Sombra doesn't work as a hero. I made some changes to her, so that she's more interactive

She just doesn’t. Nobody wants to fight her because turns out that pressing right mouse button and making every hero effectively the same aside from hitbox, HP and weaponry is unfun. If Sombra ever became meta, she’d be nerfed instantly.

Sombra applies a Silence effect on Hack, so no abilities can be used. Hack shouldn’t disable abilities, only EMP should. However, I want to change Hack to make it so that the Sombra player gets rewarded for good play AND to make it more interactive.

First, revert all of this ‘infinite duration’ stuff on her abilities, and revert all of the changes in the PTR. Second, make Hack do this:

‘Applies the ‘Hacked’ status effect to enemies. This lasts five seconds. When an enemy uses an ability, they take 75 damage and are Silenced (AKA no more abilities can be used for the remainder of the hack’s duration).’

Thirdly and finally, make a 50 damage limit for Hack to break and for it to be put on Cooldown.

These changes would make Hack a lot more interactive. An enemy would be forced to make a decision- is it worth using an ability and not being able to use any more? Should they just try to duel Sombra and finish her off with an ability, potentially dying in the process due to the flat 75 damage?

Channeled abilities like Sprint, Barrier Shield, etc. would only apply 75 damage and would work for as long as the button is held.

EMP would simply be an AOE Silence effect, it wouldn’t apply the Hacked status effect.

so make EMP useless? wtf are you on

I’m sorry, I’ll simplify it further for you:

EMP WOULD DO THE SAME THING THAT IT DOES. IT APPLIES AN AOE SILENCE, WHICH MEANS YOU CAN’T USE ABILITIES. IT WOULD STAY THE EXACT SAME.

Improvements to Sombra2.0 check out these ideas.

1 Like

Seems redundant to change the wording then. Almost as redundant as this post… and you.

Ooh, RoAsTeD!!!

The wording had to be changed and clarified so that people would understand that while EMP hacks targets, all it does is silence them rather than apply the new status effect. I don’t even know why I’m trying to help you Sombra players (you don’t even play the game, by the way) when all I get are insults.

I didn’t read that as you’re a joke. Nice talking to you tho… and your use of a dead meme.

That’s an insult, don’t you think?
I wouldn’t say the post is ‘redundant’, because it was posted outside of US primetime and it’s how a spell in DOTA 2 (arguably one of the most balanced games of all time) works. You hit an enemy with it, they can cast a single spell, but then they’re silenced and they take damage.

While it doesn’t sound that bad and the 75 damage does sound scary for people to feel like it is powerful, the issue is that it won’t prevent all the 1 hit kill combo mechanics that hack currently disables thus making sombra able to try to duel with anyone.

For instance, Sombra hacks McCree, he throws a flashbang and kills sombra with either a headshot or fan the hammer, he takes 75 damage in the process maybe a bit more depending on how much Sombra could hit him, but ultimately in this situation, your proposed change would make Sombra’s viability a lot worse.

I like this idea Tbh. I’ve played Sombra a total of 275 hours and I can tell you, I like this. I’ve gotten to 4390 playing only Sombra and I play on console btw with a controller and I actually REALLY like it. But your saying that hack, not emp, would only disable abilities not in use, correct. If they were in the use then they wouldn’t be effected. If it’s what I think then I’m all for it. I’m getting ready to be disagreed about xD.

Not at all, she would be able to be able to 1v1 other dps like I already can. I don’t want a passive Sombra in the game. This would add some spice to her kit and be able to kill more people and get her more in line with Tracer and Genji. Although I think the 75 damage is too much and should go by percentage. Ie, 1/4 or 1/5 of the enemies health so that Tracer doesn’t get half her health deleted but also making her somewhat useful against tanks.

This would make her hack nearly useless on higher levels… Sure it sounds fine until people learn not to spam buttong when they get hacked.

Sombra needs consistency, not unreliable gimmicks.

Want her to perform better? Speed up her reload speed, give a threshold for her hack and stealth, something that would make her more consistent.

The hero could work, you just dont want the hero to work in its current state. Thats a difference.

To put it in a sort of flow chart, I’m saying that:

ENEMY IS NOT USING ANY ABILITIES -> ENEMY IS HACKED -> ENEMY USES AN ABILITY -> ENEMY TAKES 75 DAMAGE AND IS SILENCED FROM USING ANY OTHER ABILITIES.

EMP would disable all abilities.

i dont think the problem is the strength of hack its already quite strong and with the damage threshold and the damage from using any abilities means there isnt much counter play to hack anymore either which is a problem, it would make pretty much all tanks and supports useless with sombra around since they would have a lot of difficulty reaching the threshold to stop the hack
also it would encourage a lot of bad sombra plays, for example there would be a lot of people who dive the enemy teams to hack the tank knowing they cant fight back enough then would possibly die to the team fighting her but the tank would die as well so a lot of suicide players would start up as well