[SOLVED] Several monthlong error BLZBNTBGS80000011

hello there,
i cant go online in the Battlenet Launcher which keeps me from being able to play Overwatch.

the error that I get goes by the name of BLZBNTBGS80000011.
there is no real explanation to what the error actually is or what causes it.

I have tried every “solution” there is. none fixing it.

• release, renew flush dns
  • deinstall everything related to battle.net and reinstalling a fresh version
  • looking into the hosts file
  • checking firewalls and disabling antivirus programs
  • powercycling my devices
  • a bunch of other things i cant remember.

the only thing that is working is using an vpn to log in and play.
but that isn’t very favorable since it decreases my connection speed and it is also very annoying to go through.

so I’d assume my Ip adress is blocked by the game for which I didn’t get a notification or email. If that’s the case I also don’t know how long I am blocked.

If anyone has an Idea what the problem might be I’d be happy to hear about it.
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hey there,

If a VPN works to bypass the error, this means that the problem is between your internet provider and the Blizzard servers. Our servers don’t block individual IP addresses, so it wouldn’t be anything like that causing issues. Most likely it is just a brief outage in your area that affects your connection to Battle.net, or there’s something configured incorrectly on your ISP’s end that is causing this.

I would recommend contacting your internet provider to have them look into this for you, and in the meantime using the VPN is the best temporary solution until the underlying problem can be cleared up.

hey Jambrix.
Thank you for the fast response. seems logical what you are saying. I will try to contact my provider.
again thanks and have a nice day.

EDIT: I actually figured it out, my router IPv4-Firewall was set to medium. when I set it to low it put me as online immediately. thanks for giving me a shove in the right direction.

This was exactly my problem and your solution fixed it thank you