Soldier's sexuality wasn't supposed to be revealed during Bastet?

Also, the Necropolis is abandoned. Jack is a super soldier. Even if Reaper’s attack put his healing ability on the fritz, his natural resistance and endurance likely wouldn’t let the cold of a desert night affect him much.

this is why i dont get why people think morrison and reyes dated… he clearly is not over vincent still

That’s what I’m saying.

Not every character in overwatch has PTSD. The same way not every soldier in real life does. The frequency the fans use that as a characterization is weird. Also, not everybody have the same symptoms either.

Besides, I don’t believe that the writing team has any form of psychologist/psychiatrist consulting done for its lore, seeing how most of it’s “firm science” is just fantasy science with a new name they came up with.

Natural endurance doesn’t necessarily correlates to resistance to cold and continuous winds and sand. As far as we know, cold could be one of his weakness.

Why are we interpreting the interaction as Jack being uncomfortable with them sleeping in the same building because of their genders tho?

2 Likes

Because of Ana’s line.

“we’re adults, you don’t have to sleep outside”?

Yes, and Soldier’s answer, Socrates.

To be honest, when I first heard it, I had no idea what Ana meant.

You clearly don’t read much into a soldier’s character if you think that forced he’s someone who is stuck in the past.

Even if he doesn’t like to admit it him reminiscing through pictures about the old days it’s pretty much exactly on point when it comes to his character.

This is what primarily bugs me most people who say it forced to have no idea what they’re talking about.

They would literally be like saying Sombra shouldn’t be making snide comments to push people’s buttons before a mission because it’s out of place that is literally her character. Hell during a infiltration mission she outright just messes with Gabe for the fun of it

1 Like

I’m allowed to think the writing is bad, lol. My issue is with the reveal. Bad set and setting, already explained if it was a girlfriend it would’ve been just bad writing but the fact that it was a shoehorned coming out just makes it seem forced for clout. I’m allowed to think that, lol.

And the sombra thing is totally unrelated. It’s a straw man. Fyi, I am gay. I do like tracers reveal. I think it was cute and it fit because it just revolves around family and how that means different things for different people. But for soldier it was just… eh. I get it’s not all happy endings but I’m tired of every gay story being tragic and especially fields dominated by straight men bc they don’t want to add those layers. I’m fine with soldier being gay but I feel like Vincent should’ve been shown in Ow2 with the origin missions or in a pre-ow story when Vincent was still in his life, not just randomly thrown out there when there are bigger fish to fry, if that makes sense?

Like being gay is a part of who you are not the whole thing, yes, but the set and setting of the story just make it seemed to me that the writers didn’t know how to express that.

1 Like

I personally don’t see it as a “tragic gay story line that didn’t work out”. I see it a tragic “man was so busy with work, he had to abandon his dream of having a normal life with a family”.

I disagree that he’s not over Vincent. I think he genuinely is, it’s been what, 30 years? What he’s not over, though, is that fact that he, essentially, has nobody. Even Ana and Gabe “managed to have families”, he didn’t. I think Vincent represents what he used to be before Overwatch and the whole super soldier thing.

4 Likes

Sorry if it felt like I was degrading your opinion but I got so used to people hating on the packet soldier was gay because it quote and ruin the character just using words like forced or retcon because the story honestly had such a little impact in they couldn’t find a valid reason to criticize.

Now I actually understand your deep opinion on it yeah it is something I do hope they try to deal with with tact and not just one shot it

3 Likes