Solo que climb out of gold is near impossible

One thing that I notice healers that have high healing numbers but lose a lot of games is that they tunnel vision on their tank and only heal them. This makes their healing numbers very high but also causes the team to lose as they are not being effective in their role. if the dps and other healer never get heals, it makes near impossible for them to do their job effectively

You said in your OP, that your teammates are spamming they need healing, that is a big indicator that you are not healing effectively. They aren’t doing it to annoy you, it’s because a dps that is low health can’t engage in battle until they are back to full health and want you to heal them so they can contribute to the fight or they are about to die and are in immediate need of assistance

1 Like

Rofl.

2 Likes

If his true skill level is equal to diamond ELO, he will absolutely be matched against diamond players smurfing in gold. Real gold player would not have the stats to face him because it wouldn’t be fair. The “smurfs” in this ELO range are almost always high plat or low diamond players. Occasionally a master or higher player shows up, almost always a twitch streamer with a mercy pocket.

That’s not how rankings work though.

Like, at all.

Smurfs in gold are treated like any other gold player, and thus get placed against gold tier players. That’s how they smurf in the first place.

Fact of the matter is OP is getting teamed with and against golds in most of his games, but can’t punish the enemy for their gold level mistakes.

2 Likes

I never solo queue for competitive anymore. It is too random and usually not a fun experience. I queue with friends and use LFG to fill the team. When I LFG, I make mic a requirement and put that in the group title. If somebody without a mic joins, I kick them. When I do have a full team I talk with them to make sure we are all on the same page BEFORE we queue.

Having said all that - you can still lose matches and lose matches with all the golds possible. Queuing only as a full team has not dramatically increased my win percentage. I am climbing slowly still.

So why do I group with friends plus fill with LFG anyways? Because I enjoy the challenge of actually working with a team. I want to enjoy my matches (win or lose). Solo queue does not feel fun for me even when we win. It just feels like a grind where every other match is infested with bad attitudes.

^ This

It really is that simple.

I bet you currently wreck silvers if you were ever put in a silver match. If you think you belong in plat, surely you’d wreck golds? But you aren’t?

2 Likes

Naivete or disinformation. I am unsure of which. matchmaking works like gym class. they don’t put Michael Jordan on a team without finding Larry Bird to pit against him. It just wouldn’t be fair.

And how exactly do you think the game differentiates the Micheal Jordons from the highschoolers?

And do you somehow think those talented high schoolers jump straight into the NBA? Or do they need to prove their talents against high schoolers first and work their way up?

If you’re a gold player I bet it is hard. The same way climbing out of masters as a masters player would be hard.

3 Likes

Nah the ladder is meant that you keep climbing until everyone is t500 5000sr. Otherwise its broken stupid system.

2 Likes

Gold Comp in my experience is equal to having aids.

I was 2200 last season. Ended 3050. Not impossible. Learn what mmr is. Work on that dont worry about sr.

1 Like

You are right. Medals don’t matter. WInning matters.

So think about this.

You have 70 eliminations as a DPS. This is REGARDLESS of what hero that is. You are getting good value from your ultimates, killing their healers, communicating well, yet you lose.

You lost because the enemy Reaper is on fire and killing the Winston who is diving in solo and dying to the Reaper feeding his ultimate.

You lost because the Moira is DPSing during team fights when they should be healing.

You lost because the Zen popped his ult to save his own hide when he was alone.

You lost because Mercy was positioned poorly and made bad choices to revive teammates who also had poor positioning.

You can do EVERYTHING right by yourself and STILL lose.

The major issue is the matchmaker. It does NOT take your specific performance into account. It only looks at an arbitrary average number based on your GLOBAL statistics. The matchmaker should EXCLUDE any hero you have spent less than 2 hours on into its calculations. Especially when that player is asked to play a hero they do not normally play, because to avoid a conflict or being reported they want to be cooperative. So your team suffers and so does your MMR because you are on a hero you do not normally play.

This is a team based game. Some people are required to switch heros when they are heavily countered. People who DO switch get punished for it in their MMR, and people who DON’T switch can’t be punished because of Blizzards horrible stance about not being blamed for playing a hero poorly in a Competitive gameplay mode!!

It cant work BOTH ways!!
This is why we the MatchMaker needs to be changed!!!

I for one am sick and tired of getting matched with players who do not perform at the same level that I do. I can always identify who they are based on the killfeed and visual observation of my team.

Ok but you would have to watch his match to determine that to be the case. He might be doing everything right, but if his team is NOT capitalizing on his picks and the team dies or the enemy has the chance to regroup because of their inaction then thats NOT his fault!!

if I snipe the Mercy and I get a chest shot on the Zen, and our Winston doesn’t jump on that Zen and kill him as soon as he can, thats not my fault. I communicated that Mercy was dead and Zen was low. This is why most teams lose because communication is either not made, not heard due to people not being in voice chat, or people genuinely do NOT care because the “work on yourself” mentality is a fallacy in a TEAM based game!!!

2 Likes

THIS.

But people just rebuttal with, if you can’t carry and go 1v6 then your in the rank you belong.

2 Likes

I know. It is a major fallacy.

And here is the RUB!! You DO realize, that any of those “High School” basketball players who eventually make it to the NBA are COORDINATING and COOPERATING with his team to get there??? Your analogy just proved that TEAMWORK matters.

Yep its a major fallacy that you need to carry 1v6 in order to rank up. But you dont understand what people say when they say you need to be able to carry even tho they explain it. Carrying does not mean 1v6. But you stubborn kids like to say it means 1v6 so you can brag that you belong on a higher tier while your stuck on rank X because you cant just carry 1v6.

First of all, drop the attitude.

Second, I am not a kid. I am 33.

Third. I never said you have to 1v6 carry.

Nobody can “carry” when your entire team does not support you, and most teams fail due to having bad comms, comms breakdowns (people getting frustrated or toxic and leaving VC) or complete lack of comms.

Nobody HAS to carry to win. More teams win with coordination rather than raw skill.

9 times out of 10 the teams in Gold have no comms because I as a ssolo queuer get paired with 2 stacks and 3 stacks who refuse to join VC. So there is a complete lack of communication between me and them as well as between those 2 groups.

Blizzard needs to change the matchmaker to ONLY group soloqueuers with other solo queuers, group 2 stacks with other 2 stacks, 3 stacks and 6 man groups. No 4 mans paired with a 2 stack or 2 solo, no 5 mans matched with 1 solo queuer. That would easily balance out the matchmaker. Why? because you would not have massive communication gaps between solo queuers.

This is a team based game. No team can succeed when there is no communication.

Well you agreed with the guy saying 1v6 or get out.

If you cant carry you end up around 50% win rate at the rank where you belong. Its just that simple. You need to be able to carry in order TO RANK UP, not in order to win a single match.

And are you saying enemies are always in comms? Or does the theory apply to them too? If so, exploit it. If not, then your just dishonest.

Well a 6stack que would be nice, but it wouldnt change anything. You would still be stuck with the solo q players who dont join voice. It just does not change anything. Even tho I would agree on the 6stack that it would be nice to have a different que for them.

Ive climbed without voice. GG ez.

In my honest opinion,

Unless you 6 man que, its 100% luck with teammates you get. Some get good teammates often, some get bad. Every single player has a different road in competitive, no one has had the same teammates as each other on the same games, on the same maps. Everyone’s ranking up experience is different than everyone else’s so for some its easy to say, Get better, I did it, its not hard, etc. For others, they feel like its stacked against them, forced losses, bad teammates. All of this just divides the community and make an already toxic environment more toxic for something that again unless you got 6 man que, is completely out of your control.

Its frustrating no doubt. Idk what fix there could even be or how it can be implemented. But I don’t see how many people could disagree that some people have a tougher road up than others.