Solo que climb out of gold is near impossible

I didnt think it was your only strat :stuck_out_tongue: But yeah its good that you dont have ā€œsetā€ starts before game starts. You should always consider map, your team and enemy team like you said.

All these posts without vods being reviewed, but making claims that the match maker is garbage. Sure, itā€™s not perfect. Not every game is perfect. I tend to have more leavers on my team than the enemy team (or so it feels), but my vod reviews always net results that improve SR.

It is possible if you are decent/good, but it just takes a while because gold has an insane variation of skills these days. In S13, without mic I ran from 2245 - 2383 in around 90 games with ~56% win rate, and if I didnā€™t queue on weekend I would have had 60% win rate and would have hit 2.5k already.

When i queued with some friends it was a cakewalk (but we didnā€™t play long (3 games), they are both high plat so I got games in 2.6-2.7k range). Honestly though from 2.3k all the way to 2.7k it is not that much different. The one team average 2.8k game I somehow got stumbled on with them is a real difference and you can feel it throughout.

Anyways, believe me on this, if you are a plat level player, you will be close to plat +/- maybe 100 SR ish due to leavers/trolls/weekend allstar dps warriors. But in terms of actual fun, yea not so much, you have to constantly figure out who is the weakest link on your team and do everything you can to babysit them. This is either
1). typing nice stuff in chat to keep people from tilting
2). ask them politely not to be doing silly things over and over
3). switch to counter when needed/help the weakest link to do their job
4). Doing all 1-3 while playing to your best abilities
5). Pick a meta hero, get really good with him/her and most likely people will see you carry hard enough to give you resources to do more carrying; some games are unwinnable, but some games you can make a difference

i will probably give S14 another shot once tank nerfs are live.

Mics are good to have but definitely not necessary in gold. Just my 2cent

Unless you work for Blizzard, you actually donā€™t know how MMR is exactly determined.

It either feels that way and is the opposite, or you are causing it. There are more people out of your control on the other team, so in the long run you gain SR from leavers (unless you drive your teammates to ragequit).

The fact that you think Sombra SINā€™T a viable Pharrah counter on some maps means you cl;early donā€™t play Sombra enough to know that you certainly can.

You get to high ground and hack her out of the air. Not that hard. Some maps you cant do it, others you can. Purely situational based on the map and the skill of that Sombra. It is definitely possible on many maps with high ground or enclosed areas where she wont be that high off the ground.

It is especially viable here in Gold since most Pharrahs donā€™t know how to manage their elevation and they fly low.

And no. Nothing went over my head. You just used a really bad example.

Even if you work for blizz its highly likely that you dont still know how the MMR exactly works. I bet only a handful of people knows.

Dude, I promise you that I play Sombra at a much higher level than you do. The fact that you are actually trying to tell me how to play Sombra is actually laughable, considering you are hard stuck in low gold whereas I have generally been midplat for the last year maintaining high win rates with my characters. The only reason I havenā€™t gotten to diamond yet is because I pretty much stopped playing the game for a long time and recently picked it up as my main game again (note how I actually use a legitimate excuse for not having climbed, instead of blaming the system). Now that I am playing the game on a regular basis again, I promise you I will get to diamond this season (considering I have an 85% win rate with Ashe in plat so far) and Iā€™ve been trying to help youā€¦ But keep attacking me and stay hard stuck in gold forever, while telling yourself it is impossible to get out of gold. I give up on offering you advice

The only shield you can break with any decency is Orisa shield. Full on hip fire and it gets really low.

I dont flank much with Ashe unless its a KOTH map. I mostly toss my dynamite and just get people burning as much as possible and get Bob for the push. Sniping where needed to pick people off.

A lot of my gameplay has been mostly countering flankers and defending healers with coachgun. Been seeing a lot of Genjis and Dynamite works so well on him and Tracer. Last count I remember was I had gotten 4 Bobs before the second objective crossing on Blizzard World. Maybe got 3 or 4 more after that cause we had bgot to Overtime before the 3rd objective.

Bob is so amazing. His power is crazy but that is kind of balanced by how easy it is to deal with him with CC.

It works here in Gold. Not denying that it changes as you go up in tiers. The fact that you blatantly deny that it is in fact POSSIBLE is completely absurd.

There have been Tracers who get Pulse Bombs sticks on Pharrahs mid air on maps with high ground. And Tracer isnā€™t a Pharrah counter.

ā€œI play at a much higher level than you.ā€ You are less than 400 SR above me right now. Some difference. I have been on the verge of Plat half a dozen times. I have had plenty of Plat players tell me that I should be in Plat!! You are just arrogant. You are a hairs breath from Gold rank.\

I would easily be Plat if not for leavers throwers and general player incompetence in 7 out of every 10 matches.

Ya, right NOW, on this account I am. I have multiple accounts. Do you want to place a wager on who is going to climb higher this season? There is a big difference between a player that has ā€œbeen on the verge of platā€ but could never get in and a player that has gotten into plat on all of their accounts and done so easily. Iā€™ve been on the verge of diamond btw (2840 SR) but like I said, I lost interest in the game for a long time so I havenā€™t made it into diamond yet

On one account, I got to plat with a 70+% win rate with soldier. On another account, Iā€™ve gotten to plat with a 70+% win rate with zen. On this account Iā€™m in plat with an 85% win rate.

Can you not tell the difference between a player with those stats vs a player who came close to plat a few times but considers it impossible to get there? Like I said, I was TRYING to help you get into plat, as I obviously know how. But not anymore, as you do nothing but make excuses and belittle the people trying to help you.

Btw Iā€™ve had people tell me that I had the mechanical skill of a masterā€™s player. Doesnā€™t matter that they said it, you arenā€™t a plat player unless you actually get into plat. Just like Iā€™m not a masterā€™s player unless I actually get into masters

80% winrate on Asheā€¦still low Plat after 20 matches and 4 hours. GG.

I get 200 SR in a matter oif hours. Then lose it due to leavers throwers etc.

I have proven I can climb. Crapshoot matchmaker FTW.

Alright. Just mark it down, Iā€™m going to post in this thread again, once I get into diamond, because I know the matchmaker is not rigged to prevent it. When that happens, I look forward to hearing what your next excuse will be

There are far more people who agree with me than those that agree with you. Only people who agree with you are just as arrogant and self serving using crappy logical arguments to justify their attitude.

Iā€™ll see you post back here when you fall short of Diamond by 14 SR and then lose 200 more SR. Make sure you let us know exactly how that happened.

I solo queued from gold to plat like 3ish seasons ago and am now diamond.
You not improving is not your teammates fault

4 games is not enough to make difference. Play consistent, be good, communicate, even if other donā€™t. Yes, it does involve baby sitting and calming people sometimes but in long run it will help you. Also, flex if necessary. I have lost games because everyone refused to play anything else but dps - such comp does not work in most cases.
As many said, if you are in gold, you will be facing gold players for most part as well. If you think you are better, then punish them for mistakes.

I was forced to play support in gold because nobody else wants, i have soloed half of enemy team at timesā€¦ as flipping support (while keeping my team aliveā€¦ Zen or Moira are great for that btw). It made all the difference so eventually i got out of gold.

Other thing i feel people forget, OW is an objective game. You can have all gold medals in kills and damage and all and not have pushed payload by millimeter.

OH, AND DO NOT PLAY ON WEEKENDS/HOLIDAYS!!! All kind of (simply bad and donā€™t care, trolls, leavers) players play at those times. The skill on teams is then so variable you just canā€™t make up for it.

No thereā€™s not. Youā€™re just closed minded so you block out everyone who disagrees with you. Youā€™re low gold SR because youā€™re a low gold player.

Yes? And if you play equal or better than the SR reflect you will by default get more wins over time. How hard is that to comprehend?

Itā€™s the same for everyone, like you donā€™t think any of the 11 other people in your games have the same experiences with laddering as you do and encounter leavers, throwers, griefers and whatnot at about the same rate as you do?
Youā€™re not special or alone. .

After reading the whole thread, there are far more people who disagree with you, and support the concept of improving your own play rather than QQā€™ing about a matchmaker that works for ā€œeveryone but youā€. Everyone deals with 5 randoms on their team and 6 randoms on the other, and it is naive to assume that in a game like Overwatch 100%, or even 50% of your experience comes from anyone but you.

The matchmaker, regardless of itā€™s accuracy and precision or any knowledge of the actual mechanism of determination, groups you with people who are around the same skill as you give or take 100 SR, in less than 2 minutes. That means, in a given 10 match day, you play with around 100 different people who play at a similar level than you do. If you can honestly tell me that you are better than 100 other people of similar skill, and are not climbing as a result, the only common denominator is you.

Maybe you are a platinum player with the worlds worst luck, or maybe youā€™re a high gold player who is right where you are supposed to be. Regardless of how good you think you are, everyone plays on the same matchmaker, and everyone is assigned a rank based on their skill level. Yours is 2100, my friendā€™s is 2700, and Iā€™m 2400 (placed 2100).

Try and stop blaming others, and spend that time improving what you bring to the table. I write down every mistake I make, and make a point of improving one thing every day, and my habit is gaining me ~100 SR per season.

The system works. It may not be completely fair, and it may not be what you want to see, but it works. Blaming others for your mistakes on the other handā€¦ Howā€™s that going for you?

Yet another rank shaming schmuck.

Go search the thread history instead of acting like an immature troll.

Have fun with your delusion.