Sombra balance changes from a Sombra main

Well for all intents and purposes, these changes are supposed to increase her uptime and make her more aggressive.

But i still think by base design Sombra isnt a brawler, but a tactician.
You still need to time your hack and EMP’s anyways. So some form of wait time is always there.

So it would work almost like healing. Like when you’re playing Ana, your bullets go through fully healed targets and your LoS isnt blocked. If you have, say a D.Va at full health and a Rein in front of her, at half health, the bullet will go through the D.Va and heal the Rein.

I would love it, if Hack worked like that. I have, accidentally, hackef the same target 2 times in a row, without meaning to. So, I would actually consider this a buff, not nerf.

Overall, I like your idea.

Another thing I would change is either:

1. Make it so Sombra isnt pulled out of Stealth by just any damage. Instead, make it a threshold, like a certain percent of her health bar, so one stray bullet doesnt just pull her out of Stealth, like it does now.

OR

1. Keep the “Any Damage Pulls Sombra out of Stealth” thing, but let us at least Contest while invisible. Not being able to Contest and being pulled out of Stealth by even 1 Damage, sucks.

OR

1. While I would prefer the first or second option, I would settle for at least putting stealth on a shorter cooldown. So, this way, if we can’t contest while Stealthy and still must be pulled out of Stealth, by even 1 Damage, than at least let us go back to being invisible, faster

Absolutely. I do it myself when the enemy has a game winning ult like Nano Blade or DVA Bomb. It’s hack, wait 6 seconds, EMP, wait 6 seconds, then hack again. Most people give up and stop moving at this point.

This will severely nerf sombra in Total Mayhem since her main purpose is to bully the Doomfist that is constantly spamming his ability which is honestly where the complain about chain hacking comes from. You want to hack them every CD to ensure they don’t get away despite already being in the hack state. In a regular game, it rarely happens, and it’s just exaggerated to how frequent it is. Most often, they are free of hack but still survive, so Sombra hack them again during cleanup duty.

It’s similar to how the forum exaggerated Scatter Arrow kill rate, saying it’s a free kill every CD even though it was statistically balance.

Total Mayhem is of no concern regarding balance changes. The whole point of that mode is to be an unbalanced mess.

1 Like

Than you should pay no concern to the current complainers about chain hacking.

What is the main problem is CC chaining from stun, boop, freeze, hack, etc. all together. You’re really just singling it out to Sombra’s hack. This is what most complainers who complain about Sombra wants the most, to put the blame on Sombra for all the CC chaining. They did the same with Briggite when the sustain is due to having 3 AoE heal stack on top of each other.

People are always trying to find a single thing to put the blame on, when it is the cause of multiple things happening at once or in sequence.

What they can do is one of 3 things instead of touching Sombra due to complains from heroes Somra counters:

1. Make Zarya’s bubble remove hack. This also means her self-bubble should neglect hack and EMP.
  2. Replace Mercy’s Res with a cleansing ability and up her ST HoT. (Like the next example, this ability should be non-hackable.)
  3. Create a new support hero who main role is to counter CC using a 3 stack 10s cd ability to cleanse allies and self. (This ability cannot be hacked.)

If I were to pick, rather wasting time or balancing the current roster delicately, it is better they introduce more hero as soon as possible. The first example will just makes GOAT stronger.

So for 12 seconds they just hang around not shooting at you?

When I EMP I get focus fire from the enemy team so a second hack just isn’t possible, or I need to translocate out so it will likely be over 6 seconds before I’m in a position to hack again.

I play aggressive Sombra in team fights, so they can’t really afford to focus me or use abilities due to the threat of me translocating and getting them killed from behind with no defenses.

The only time you enter a battle without having trandlocator as an escape is if you used it to initiate an emp. That’s very niche

What he means is that you place translocators in a way on high ground where it can serve both as an escape or quick access to the fight again.

Which is way better than the beginner mistake which many Sombras do is just placing the translocator directly on healthpacks. As Sombra you want to place it to have options.
If you make every translocation a soft reset then you dont get anything done.

I like it. Reducing Hack times is good in my book (I see it as CC and I’m warring against that).

When I play aggressive I play really aggressive, often being the one initiating each push with a hack or EMP and then diving into the mayhem. But I almost always get focused first.

I agree with that nerf. It feels fair, specially with that better visual for hacked targets.

wait did they nerf her on ptr?
are you serious?
I am starting to main her D:

No they didn’t?

20 char

Nah, it is a nerf we are discussing in exchange for buffs(in this case you cannot hack already hacked people, in exchange for better visuals, team wall hacks for hacked characters, and faster movement speed).

THANK GOD I AM GETTING HER GOLDEN GUN SOON <3
when i get good at her

1 Like

wait so she got buffed how or can you show me the patch notes. I didnt see any patch notes on bnet last I check

Well good luck xD

Sombra is alot of fun.

She did not get buffed nor nerfed, for gripes sakes, we are discussing hypotetical buffs and nerf.

2 Likes