration passive and Reaper’s the Reaping passive and D.Va’s eject passive, and Junkrat’s Total Mayhem passive

1 Like

She can hack this.

1 Like

Source:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/avzntv/baptiste_being_able_to_use_exoboots_while_hacked/

I wasn’t sure about the exo-boots, so thanks for correcting me.

Yeah, it was a bug that got fixed. And then some people tried to twist the logic of hack to make it seem justified.

Are you pressing a button to control or activate your passive? Is it tied to your primary weapon? If the answer is yes and then no, it’s gonna be disabled. That’s a bit overly simplified but it’s the general logic.

1 Like