Solo Tanks and Supports

1-3-2 is a bad idea too.

So your mindset is to hold a majority hostage at the implacable whims of a minority. People like you should simply be run over.

Why do you say that? I don’t really like it myself, but if done correctly I think it could work at least as well as 222 has

I’m kinda down for 4-1-1

Imagine how strong and more fun to play could tanks and supports become.

Sad thing is that we’d probably lose off tanks and off healers.

But imagine Zenyatta with 5 healing orbs and 2 discords or 50 hps Lucio’s aura.

It would be interesting but I think it would cause unnecessary balance issues.

I could use some spare lawsuit change feel free brah

saying a 5 minute queue is holding dps players hostage is high camp dude I wait 20+ minutes for BGs. The secret? do other stuff in the meantime. Fill occasionally.

1 Like

Because 2-2-2 doesn’t work well either. There’s a way to have all these options without the queue times. Buffing a subset of heroes would also make them more attractive while limiting them opens up slots for the hybrids many prefer.

I don’t think the forum servers can handle the flood of complaints about Zenyatta being “OP”.

Off tanks probably right, but with supports it would more likely be we lose single target supports. Mercy, Ana, and Zen would need more work to be able to solo heal a whole team than ones who already have aoe heals

All you’re doing is demonstrating the point. The developers need to realize they have many stupid, selfish players in their community who are primarily passengers.

Stupid is a little far. I wouldn’t call the people too impatient to wait five minutes while watching Youtube or something for a queue to pop stupid. That’s not very nice to them, mon frere.

You’re not losing anything, least of all off tanks. You’re even promoting their use by capping main tanks. 1-4-1 is not even the aim, and there is no rigid composition suggested here. Once more, all varieties of 3-2-1 and 2-2-2 without role queue.

The balance changes aren’t such a big deal as people imagine, granted development isn’t thick-headed. I could’ve demonstrated but the in-game options are too limited.

I was responding to their specific comment only talking about 141

Which is obviously a bad idea.

There used to be a lot more supports and tanks before they destroyed the balance.

The only people who like mercy Moira brig are a specific subset that play only those heroes. A lot of people were down to fill on Ana or zen or lucio. No one wants to fill on mercy Moira Brigitte. On top of that, the Ana zen lucio mains got pushed out of the game because of those heroes. No one wants to play if you know you will be outdone by something easier.

On top of that, making those heroes meta pushed the game in a direction that tank players didn’t enjoy. Especially Brigitte. Goats was ez mode tanking. Plus No rein wants to get bullied by a mercy main on a hero that is rein on training wheels. Not to mention all the Winston and dva mains getting pushed out by her.

On top of that it broke the game so hard blizzard tried to counter it with the easiest cheesiest tank counter dps and no player wants to tank into reaper mei holding left click freezing walling melting.

All of these problems could have been avoided with better balance but it’s too late now and there is no solution because the playerbase abandoned blizzard after blizzard abandoned them.

It is, but I like to discuss and theorize

1 Like

Question: If Blizz could make solo tanking worth it, or even just bearable, shouldn’t they be able to do it now for 2-2-2 as well?

Easier said than done of course, but I bet it’s gonna be easier than for solo tanking.

1 Like

Juggernaut solotank and now add damage boost in any form.
How much do DPS hate strong tanks?

Dude, the whole point of making solo tanking “worth it” is so a disproportionate player population doesn’t have to queue for 2-2-2. You could also limit shields and open up more room for heroes like Zarya, Roadhog, and D. Va.

Can someone explain to me what the hell I just read?

Any solo role would need substantial buffs
Tanks deal already a ton of damage, if you now add a damage boost to to a buffed tank you will have an overpowered tank

We have role queue and it’s here to stay.
Any flex role would not work because of potential big SR discrepancy between the Roles

Jesus Christ, help me.