Sombra Changes I want to see

Blizzard have specifically said, several times, that they don’t view Sombra as a flanker and how they didn’t design her kit for flanking. She is a disruptor.

We don’t expect Sombra to ever be a vicious assassin. Even though she is in the ‘offensive’ category we could just as well see her in the ‘support’ category. We see her more as a disruptor rather than a flanker or assassin. Our goal is not to make Sombra kill people quicker. That’s not what we’re interested in […]
-Jeff Kaplan

But by all means, do tell me more about how you know more about Sombra design than the people who actually created her.

Did you even read the post? I really think you didn’t.

Flanker =/= assassin, and I have said several times in this thread that these changes don’t turn her into an assassin. These changes LOWER her damage and REDUCE her ability to kill things quickly, exactly in-line with what the devs have stated their intentions for her are. That post by Jeff was my reference point for coming up with this idea.

All a flanker is is somebody who fights from the flanks. An assassin is a flanker, but a flanker is not an assassin. I’m suggesting to focus Sombra’s kit into being a different kind of flanker, a skirmisher, designed to disrupt the enemy from the flanks,

1 Like

I love it. You accuse me of not reading beacuse your clearly failed to to read the post. That’s just gold. Kaplan specifically mentioned flanker AND assassins.

No. That’s not what you said. You said. And I quote:

And you trying to redefine the definition of flanker in order to save face is just hillarious. “Well by flanker I just meant that she is in the flank, like a disruptor that fight from the flank”. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You’re arguing for semantics, I’m arguing for what the devs intended.

What part of reduced damage and increased range makes you think I want her to be what you call a flanker (which is synonymous with “assassin”)?

No, you stated that Sombra IS and was designed as a flanker. I give you a clear quote from Jeff Kaplan him self saying the exact opposite. That’s not semantics, that’s you caught in a lie.

Except you’re not. In fact I would argue that everything you’re saying is against their intended design. You trying to change the meaning of words and claiming it’s ‘semantics’ doesn’t change reality.

1 Like

What you’re saying only makes me think you didn’t read anything beyond the word “flanker” and decided to jump on it and cling to it. I personally define a flanker as a character who does their job from the flanks, whatever that job may be. Jeff Kaplan and I have different definitions of what that particular word means. That is semantics.

However, he did state his intentions for Sombra quite clearly: They’re not interested in increasing her damage or allowing her to kill people quicker, and that I agree with. That’s what the changes I’ve suggested are all about.

So I’ll ask you again, and I hope you don’t avoid the question this time.

What part of these changes makes you think that I want Sombra to be an assassin? Because from my perspective, these changes go in the entirely opposite direction from making her a Tracer clone and go exactly with what the devs prescribed for her in the dev quote you so graciously provided.

1 Like