Sombra did it guys!

B-but Blizzard just did a rework to make her better! And now she’s worse! How can this be?!

Only with Blizzard’s balancing can they “buff” a character and somehow make them worse than they even started. At the very least, it’s impossible for Symm to get even worse than she is, so she’ll be OPAF coming off the PTR.

1 Like

With popcorn, laughing as they read the forums.

5 Likes

At this point I’m pretty much convinced the only thing that can be done to Sombra is increasing her damage (either by reducing spread or else) and not by making hack better, because that’s what “broke” her in the first place. I mean, if I remember correctly she had one of the highest DPS pick rates in OWL a while back (even with the nerfs / fixes) which leads me to believe something must work there that doesn’t in the ladder, and that probably has to do with how ridiculously strong hack (and by extension EMP) became in the first place, but how that strength exists only if Sombra’s team knows how and when to follow up, which requires Sombra’s team to not only communicate, but understand how her kit works and how to play around it.

As it is right now Sombra is not a solo queue hero, and I think that’s where the problem lies.

1 Like

Uhhh… Sombra is one of the best heros in the game if you know how to play her right

It’s not her meta tho

Shameless link to my 6th bug report on Sombra A list of Sombra's Many, Many Bugs (6), Now with more LOS Bugs!

2 Likes

If you know how to play her right, you’ll get more value out of anyone else on the roster. Her win rates will tell you that.

Actually, a lot of Sombra players foresaw her being trash again when they announced the nerfs.
But who needs feedback from players with experience, right? :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Well I’m sure there was a healthy dose of sarcasm in Fruitlayer’s reply, but if there was any doubt.

Shes fine there are enough threads about this yet please stop making new ones.

Go look at my previous post. Shoot I"ll remake it.

This is a shameless link tomy 6th bug report on Sombra A list of Sombra's Many, Many Bugs (6), Now with more LOS Bugs!

In what universe are all of these bugs fine?

There are these guys called support heroes.

We’ll stop making threads when blizzard shows they actually care. Just acknowledging the bugs would be enough.

3 Likes

Hacked targets need to be more visible to sombra’s team, activating stealth shouldn’t slow sombra down, her translocator could do with reloading her gun.

Healers can work on their own most of the time …. sure, if your team constantly ignores the flanker who farms you in the backline it will not work, but a Sombra requires an instant response from her team. When you distract the enemy team and force them to split up your team needs to push and when you hack someone they need to focus this hero. I had it so many time that i EMPed 5-6 heroes of the enemy team (with countdown) and nothing followed …. everyone is just standing there and has no clue what to do till the hack is gone. And after the fight is lost they are flaming you that Sombra is useless.

Yeah, that playstyle has never worked too well anyways, aside from farming

But now it doesn’t work at all

Nerfed her hack because pros (that make up <0.1% of the player base) cried.

They just couldn’t accept Tracer having an actual counter. :cry:

1 Like

You can’t balance OW and OWL anyway …. you compare players who always play with the same people with players who solo or small group queue.

Just had a crazy idea. What if Sombra was given a new buff to her hacking, which could work on her teammates, giving them an override/overclock on their own abilities. It could give them a damage buff, or could be programmed to reduce cooldown times. Just a thought.

That woul be nice, but it is most likely to strong …. devs would never allow it.