Sombra change, discussion

What if hack lasted a little bit less and also applied a discord like effect to the target?
Even just 20% damage amp.
Maybe also the hacked target can be seen through walls by allies.

Damage amp doesn’t even necessarily need to be included to EMP, but could also be a nice change :man_shrugging:t2:

I’m pretty sure hack currently lasts 6 seconds.

I propose it lasts 4 instead, and amps damage against the hacked target.

1 Like

In most scenarios, hacking someone leads to a 1v1 (Unless they have a coordinated team, but this is overwatch, get real). All your opponent has is their primary fire, the same as you. You either win the duel or translocate to safety. It becomes a matchup of who wins based on skill and hitboxes.

Sombra doesn’t really need to have an extra +20% damage on her hacks. This might not hurt characters TOO much if they’re small DPS, as they will still have the superior gun regardless, but think about who this really hurts. Tanks. And also Zenyatta. Tanks already suffer enough, and they really don’t need to be shut down by Sombra any more than they already are.

At a 0.24% pick rate I have to question how much tanks are actually being shut down by Sombra.
I agree with just about everything you said, but isn’t shutting things down sort of her goal?

I use Sombra to counter team comps that rely on specific heroes, and make sure that individual never gets their value off.

I rarely ever use Sombra though, that’s just how I’ve always viewed her kit.

1 Like

IF Sombra gets the changes she actually needs and becomes viable (hopefully for longer than 2 weeks), she’ll be a NIGHTMARE for tanks. On live, a Sombra is already a sore spot for tanks. With the extra damage on them, they’ll be bursted down even faster, which is already ridiculously fast.

Sombra needs to be better at fighting her fellow DPS rather than tanks. The best way to do this would be to tighten her spread a bit more to let her more easily handle their smaller hitboxes. Tanks don’t need to be bullied any harder. I mean, think about it.

Of the six current tanks, 2 can reliably shut down hack: Hog and D.Va. Rein and Winston are limited by range, Zarya needs to find her and then AIM for her (unlike the other two due to their massive spread), and Orisa has slow, projectile bullets.

Against hack, Rein, Winston, Hog, and D.Va all become sitting ult batteries. Orisa probably had a shield up anyway, so she’s fine-ish (her critbox is massive anyway you don’t even need to hack her), and Zarya isn’t so terrible-off because of her smaller hitbox and lower healthpool. The rest feed. SO. HARD. Extra damage on them only makes this worse, and then the tanks revolt, and then she gets gutted again.

No, we don’t want this we don’t need any of this.

Are you the spokesperson for the 0.24% of people currently playing her?

We’re one, most of us agree on things like this that make no sense.

More damage from behind someone like Loki from Smite would be interesting and cool though. If they added that instead of the current changes then I guarantee everyone would be excited except for Zen mains, they would cry.

Check out my thread: Improvements to Sombra2.0

1 Like