Soldier is in a weird spot now

Just decrease helix burst damage

?

The lowered his Helix Cooldown to 6 seconds then removed his already on his Primary Fire. Now he has actual recoil instead so it’s always pinpoint accurate

new heroes usually come out with a very high wr at the start because its new and people dont know how to play against it

3 Likes

True. However, figuring out how to play against Soldier shouldn’t be difficult. Especially for GM players. Soldier is an original character after all. His abilities also haven’t changed in terms of functionality

They removed the spread on his weapon and gave him recoil. They also lowered his damage to 19.

2 Likes

could say the same about winston, most players have never played against soldier and its a very different style to whats been played since forever

1 Like

That’s fair. Winston hasn’t been played in GM in so long some players in GM never had to learn how to play against him. Sane can be said about Soldier

Funny thing is that Reinhardt who hardcounters Soldier also has 58% winrate. I guess, just pick Rein.

Soldier is crazy good now and way more fun than ever.
I’d rather play against 6 Soldier76 than one widowmaker or genji honestly.

I think give it time but its so annoying the amount of pressure and damage soldier can do

Following any patch with a significant change, the stats are always skewed for the first month or so from people trying out the new changes. It’s best to wait about a month for stats to stabilize.

Well, he has to be able to do SOMETHING. Providing consistent suppressive fire should be his thing. I would say it’s fitting for a DPS hero to, you know, have a good DPS.

1 Like

All the threads when it came out screaming that it was a huge nerf and it butchered soldier made me feel like I was in bizzaro world.

Wonder how all those people coped with having to pull their mouse slightly downward in exchange for vastly increased effectiveness?

I’ll openly admit to hating hitscans with a passion, but I agree that solider feels surprisingly fair.

I’d say the only part of his kit that needs to be changed is the helix rocket cooldown buff being reverted. It’s not needed now that his primary fire is much stronger.

We should wait for more data probably. People still getting used to playing against him too.

1 Like

Well it takes less effort to aim as soldier than to aim as Widow. Must be the reason Widow’s popularity has gone down so much. That and dive has seen a resurgence.

Wait a month or two.

Soldier without shields is still destroyed by precise Widows, Hanzos, and pocketed Ashes.

Also, skilled DF players.

dont worry people will start whining, and he will be nerfed to unusable levels again

I think this just shows how OP burst hitscan damage is. Yeah, without Widow and Ashe in the game he could very well be OP. But they’re there so he is relatively not OP.

you’ve got juked with TTK syndrome. You call it op if you got oneshotted only.

God, I hate you for this.
I’ve gotta go through so many posts…

Will edit when I find it.
EDIT:

With this in mind…

He doesn’t need a nerf, imo. Not when other DPS so easily get more value (Hanzo, Widowmaker, McCree, Tracer, Ashe+Mercy come to mind).
He already got his damage decreased to 19 per bullet.
While I think a helix cd nerf or minor helix damage nerf would be fine- do keep in mind his ult is basically useless due to his inability to headshot, excepting nano-visor (but we can’t really balance it around that premise).

Just my opinion of course, but do keep in mind to look at more than just stats.

1 Like