Solo que climb out of gold is near impossible

Thanks for not inputting anything into the conversation at all.

Oh. I forgot to mention. Any time iā€™ve ever ranked up and felt semi-satisfied with my rank was due to insta-locking one of my very best heroes and thatā€™s it. Skip playing any hero you donā€™t absolutely destroy with. I see you play lots of Tanks and Heals so thatā€™s GREAT because you wonā€™t have to fight anyone to get your mains.

Oh, iā€™m on my alt. My main was low gold and ranked up to about 2650 by insta-locking D.VA my main since launch.

Man, shut up. Youā€™re the type that make this game trash. It isnā€™t about being good. Itā€™s about being LUCKY and knowing who to block, enemy and ally alike. Gold rank players are not capable of team work. Go down to gold rank and check it out for yourself. Unless youā€™re a GM, youā€™re not getting out without pure luck.

Itā€™s pretty straight forward really, perform equal or better to what your SR expects and you will climb.
Itā€™s a marathon not a sprint, some days you play better and some days you play worse and teammates will be both good and bad, this goes for all people pretty much and is the same in all games.

The biggest mistake people do is getting hang up about their SR/rank. It will more than likely tilt you when something goes wrong and keep you from having fun due to being too focused on a number.

Started 1600 in my first comp season. Finished last season 3800. Git gud and quit blaming others.

1 Like

i placed 1990 in season 2
im now 3250
its very much you, not the mmr.

1 Like

I agree with many in the forum. I placed Silver a few seasons back. Now I float between Plat and Diamond, and even then I have obvious room for improvement which is usually hindered by me getting a little bored and picking other heroes or trying to fill with heroes I canā€™t play.

One thing I learned, is to play to my strengths, that is, to play a variety of heroes and see which ones Iā€™m actually good at, rather than play the ones I wish I was good at, when the winrates speak for themselves.

I find Ana really fun, but my 27% winrate suggests I really canā€™t play her. Orisa is a niche character, but my win rate is 65% consistently and Iā€™m a top 100 Orisa.

I donā€™t feel like I do anything differently, yet it seems clear that what I do with her works, what I do with Ana doesnā€™t.

EDIT
Thought iā€™d add my Orisa Herobuff stats incase people think iā€™m BS
Overbuff - MozartsGhost-21337

Also Overbuff is a great way to compare your stats to see where youā€™re lacking with your hero.

1 Like

I wonā€™t say ā€œGit Gudā€ i believe you ARE good. Youā€™re here on the forums expressing the same frustration a lot of players feel. You look around and see a Winston jumping off the mapā€¦ 3 times. Why is he in your rank? Who knows.

In the end, iā€™ve come to accept it. I believe the system will let you rank up if you keep at it on your absolute best heroes.

And thenā€¦ you can play with idiots up in Plat too! Itā€™s supposedly like that in every rank, so try to enjoy the games in the moment and keep working to improve. Youā€™ll rank up!

I agree that itā€™s not easy to climb out of gold. It can be extremely frustrating when you feel like youā€™re doing everything you can and you still donā€™t win. Iā€™ve just recently climbed out of gold and the advice people have given me that helped was

1. When youā€™re using your ult think ā€œwill this win us the team fightā€. Donā€™t throw your ult all willy nilly.
  2. Donā€™t instantly get tilt if your teams running a wonky comp. Yeah teams of 4 dps happen and itā€™s super aggravating but try to encourage people to play what their most confident with and work with them. 4 dps is aggravating but itā€™s better to have a good dps instead of forcing someone thatā€™s never played tank play Reinhardt
  3. Keep a close eye on your positioning as well as the enemy. This you probably already know, but dying as little as possible is super imoprtant.
  4. Overall try to keep a positive outlook. Itā€™s so easy to see other people making silly mistakes and want to call them out, but positivity wins games I promise!! Complement peopleā€™s good plays, itā€™ll motivate further good plays!

I may sound like a broken record but these things truely helped me when I started looking at my own mistakes and listening to friends advice. Yes it can seem like youā€™re teammates are really bad sometimes, but the enemy is making mistakes as well. Capitalize on those mistakes! Best of luck on your future matches :blush:

1 Like

I can understand your frustration, for most of my ranked career I was either Mid Plat to Low Diamond.

I took a long break due to life, took the time to do the research and reacquaint myself with the game. Practiced. Since placing gold about 2 to 3 season ago, Iā€™ve been stuck there.

I miss setting up plays, I miss ult combos. I miss fun communication between players.

Iā€™m so frustrated with the current state of the game. I donā€™t want to have to keep telling Reins not to hold their shields up needlessly to enemy fire. I donā€™t want to have to keep telling players on who to focus. I do not want to be my teams coach. I just want to play.

Not to mention all of the trolls, leavers and completely broken two - three stack smurfs who just finished throwing 30 games to drop SR. I mean there are literal LFG groups with intentions of throwing in their titles.

Honestly it frustrates me so much, because overwatch is a game I loved and to feel so powerless to what it is today is just defeating. I took a long break and came back recently, but honestly I donā€™t think I shouldā€™ve ever come back.

1 Like

this is a false statement. I climbed from 1900 to 4.3k over the past two years.

Captain obvious doesnā€™t know what sarcasm is.

And that is also dependant on winning because you do nbot gain SR by losing matches time and time again, often due to incompetent players, throwers, leavers and toxic people who make you so angry that it effects your performance.

Take your fallacies somewhere else.

Well wanna make bet? Im not even close to GM. Get me lets say 10 gold accounts so luck factor is out, right? Ill climb all of them out of gold. Prolly takes 2 weeks or so, a day or so per account. You pay for the accounts and you pay me 25,000$ if I can do it. If I cant do it Ill pay you 50,000$. Deal?

Lmao, thatā€™s a bold claim.

I have literally climbed 4 accounts straight out of gold with a 70%+ win rate on most of the heroes Iā€™ve done it with and Iā€™m only a mid diamond player (at most). The system is not out to get you and it can be done if you donā€™t deserve to be thereā€¦sometimes you are not as good as you think and blinded by that. No seriously, have someone review your gameplayā€¦you will be more than surprised mistakes others can pickout that you can not see. Other than that, just complain the system is broken and stay in goldā€¦

I want in. I want in :stuck_out_tongue:

Bold? I would consider it a bold claim that you can only climb out of gold if you are either lucky or gm.

You have no idea how the MMR/SR system works, but if youā€™re so sure of yourself let me know when youā€™ll be streaming so I could watch :smile:

Gimme accounts, 5k a pop out of gold.