Soldier:76 retcon

I think Jack Morrison and Soldier:76 should be different heroes.

Soldier:76 seems more perfect as a generic soldier who became a vigilante in the absence of Overwatch. He stole high tech equipment and uses it to fight crime. Biotic fields to keep himself alive since he’s an army of one with no medical knowledge after being shot and blown up. A linked rifle with visor to automatically aim for him since he’s a regular dude. I think helix rockets should lock on with tactical visor, but balancing.

I think its weird that he’s supposed to be a genetically modified super soldier since none of his actions or abilities reflect that. He just uses advanced tech for his abilities. He has 200 hp, sprint, auto aim gun, and heal station.

Now for Jack Morrison:

Health regen like mercy, replace biotic field with fortify like Orisa, and make his rifle more physically demanding like Doom’s heavy rifle, and let him sprint backwards. Replace tactical visor with an ult where he loads a supercharger onto his pulse rifle that gives infinite ammo and 30% dmg buff for 6 seconds.

This is a poor suggestion. There is no reason to split this into two different characters because that makes no sense. It would be better to just ask for a kit update to Soldier that makes him feel like a super soldier more.

… Except that he does fit that description. He went through a procedure similar to that of Captain America, albeit weaker. It is mostly an incredibly weak self heal (took him a while to heal his battle wounds, his face is permanently scarred) and general strength and endurance. What we see of him in game matches his power and skill shown in Bastet, Old Soldiers, Hero, Valkyrie, etc.

He isn’t that super human you think he is.

3 Likes

Literally every OW character is superhuman though.

Edit: okay not everyone but most.

I guess Ana is just old and can shoot stuff

Of the 33 heroes you have:

• 2 Animals (Winston, Hammond)
  • 3 Omnics (Bastion, Orisa, Zenyatta)
  • 1 Non-Omnic Robot (Echo)
  • 15 regular humans (Ana, Ashe, Baptiste, Brigitte, Cassidy, D.Va, Hanzo, Junkrat, Lucio, Mei, Mercy, Pharah, Reinhardt, Roadhog, Zarya)
  • 6 Cybernetically Enhanced Humans (Doomfist, Genji, Sojourn, Sombra, Symmetra, Torbjorn)
  • 4 Genetically Enhanced Humans (Moira, Reaper, Soldier 76, Widowmaker)
  • Tracer
  • Sigma

So of the 27 human heroes. 12 of them are superhuman.

2 Likes

Oh right, those guys are just.regular humans

Soldier is Batman of Overwatch. Reaper is Darth Vader of Overwatch. End of story.

I just think soldier76 is better as a rando vigilante since he only has 200hp than a juiced up soldier who has less hp than a cowboy and a polar scientist.

Like if you gave Baptiste the rifle, tacticalvisor, bioticfield he would literally operate the same as the super human, since 76’s entire kit is just high tech gear and not superhuman abilities.