Soldier ridiculously broken

Really tired of this - he’s too good for the skill now, with baby’s first recoil. Nerf Helix.

30 Likes

Soldier seems alright to me.

44 Likes

Well thank you for that analysis - :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

honestly i don’t think he’s broken, maybe a bit overtuned but i think he’s good rn. he’s not the defining meta. a slight nerf to his ammunition should make him balanced (30 to 25)

5 Likes

I mean you didnt really give anything to analyze

29 Likes

Let’s go with “overtuned”. I hadn’t picked him up in months and months, I could not believe how absurdly easy he was to get value. I am not opposed to his primary fire staying as is, but combined with helix, it’s way too good for the little skill the kit takes.

4 Likes

yeah, his helix is his most annoying part of his kit. i’ve been thinking, maybe 25 ammunition and 8 second helix or just the helix nerf

4 Likes

Fin fact: dps was meta defining in three metas, grav dragon and beyblade and double sniper.

3 Likes

ok so tell me, where did i ever say that dps never defines meta’s

i didnt say u did say that, i just wanted to mention how rare for them to do that.

sounded like that you twisted my words from saying “soldier isn’t defining the meta rn” to “dps never defines the meta”

2 Likes

Better soldier than Widow or Mccree.

8 Likes

Just out of curiosity, why is that exactly?

I’m not of the mindset he needs nerfing but this wording actually made me lol

5 Likes

This is my opinion but soldier is a lot less opressive and more counterable than those hero, again just my opinion.

2 Likes

in plat? With his trash tickling damage, he got some value but also does some negative value charging enemy supports ultimates. To get the actual value you need to be able to be precise as his visor but with headshots. All value s76 gets is the pressure he can apply, but not actual lethality if there is not a team pepega vs him.
And let’s talk about skill. Mechanical skill.
Take a shot of these predictable bots RM4GA and tell me if your accuracy is somewhere 39-44%, right? Now try to click heads only. And now try to shoot some actual players who know how to move, use angles, covers, peek corners, manage defensive abilities, and stuff. Still free value? Don’t think so. You will find out that the hero has no actual utility to provide outside of just raw damage output which can be completely negated with less effort than it takes to hit those shots that were given.
Ofc it is not that hard to shoot balls and hogs and shields, you might get value of that even in diamond, but there is not a value if you get higher. And if you talk about ballancing, you should take only high ranks into consideration.

3 Likes

His analysis seems as complete as yours OP

3 Likes

Whatever bro - look, he’s trivial now compared to before. Easy value. All the things you mentioned apply equally to other DPS btw.

Hot take: Soldier gets nerf on Helix rockets or his primary within 3 months at the most.

Bro’s number 2 in GM behind Tracer… that alone should tell you something isn’t quite right for a dude who self-pockets.

This alone is nonsense.

1 Like

Besides those other DPSes have a specific use, and different power levels here and there, where soldier sucks hard being mediocre at everything but really good at nothing.

That tells me how hard is a whole DPS roster was nerfed. What I consider as a value is when Ashe was able to one-tap via damage boost when Hanzo’s projectile speed was 125 m/s and widow in season9 until her being gutted into oblivion.
But yall call it “broken” thus we have the least impactful role in a game with the widest useless roster. Here you go 5v5 with 1 less tank, now let’s get back into SUPER’s video comparing power lvls between dps and tank there :wink: Hope you got a hint.

I suggest you look at his rankings across the top four tiers in Overbuff then tell me how he’s doing…

Talk about rationalization…

DPS lies…